• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
Farming Akantor with randoms is so painful. I try to explain the defense down status effect and adamant seeds every time, but then they still get stenched and one-shotted. Sigh.

You know those flashing icons next to each hunter's name? You know those weird effects you see around your hunter's body sometimes? Please all take the time to learn about status effects.

Shengar

Lol that Chaos Gore didn't stand a chance. Thanks for the help, Scher, Beats, and Illium.
Farming Akantor with randoms is so painful. I try to explain the defense down status effect and adamant seeds every time, but then they still get stenched and one-shotted. Sigh.

You know those flashing icons next to each hunter's name? You know those weird effects you see around your hunter's body sometimes? Please all take the time to learn about status effects.
Strange, what armor they're been using? When I'm still in HR gear, I get defense down pretty often from Akantor and never once one shotted by it.

ilium

Can someone please tell me how to get online? My son and I got the game tonight and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to show online on the right hand side of the bottom screen. We can see each other's info but we can't join. We are both in the gathering hall. Any help would be great. I am almost wondering if we have to complete x amount of quests first.

You have to choose the gathering Hall via the map on the bottom screen. Then click on Change Online Status.
Then you can create and search for online lobbies.
If you created a lobby you can check the ID for it when you press Start and open the menu. The id is at the bottom of the menu.

w0s

You have to choose the gathering Hall via the map on the bottom screen. Then click on Change Online Status.
Then you can create and search for online lobbies.
If you created a lobby you can check the ID for it when you press Start and open the menu. The id is at the bottom of the menu.
Ty!!!!

ohlawd

how the hell do I only have two Brach Obliterators. I need three and I'm nearing 10 kills now. It's a 59% chance after both arms gah.

Kard8p3

Can anyone join matches online by doing a quick play, or in order to join a match, am I required every time to input a room number and password?

if you want to join a certain person's room you need their Gathering Hall ID. you do NOT need their password if they set it to "exclude friends", and you are friends w/ them on your 3DS. You can just join anyone's gathering hall if its not someone particular.

edit: also you can add people to your friends list through MH4U's gathering halls.

PrankT

Going to do G2 keys, advanced G1 and G2 quests to unlock wyporium trades, or seregios farming in 30 or so minutes. Anyone interested?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hammer bros!

I need some other thoughts on Hammer upgrades. Working on Despot's Crackle, but that only gives me thunder. Any suggestions for other good hammers to have?

ohlawd

an hour later and I still don't have my third obliterator

does anyone wanna help? need G crown to join. it hits hard too so no low def pls

ohlawd

I can help. How low you are talking?

nice man you did your G3 urgent? :D

I don't even know how high it should be lol. well you got G armor and it's been upgraded a couple times. that's good enough for me

I've seen enough carts (me included) on this quest so whatever I think I'm at the point where I don't care even if the rest of GAF cart with me now

nice man you did your G3 urgent? :D

I don't even know how high it should be lol. well you got G armor and it's been upgraded a couple times. that's good enough for me

I've seen enough carts (me included) on this quest so whatever I think I'm at the point where I don't care even if the rest of GAF cart with me now

I want to see how nuclear this monster is lol.

Mupod

I need to rethink how I fight Ukanlos with HBG. Pierce isn't doing the damage I'm expecting, maybe normal 3 on the face would be more effective.

edit: yep. When in doubt, search a monster's name in Japanese + ヘビィボウガン and see what shot type the speed runners are using.

Charge Blade feels really easy to kill things with even if you don't know what you're doing.

I'm getting faster kill times with it versus my kill times with every other weapon just doing random stuff while trying to figure it out.

if you want to join a certain person's room you need their Gathering Hall ID. you do NOT need their password if they set it to "exclude friends", and you are friends w/ them on your 3DS. You can just join anyone's gathering hall if its not someone particular.

edit: also you can add people to your friends list through MH4U's gathering halls.

Welp. Color me fucking stoked. Thanks for the info!!!

ohlawd

Haha Raging Brachydios hits hard. A hit takes more than half of my life with 650 defense.

sometimes I feel like a badass and get real greedy with my attacks then boom I see the cat brigade

I don't really blame people for carting. if RNGesus ain't by your side, it'll fix its eyes on you for an easy death

Highwind

lol I've seen too many people get greedy with Raging Brachydios only to get absolutely destroyed because of it.

It was great. We just laughed it off and kept fighting it. it's one of my favourite things to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom