• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, some of you are pretty heavy in, I'm on Rank 4 stuff atm in the SP. But then again I re-did quests multiple times for resources for weapons and armour.

About to start it up for the first time. Never played a monster hunter game before. Can my friend and i play together from the start? Any guides for newbies?

Who else halts killing the monster just to mount it more.
image.php

My mind is so in the gutter.

popyea

I'm still terrible at this series. Can't get past the egg delivery mission.

mix fish and milk (i think) and get feline supercat and feline lander skills from eating before you quest. They prevent stuns and high drops from breaking your egg. And if you have any, drink dash juice before you pick up the egg, so you can run without stopping.

Just reached high rank online. What armor sets are people using? Been using High Metal for the health buff and Artillery but I know that's going to become useless quick.

Just spent my evening helping strangers get to HR2. I'm only HR2 myself since I've been mostly in SP, but my high rank gear makes everything drop in less than 5 minutes online. Even the nerscylla. Sogood. Hopefully I can get to HR3 tomorrow (I'm waiting for my brother for online.)

HR velociprey set isn't terrible for being the first one you can craft. I gemmed it to Atk up L, psychic, and half stun.

mix fish and milk (i think) and get feline supercat and feline lander skills from eating before you quest. They prevent stuns and high drops from breaking your egg. And if you have any, drink dash juice before you pick up the egg, so you can run without stopping.

Second this advice.

Yes, these quests do suck.

ZeroX03

Banned

That did the trick thanks.

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with expeditions?
The game kinda sorta explains them but I still don't get why they're there and why I should do them. Are they solely for getting guild quests to send via StreetPass?

I opened the game yesterday but haven't had much time to play yet. I tried farming Seltas for a bit just to discover that I need to hunt a different monster to complete its armor set, so I guess I'll make a quick Jaggi set for now just so I can have passable defense.

Trying to go for a great sword this time around.It's pretty different from all the stuff I'm used to, so it'll be a while before I get the hang of things. Thus far I've finished all the 2 star missions, and did the urgent Quest. I'm definitely feeling my lack of armour, so I may farm a little bit before doing the 3 star quests.

Duxa

Neo Member
Ok, anyone actually have a 3DXL and N3DSXL to tell us if the better graphics are worth the $200? Or is it more of a "meh, nice to have but whatever..." ?

co1onel

Been playing nearly all day. On 5 star village quests now, but I really to give it a rest for now. Can't wait to pick it back up tomorrow. Once I finish the low rank village quests I think I'll hop online.

That said, one thing that's really bothering me is that capcom still refuses to include analog control for the right stick. Quite frustrating to me that they can't even do something as simple as this. Would especially make aiming with the bow/bowgun a lot easier.

Ok, anyone actually have a 3DXL and N3DSXL to tell us if the better graphics are worth the $200? Or is it more of a "meh, nice to have but whatever..." ?

Are you referring to the larger screens on the XL's? If you are, I think the regular sized 3ds looks much better. I went from OG3DS to n3DSXL, and the giant pixels are quite noticeable. Everything looked sharper before. What the XL does help in, is that I don't have to hold it so close to my face, and I feel like I can relax my eyes more. That said, the n3ds specifically has improved textures, which makes some of the monsters look more detailed, although the environments still look drab. If anything, I think the n3ds is worth it just for the upgrade in frame-rate. Also feel I should note that the colors look better on the n3ds, not a whole lot though.

Vortex566

Was meant to be playing Majoras Mask. However, I've spent more time playing MH4U. This game is really addictive, and having it on the 3DS makes it really easy to pick up and play.

Koeta

someone posted this awhile ago, pic.

I don't think it's worth upgrading for just that, I'm waiting to see what sort of xenoblade special new 3ds xl they offer before I upgrade, maybe they will pack in a charger by then?

c2morg

Is there a recipe you can cook so you can see you monster target on the map? I thought I read it somewhere on here but can't find it

caesar

Banned
Let me know if you wanna play online, since we're both in Korea we should get a pretty good connection.

As long as you don't throw me around with your Swaxe :p
Yeh could do.. I wanna get a better feel for it first though. Im like unbelievably bad atm, just watched gaijinhunters tutorial and realised i know nothing.

What weapon are you maining?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is there a recipe you can cook so you can see you monster target on the map? I thought I read it somewhere on here but can't find it

It's a daily skill called Felyne Oracle but it only lasts 60 seconds, you can always bring psychoserum to replicate the effect whenever you need it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom