• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenbatsu

Well thanks to this game and loving Zinogre so much in design and battle, this shall be mine soon.
29997-headerzinogrerevoltechpreorder.jpg
Get this instead:
creators_photo01_01_1.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/goods/cfb/gallery/creators02/creators01_01.html

Kinsei

Banned
Eh? Has a gender ever been explicitly stated for Fatalis? As far as I'm aware it's not a species with a specific gender, unlike say rathian/rathalos.

In the first MH on PS2 they did. They also revealed that Lao Shan Lung wasn't on it's way through that canyon by choice, it was being chased by Fatalis.

Seil

In the first MH on PS2 they did. They also revealed that Lao Shan Lung wasn't on it's way through that canyon by choice, it was being chased by Fatalis.

Hrm. Did they say the species as a whole though or just that one specifically? Just wondering since I've never seen any mention of it that I recall on any sites or in the games I've played =/ I only played the PSP games and 4U though.

You'd at least think a wiki or something would've trivia'd it. But google seems to show nothing at all lol.

Kinsei

Banned
Hrm. Did they say the species as a whole though or just that one specifically? Just wondering since I've never seen any mention of it that I recall on any sites or in the games I've played =/ I only played the PSP games and 4U though.

You'd at least think a wiki or something would've trivia'd it. But google seems to show nothing at all lol.

Well there was only the one Fatalis in MH1 so it's possible that just that one was female. I've been under the assumption all these years that regular and Crimson are female and White is male (I mean, it does have a beard after all).

Seil

Well there was only the one Fatalis in MH1 so it's possible that just that one was female. I've been under the assumption all these years that regular and Crimson are female and White is male (I mean, it does have a beard after all).

Kirin has a beard too =p

But yeah, I mean it's possible. I just like lore and stuff so was curious since this was the first I'd heard of it. I think for now I'm just gonna stay in the neutral zone though lol.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

There's no difference between black, crimson and white Fatalis except their years of maturity. They're essentially the same creature which is why their names don't change when you look at the quests.

Seil

There's no difference between black, crimson and white Fatalis except their years of maturity. They're essentially the same creature which is why their names don't change when you look at the quests.

That'd be odd considering Crimson is accustomed to volcanic environments and White is weak to fire.

I mean, branching perhaps but the idea of crimson or white becoming the other over time seems odd. A fatalis maturing into one or the other due to adaptation is another story.

Edit: What I'm coming away with from the Fatalis conversation thus far is "Mysterious, needs more study" lol

What skills should I gem in for a hammer set? I only have KO king so far plus my Steve armor has skills that's slows stamina depletion and steady hand to prevent deflection and halves the sharpness decreasing rate

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wowwwwwwwww, fought the smartest Tigrex ever; he actually rolled me over to the next zone when I was mounting it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've gotten used to all the Melee weapons, and wanted to try out the guns...but if I'm mainly solo, is it worth using them, or are they suited more for support roles? Which gun is the best for single player? Or should I just not bother...

Shengar

I've gotten used to all the Melee weapons, and wanted to try out the guns...but if I'm mainly solo, is it worth using them, or are they suited more for support roles? Which gun is the best for single player? Or should I just not bother...
There some gaffer who solo the caravan quests using only gun (tuffy is the one I see most), so I guess it's pretty doable for solo. Just don't expect cutting tail with it and you'll be fine I think.

ohlawd

I drew a fanart of Zamtrios yesterday, I thought I might as well share it here :p

Zamtrios Fanart

I like this

Zamtrios is my favorite new gen monster. surprised me when it expanded like a balloon. I love it when I'm near one and I can see the scales and shit. Best looking monster in the game. sure it's just a shark with legs but look at it. it makes every other monster in the game look like they were done on a PS1/N64

Prototype

I've had too many beers to hunt tonight. I tried it before and I can't do it.

Hunt for me brothers! Hunt the good hunt. Feel the spirit of the hunt. Become one with it! Cherish your fellow hunters! Be happy and enjoy the HUNT!

So how are you guys who aren't G rank making progress? Nobody wants to help low rank people anymore.
I've been helping my LR buddies whenever they're on, but TBH no one in LR really needs help to progress. IMO the first major hurdle is Pink Rathian.

Assuming people got decently far and learned their weapons in SP, of course. Monsters don't have enough health to be a major threat until late HR.

Unless the issue is filling a room at all, which really sucks. I can't imagine we're at that point already though.

WorldStar

Banned
so i'm hr3 & 4 star caravan (at gore magala urgent quest)

should i use my armor spheres+ to upgrade my gore magala armor further or should i save them for later in the game? so far i've only used regular armor spheres on the gore magala armor, not armor sphere+

new to monster hunter so no clue whether they are worth saving

Shengar

I like this

Zamtrios is my favorite new gen monster. surprised me when it expanded like a balloon. I love it when I'm near one and I can see the scales and shit. Best looking monster in the game. sure it's just a shark with legs but look at it. it makes every other monster in the game look like they were done on a PS1/N64

This is why there is a character in game that refused to call Zamtrios a mere "monster sharq" lol

so i'm hr3 & 4 star caravan (at gore magala urgent quest)

should i use my armor spheres+ to upgrade my gore magala armor further or should i save them for later in the game? so far i've only used regular armor spheres on the gore magala armor, not armor sphere+

Just use them, since you'll hoard them plenty from quest (if you stay in HR for long like me) and high level armor use higher level armor sphere for their upgrade.

So how are you guys who aren't G rank making progress? Nobody wants to help low rank people anymore.

I'm slowly making progress. I got the game on day 1, and I'm just about to get to HR5. I don't have much time to play online at times. And I'm trying to built HR armor at the same time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been helping my LR buddies whenever they're on, but TBH no one in LR really needs help to progress. IMO the first major hurdle is Pink Rathian.

Assuming people got decently far and learned their weapons in SP, of course. Monsters don't have enough health to be a major threat until late HR.

Unless the issue is filling a room at all, which really sucks. I can't imagine we're at that point already though.

My issue has been getting people to run with. I don't need help because I can't kill stuff, I need help because monsters balanced for 2.5 players being solo'd take way too fucking long.

My issue has been getting people to run with. I don't need help because I can't kill stuff, I need help because monsters balanced for 2.5 players being solo'd take way too fucking long.
Hmm, that really sucks. Do you create lobbies it search for them? Your best bet might be searching for generic X* quest rooms and switching off hunts. This means it might take longer, but at least you'll be progressing.

Conversely, you could go the SP route and gear up for HR, then absolutely dominate LR by yourself. I bet GAFers would be happy to help out, me included, if you want to be carried to a rank with players. Unfortunately I work, so I can't play much during work days, but I tend to get a few hours in every night.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

They are pretty easy to farm, and only easier in HR. At most you'll use 10 on one set of armor, but a lot of armors will only use one round before it bumps to needing adv armor sphere. I'd just go ahead and use them since your next armor upgrade will still push you well ahead of where they get you (my upgraded Tetsu S set is twice my upgraded Ingot set) and like 20-30 mins of mining runs in the right places will get you enough for fully upgrading a whole new armor set.

Juraash

Think I need to upgrade my weapon. Been working on G1 and stuff is taking a bit long to die. It's still totally doable but I'm still rocking the base version of the Seregios GS. I should probably at least farm a molten tigrex or two for the rest of the mats. That white sharpness with its recovery and razornsharp on my armor is just to good to give up.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong and should try to scrape up sharpness +1 and get a sword with higher raw since I have access to weapons that hit much harder.

On another note, Berserk Tetsu was pretty fun. His new moves were a little intimidating at first, but he was super manageable.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Funny question and I haven't tried it but can you mount a monster as a gunner? :p
It's harder. A lot that mount with the first first smack on LS mount with the second smack on LBG. Also if you weren't fully loaded and miss, you'll sit there reloading on the ground right next to them. Although if you get the mount it fully reloads you, which is nice for shooting them quickly after the dismount, provided you had the ammo you wanted to use when they are grounded set up, which you should.

Shengar

Funny question and I haven't tried it but can you mount a monster as a gunner? :p

I have seen Illium mounted monster more than once using bow :p
It's possible, and IMO, it is no harder than mounting monster using melee weapon that is not IG and Lance, since all of them pretty much need you to bait the monster into a ledge or climbable wall anyway.

Finally got three Gore Magala feelers to make its charge blade! That took me most pf the night to do but man it looks awesome and it's a decent stat boost from what I had. Really felt myself getting better at the game as I got those, at first I could just barely beat him on my third try after using all my potions. After failing w couple times and learning its patterns, changing my strategy to use mounting (hardly touched before now) and traps to make him vulnerable, I got the last feeler on my first life barely using any potions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom