• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

I don't understand how people can do only raw power >.< something about that makes me feel uneasy. I'm an elemental guy, and I feel like I do massive damage when I use elemental phials from my charge blade against foes. How do you guys feel about your raw power? I'm curious.

Also, I can only say this because I have a Seregios weapon myself (that I never use), but how do you guys deal with that sharpness? It drops down every few seconds and the whole evading thing is only efficient on a few select weapons.

-Alternis

With high Raw Power, you get jack-of-all-trade weapon that is good against everything. In my case, I started the game with Lance, and I have bunch of it with different elemental properties to used against the appropriate monsters. When I switch back to SA, I don't particularly want to grind LR or HR monsters for their materials. I want to jumped straight to the action, so I create Seregios SA that gives me high Raw with a monster on the same level as me to grind. Elemental damage deal higher damage to monster that weak with it, but if you don't have the luxury of money or time to grind, you might go Raw damage so you can used it just on everything.

As for the sharpness itself, it goes pretty well with Regios X set. That armor set gives Steady Hand, which have the effect of Mind's Eye plus Razor Sharp. The latter skill pretty much makes that sliver of purple sharpness last the same as any other weapon with natural purple sharpness. In the case of SA, the special properties of Seregios weapon of restoring sharpness by rolling works pretty well if you use sword mode a lot since the only way to traverse is by rolling. The only time my SA sharpness drops to blue is when the team is too good to the point the monster barely get up at all.

Regarding Seregios weapon special properties, this is why some weapon just don't work well with it. LS for example, will have its sharpness drop faster than I can restore them due to high rate of attack and the fact that I would most likely sheath my weapon for traversing the battlefield instead of rolling with weapon drawn because that's much faster and its drawn attack is much better at dealing damage to tails.

Wanderer5

Well thanks to this game and loving Zinogre so much in design and battle, this shall be mine soon.

29997-headerzinogrerevoltechpreorder.jpg

bobohoro

Finally got my Dalamadur CB, only took me around 10 hunts for the stupid tail shells. Skyblade Gems on the other hand? I could swim in them like Dagobert Duck. And will probably only use half if even that.

Rank 7 CBs I got left are the Fatalis, Teostra and Caedeus ones, I think, but I might be saving those for later.

Shengar

Finally got my Dalamadur CB, only took me around 10 hunts for the stupid tail shells. Skyblade Gems on the other hand? I could swim in them like Dagobert Duck. And will probably only use half if even that.

Rank 7 CBs I got left are the Fatalis, Teostra and Caedeus ones, I think, but I might be saving those for later.

Expect 10 hours of farm for the Shattered Omen.

jorgejjvr

Oh yea, I'm not in a rush. Post when you're free and I'll make the room again.

I'm available. I would prefer to do the special G3* quests but I do not mind helping you (and everyone else) with any difficulties they might be having. Respectfully, I'll try not to stay in a room too long so that everyone may be helped. Pick your quests wisely!

I'm an HR89 hunter with a bronze star, and am well/decently skilled (I can handle myself for the most part).

-Alternis

Someone posted a really good set earlier in the thread(I think it was a reviewer that got the game early?) and I can't find the page did someone happen to bookmark/remember. It was a really good set for GS that he said he made in high rank and one of the skills was honed blade.

Knibbler

Neo Member
Anyone know which armor i should use for Grank as an LBG? I'm trying to learn LBG but I dont know which armor i should use. Thanks

Shiina

Someone posted a really good set earlier in the thread(I think it was a reviewer that got the game early?) and I can't find the page did someone happen to bookmark/remember. It was a really good set for GS that he said he made in high rank and one of the skills was honed blade.

I think the only way you're going to get Honed Blade in HR is via the Rebellion Mail and Torso Up coupled with Ukanlos parts.
Rebellion Mail, Tetsu X legs (very early G rank and easily soloable), and then you can add two Ukanlos parts to give you enough Edgemaster for Honed Blade.
Not sure I would recommend that, though, because GS needs other skills besides S+1 (Honed Blade).

burgerdog

I'm available. I would prefer to do the special G3* quests but I do not mind helping you (and everyone else) with any difficulties they might be having. Respectfully, I'll try not to stay in a room too long so that everyone may be helped. Pick your quests wisely!

I'm an HR89 hunter with a bronze star, and am well/decently skilled (I can handle myself for the most part).

-Alternis

Sorry about that, I was killing apex Seregios. Are you still free? I just need one quest then we can do yours.

Highwind

Lv 137 Shagaru Magala.....

Lol

Explosions everywhere like a bad Michael Bay film. ¬_¬

And finally my luck ran out and it caused me to cart for the first time.

Jesus Christ. X_X

Kinsei

Banned

The only one I'm missing is the Ceadeus one. You might want to go after the Fatalis one now since it's really easy to make. I got all of the parts for it in two kills.

ugoo18

I don't seem to be getting any new village quests anymore. I've cleared all the available quests up 6 star and all the available urgents yet i'm not getting 7 star quests or some of the hidden advanced quests.

jorgejjvr

You guys overestimated the difficulty of G rank Molten Tigrex. Two hunters who weren't overpowered and I were able to kill him in around ten minutes while also breaking every part. He's pretty predictable. I only got hit around three times. I was expecting a hard and challenging fight :(

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

The only one I'm missing is the Ceadeus one. You might want to go after the Fatalis one now since it's really easy to make. I got all of the parts for it in two kills.

Aren't you missing the Crimson and white Fatalis ones? As well as the furious Rajang one? :p

-Alternis

Kinsei

Banned
I don't seem to be getting any new village quests anymore. I've cleared all the available quests up 6 star and all the available urgents yet i'm not getting 7 star quests or some of the hidden advanced quests.

You shouldn't be skipping the text. The game told you to go to Dundorma.

Aren't you missing the Crimson and white Fatalis ones? As well as the furious Rajang one? :p

-Alternis

I actually have the Crimson Fatalis CB. I wasn't counting White due to it being DLC and I didn't know there was a Furious Rajang CB (is it G rank?).

Shokio

Neo Member
I need to do my G3 Urgent (Gogmazios) as well as go back and do Bolt of Pink. If anyone wants to hop in the ID is 28 - 4026 - 9444 - 5406

Shengar

Holy shit, you guys weren't kidding about the limited option in new weapon. I look up Ping's Dex for thunder IG, and what it shows is Rajang and elder dragons IGs. Even the former need Awaken to have its element activated!

ugoo18

I actually have the Crimson Fatalis CB. I wasn't counting White due to it being DLC and I didn't know there was a Furious Rajang CB (is it G rank?).

My bad, i was rushing through the offline to get wystones before went Apex Seregios hunting.

Shengar

This game has the cutest credits.
The one where Palicoes goes around the world and beat the crap out of monsters along the way? Yup.
it's also hilarious imagining monster get gang'd up by five cats when playing Meownster Hunter. Really like the minivgame because of that.

jorgejjvr

It is indeed G rank. But wait, isn't Crimson Fatalis unlocked by deciphering a scroll (which is G rank?)? Forgive my ignorance, but if you're high rank, how did you get his C. Blade? Let me guess, caravan?

-Alternis

burgerdog

The one where Palicoes goes around the world and beat the crap out of monsters along the way? Yup.
it's also hilarious imagining monster get gang'd up by five cats when playing Meownster Hunter. Really like the minivgame because of that.

Yea :lol I loved the patches on the monster parts they broke. The final cg was incredibly well done, too. This game and Bloodborne in two weeks, I am not worthy.

Kinsei

Banned
It is indeed G rank. But wait, isn't Crimson Fatalis unlocked by deciphering a scroll (which is G rank?)? Forgive my ignorance, but if you're high rank, how did you get his C. Blade? Let me guess, caravan?

-Alternis

Yep! Once you beat every single egg delivery quest you unlock a high rank Crimson Fatalis caravan quest. Fatalis is a girl FYI.

Seil

Yep! Once you beat every single egg delivery quest you unlock a high rank Crimson Fatalis caravan quest. Fatalis is a girl FYI.

Eh? Has a gender ever been explicitly stated for Fatalis? As far as I'm aware it's not a species with a specific gender, unlike say rathian/rathalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom