• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Sigh, got a G-rank Kut-Ku Quest like I wanted, but it has a random chance of dropping in a DevilJho and there are only two areas the monsters move back and forth from, dammit. Oh well, at least Jho helps kill the bird...

darthvargi

Is the whole "cats everywhere" a Japanese thing? I've always wondered why they were such a big deal in MH. Not that I mind them or anything.
Personally I miss the Shakas, but yeah the Palicoes and that one sunny island with nothing but cats is honestly cute. I enjoy making them equipment (I seriously cannot believe how much I actually enjoy it...). I cannot confirm and honestly haven't done much research (and I'm not sure I believe the column I read it in) but I guess owning a cat isn't legal in some parts of Japan (someone please confirm/deny this). I read something about that after a news story described an island full of stray cats a few weeks back.

Frogstep

Hey guys! Have had this game since launch but this is my first post in this thread. :eek:

Anyway, I just now got into High Rank stuff and thought I was cool shit with my Gore set. Turns out I'm not as hot as I thought I was. D:

The second one is what I use 90% of the time. That x+a move is awesome, it's the reason the SaS is my favorite so far.

I didn't even know R+a was a move, I thought x+a was the only button combo that did anything. I've have to check that out the next time I play.
R+X. R+A is just a poke. R+X is so fast and powerful it's silly not to start your combo with it. also it doesn't move you so it's good for attacking a specific area. AND it hits high to reach things above you (tails, flyers, whatever)

Am I right in thinking that the back+a charge move is worthless? You can fit like two or three regular strikes in the time it takes to charge, and it's a lot more likely to miss unless the monster is asleep or stunned.
back+a is great and useful but I never use it. I need to learn it. It's basically a back roll (you can roll fwd/left/right but not back) it has the same evade invincibility, you just back + a, hold back (don't hold a) and you stay where you jumped back and swing up. so It's a backwards roll. also I guess in team fights while you jump back and charge you're not getting knocked over by the long sword/dual sword/insect glaive/everything user

Anura

Sure. I figured the E.Congala/S.Queen quest is the best way to get her stuff. There's only one other quest with her and it involves capturing which doesn't give me the stuff I need.

Is that previous room number correct? Nothing comes up once I search it

So, I need Flying Coin G, and Legend Coin G. I assume I can get both from the G arena dual Diablos quest. The only problem is that I cannot beat it solo. How many people can I bring for this, if I can?

Shiina

Well, damn. Maybe somebody else can host and I'll stay in as long as I don't disconnect? Just so the lobby doesn't blow up when my connection cuts.

XDDX

Doing the Ukanlos urgent to get to G rank if anyone want to join or do theirs after too:

Room ID: 26-8264-4210-2278

Ridley327

>helps someone with Kushala Daora

"Hey, a gem on the first carve!"

>helped someone with their Dalamadur urgent

"Hey, a gem on a carve!"

>does own Dalamadur urgent

"Hey, another gem on a carve!"

>helps person with Ukantor urgent

"Hey, they keep walking into his warpath and triple carting!"

Oh well, they can't all be winners.

la_briola

What level is needed for it to count as G Rank?

I have two Lv 94 Garuga:

Lance/Gunlance
Bow/Bowgun

Lv 108 Kirin, etc. Lance/Gunlance

Lv 98 Gore Magala Bow/Bowgun

via GH: LV76-90: G-rank like monster
I would take them all, except Garuga Bow/Bowgun! :D

Should I open a room? Can share you Teo/Shaggy/O.Kirin!

Hey guys! Have had this game since launch but this is my first post in this thread. :eek:

Anyway, I just now got into High Rank stuff and thought I was cool shit with my Gore set. Turns out I'm not as hot as I thought I was. D:

Gore's great... For Low Rank. :p

Don't be a person who uses it up until G-Rank because of how cool it looks. Those people cart constantly.

Is this your first MH game?

via GH: LV76-90: G-rank like monster
I would take them all, except Garuga Bow/Bowgun! :D

Should I open a room? Can share you Teo/Shaggy/O.Kirin!

In a room right now about to do Shah Dalamadur,

44-9211-3932-0683

There's one spot open, I can give them to you now.

If you want to do Shah with us also, you're more than welcome.

Frogstep

Gore's great... For Low Rank. :p

Don't be a person who uses it up until G-Rank because of how cool it looks. Those people cart constantly.

Is this your first MH game?

Lol, nope. My first was actually MH3U, and I loved that game to death.

It's just a quick reminder once you get to HR and G-Rank how important armor upgrading is. I've got a friend who plays this for cosmetic reasons and I always feel bad for her. :p

bobohoro

So I'm working on my Sentinal Blade, look at the upgrade materials for Noblest of Lieges and see, that it's just way easier to create the following K.Captain's Blade from scratch, rather than go through all the Rajangs and Furios Rajangs that easily wreck me when my play is off. And breaking horns, getting rare carves off 'em.

But I don't want to just sell my Sentinal Blade+ either. Hrghghghgh. Will just soldier on, hope I can find another good group, no way I'm gonna farm the caravaneer's challenge for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom