• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiina

Well shit.. I feel stupid for soloing him then.. I was wondering why he attacks like a rabid moron.. Thankfully the 2 Palicos distract him enough for mw to wail on him..

It really isn't that bad. Honestly I find Gore to be one of the easier monsters in the game. His moveset is really bad; he can barely do anything when you're under or behind him.

Rurunaki

It really isn't that bad. Honestly I find Gore to be one of the easier monsters in the game. His moveset is really bad; he can barely do anything when you're under or behind him.

I agree. The hardest part for me is cutting off his tail because of the damn wing covering like 75% of it. You either have to be completely behind or wait til he's in frenzy but then you target his horns when frenzied..

SuperSah

Banned
Oh no, I meant 2* online quest which was the Nerscylla.

Thanks guys, I solo'd it and it took 35 minutes, thing clearly was buffed for four players. :p

bobohoro

Gore Charge Blade any good? What would you guys recommend?

Yeah, will be one of your main weapons through LR and HR, drops off a bit in the end of HR and gets outclassed a bit in G-Rank. But you're still looking at a whole lot of usefulness and the weapon upgrades require mats from two of the most fun fights in the game. :D

I'm a Magala fanboy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
"That fish looks different"
*catches it*
*is an ancient fish*

Just after I decide to go gunner...
The sword I can make from it does over 200 more raw damage and 300 more elemental than my current best sword, and it has a fuckton of green.

anyone willing to help with two hr5 quests, then the urgent to get me to 6 please?

Every random room I get in, everyone vacates. I must stank of monster innards or some dung.

19-6581-4133-3165

Yeah, will be one of your main weapons through LR and HR, drops off a bit in the end of HR and gets outclassed a bit in G-Rank. But you're still looking at a whole lot of usefulness and the weapon upgrades require mats from two of the most fun fights in the game. :D

I'm a Magala fanboy.

I wouldn't say that. There aren't any other impact dragon cb iirc

SuperSah

Banned
Online play is so much fun when you meet the right people.

In a group with 3 awesome people, having a laugh and questing. Feels good.

Bastos

Is there anyone here that enjoys hunting Yian Garuga? I want to smash my 3DS on the floor like I scored a fucking touchdown

Anura

Online play is so much fun when you meet the right people.

In a group with 3 awesome people, having a laugh and questing. Feels good.
Yeah, but groups like that seem so rare in this game... It feels like 1 in 3 hunters or so don't even say hi back to me. I know this seems like nitpicking but that's crazy considering how much fun the community used to be

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah, but groups like that seem so rare in this game... It feels like 1 in 3 hunters or so don't even say hi back to me. I know this seems like nitpicking but that's crazy considering how much fun the community used to be

I dunno, most of the guys I met here have been great, though in Tri they were a lot friendlier.

Shiina

I don't think you know the meaning of fun.

jqwg.png

Beats

Been getting loads of gems from G Rank Kushala Daora, but not a single hardhorn. I did ten runs so far and the head broke every single time, but nothing. : <

Physical copies of this game have been sold out at all the gamestops in my area for a while, but while I was killing time waiting for my Dad to get his hair cut...I went into a gamestop, and they had a complete used copy of this I was able to pick up XD /psyched

R0ckman

Was with a random group doing Apex Rajang quest, some guy comes in, mocks us for not having drive, leaves, we end up beating him.

Juraash

Is there anyone here that enjoys hunting Yian Garuga? I want to smash my 3DS on the floor like I scored a fucking touchdown

I've never had a problem with him, I kinda enjoy the fight. In Freedom Unite he reminded me, mechanically, of a bridge between Kut-ku and Rathian. He was like, a stepping stone to harder monsters. But I also kinda like Gypceros too.

The only monsters I really....hate fighting are the Gravios family and Khezu and thats only when I'm sticking with melee. Also my limited experience with Rajang hasn't been super enjoyable.

R0ckman

To be fair, drive is pretty important and really makes the fight easier.

I think what locked the match was that we had one guy mount him we all attacked him to unapex, set a trap, I come in beat the hell out of his head (had a hammer and skill set up just for killing Rajangs) while he's in the trap, knock him out beat him up more and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom