• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I play yesterday for a bit, and today all of a sudden I'm Silver Crown. What'd I do? Was it just doing all the Urgents when they popped up? I don't even remember doing one yesterday. Deciphering the nth text?

Also, I'm still not sure: what boosts my attack/defense more, Foodbuff (L) or Mega Demondrug/Mega Armorskin respectively?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Okay so I play yesterday for a bit, and today all of a sudden I'm Silver Crown. What'd I do? Was it just doing all the Urgents when they popped up? I don't even remember doing one yesterday. Deciphering the nth text?
Yeah, you did the rajang text.

Also, I'm still not sure: what boosts my attack/defense more, Foodbuff (L) or Mega Demondrug/Mega Armorskin respectively?

They boost by the same amount, IIRC.

This is correct. Here's some more detail for the hell of it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs/62063

This info was for MHTri but I doubt they changed anything.

ilium

It seems like no matter how low I aim shots still fire over small monsters. This is aiming with the d-pad whilst charging.

You are using manual aim right? The one where you get a red "trajectoryline". Holding X or R depending on your control scheme.
Really no idea what the problem could be here ?.?

Bastos

Guys where can I farm Oroshi Kirin? Kiranico says Caravan 10 but after doing this quest two times it's not there anymore.

I want my Emperor Frostsword :c

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
were you the guy just in my Nuke Brachy lobby, because him and my friend Ultra kept that thing shocked
I wish, but no; it's crazy how much you can chain into a string of paralysis. Throw in a trap during the tail end of the effect and it can totally lead to another paralysis very quickly (depending on monster).

Seil

Guys where can I farm Oroshi Kirin? Kiranico says Caravan 10 but after doing this quest two times it's not there anymore.

Advanced quests cycle out. Go accept and abandon a harvest tour a few times, checking to see if the quest is available each time.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I'm progressing pretty fast through the main story. Way faster than 3U, maybe because I ditched the GS and went back to the ol' hammer. I just hunted Zamtrios and was expecting Barioth levels of pain but it turned into a giant balloon and was an easy kill. Didn't think that was going to happen!

Iryx

It's an advanced quest, so it's only available just do one of the tutorial missions to turn in a steak/Mega Pot and it should cycle which advanced quests you can do, repeat until it shows up.

Bastos

Advanced quests cycle out. Go accept and abandon a harvest tour a few times, checking to see if the quest is available each time.
It's an advanced quest, so it's only available just do one of the tutorial missions to turn in a steak/Mega Pot and it should cycle which advanced quests you can do, repeat until it shows up.
Ahhh didn't know that, thanks!

And wtf when did I become a member? o_O

bobohoro

Expect 10 hours of farm for the Shattered Omen.

I actually had enough for my CB upgrade and still have around 3 sitting in my inventory. And I didn't even mine every dropped meteor.

The only one I'm missing is the Ceadeus one. You might want to go after the Fatalis one now since it's really easy to make. I got all of the parts for it in two kills.

Oh, only need the last egg-straction quest anyway, might as well.

Wowwwwwwwww, fought the smartest Tigrex ever; he actually rolled me over to the next zone when I was mounting it.

I watch Noobert on stream once, fighting an Lv140 Apex Rajang and getting thrown off every mountin attempt (didn't even know that was possible). So he tried a good 5-7 times, finally got the mount and the trashing Rajang rolled him into the next screen. Stunned silence for a few seconds, was kinda hilarious.

This. Free phial burst on [any sword move]->x+a.

I think that X after loading your phials with R+A also has an additional effect.

Cerity

30 A.Raths down, 14 plates, zip rubies. Just need that one more for the Rath Soul Set

Might take a break from this lol but not sure what to do lol. Might just go build lances while actually finishing all of the lower rank quests to get that red check.

Waikis

ha, was farming for the rath soul as well for the past 1 hour.
Only to realise that I needed Rathalos instead of Azure rathalos for the helm.
Fuck me.

PKrockin

Someone new enters the room and immediately posts his urgent. He triple carts and posts it again. Carts once and then stays in camp.

Never fails.

Someone new enters the room and immediately posts his urgent. He triple carts and posts it again. Carts once and then stays in camp.

Never fails.

sometimes I try to tell them that immediately posting a quest when entering a lobby is kinda rude.
Usually they don't bother to answer.

Seil

I really shouldn't. He's only going to get his ass kicked even harder in the next rank. At some point he needs to git gud.

Yeah there's a point where I think it's worth considering "If I carry this person up, they're eventually going to reach G rank and hold everyone back" let nature do its thing =p

PKrockin

Yeah there's a point where I think it's worth considering "If I carry this person up, they're eventually going to reach G rank and hold everyone back" let nature do its thing =p
If they get carried to G rank I wouldn't be surprised if it's less "holding everyone back" and more "I can't even fight any of the monsters in this rank without triple carting"

What urgent anyway? B. Gravios?
Shagaru Magala, this latest one. I see it with Black Gravios too though.

Seil

If they get carried to G rank I wouldn't be surprised if it's less "holding everyone back" and more "I can't even fight any of the monsters in this rank without triple carting"

I feel like triple carting in every group you join qualifies as holding people back haha

PKrockin

I feel like triple carting in every group you join qualifies as holding people back haha
Well of course, in my mind I kind of separated someone who's not that good or has subpar gear so they cart once or twice or don't do much damage (that's ok) versus someone who's reached the point where they basically have to make other people play the whole rest of the game for them. lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I couldn't stop thinking "Haters gonna hate." as Kirin pranced around me.

Also his cutscene is awesome.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I hated fighting brachy in 3, but I was kind of sad when I fought him last night in 4 at how nerfed he felt.

Then I got him frenzied. That's more like the brachy I hate. Apparently he has a subspecies too

Volcynika

I didn't really think about it, but I should've known this was something possible. I was fighting a Geodrome and it was weak, so I mounted it to knock it down and hopefully finish it off. Well before the monster reached the top of my gauge, I was suddenly thrown off him (and since I was right by an exit, thrown into the adjacent area). I was so confused if something glitched out since that shouldn't have happened. Went back into the area, and he was dead. I had dealt the last blow mid-mount, and I found that kinda cool.

I hated fighting brachy in 3, but I was kind of sad when I fought him last night in 4 at how nerfed he felt.

Then I got him frenzied. That's more like the brachy I hate. Apparently he has a subspecies too

The subspecies has that goo shit on its fists and if you hit it too much it'll explode for like 2/3 health lol

Volcynika

I made the Hurricane dual swords from the Dormino Hermitaur thing which wasn't hard to make, but the (I think water) damage on it is kinda dimmed out, is there a way I can fix that? All the elemental and the like damage on other weapons are in white text.

tuffy

I made the Hurricane dual swords from the Dormino Hermitaur thing which wasn't hard to make, but the (I think water) damage on it is kinda dimmed out, is there a way I can fix that? All the elemental and the like damage on other weapons are in white text.
You need the Awaken skill for that elemental property to activate.

Parshias7

Never fails.

I had a guy cart twice on my Urgent and then once we get back into the Guild Hall he immediately ran up to the counter to post his own version of the Urgent we just failed. Oh yeah, dude, you did such a good job of fucking up my Urgent that I'm totally willing to help you out with yours. Thankfully this was a room I had set up, so I kicked the dude. I find doing Urgents with randoms goes much smoother when you have the ability to kick the scrubs out after a failure.

Leezard

Anyone want to do some general G1/G2 stuff? I was thinking of starting with Ring Hollow (B. Tetsu, Rath, Gravios), but I'm up for pretty much anything depending on what you want.

56-9341-6236-8513

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom