• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunnies28

I feel bad, all my online hunts today ended in failure. It's really bad getting people who are just riding along to raise rank instead of actually trying to help.

I was just doing random quests and I did farm a few minerals so no harm done I guess.

Lol, nope. My first was actually MH3U, and I loved that game to death.

It's just a quick reminder once you get to HR and G-Rank how important armor upgrading is. I've got a friend who plays this for cosmetic reasons and I always feel bad for her. :p

Eh, I agree, but I will be honest, armour is only important if you get hit. If you recognise Panic Dive set as the best armour and know how to use it, you'll be fine.

Expect to see tonnes more Gore gear before you are finished, though. :c I like it, but too much good food still makes you sick... It dies down in G-rank, but is replaced by another (actually decent) set that's just as irritatingly common.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I feel bad, all my online hunts today ended in failure. It's really bad getting people who are just riding along to raise rank instead of actually trying to help.

I was just doing random quests and I did farm a few minerals so no harm done I guess.
I was doing some random hunts of varying rank last night and a fair amount of people were expecting me to to carry the entire fight just because my HR is over 100. I carted 3 times/abandoned because fuck them.

Ridley327

not being able to limit search to raging Dios is dumb. had to kick a lot of people for not meeting the reqs.

I'd assume that there will be a DLC quest eventually that will guarantee that one, much like what happened with Savage Deviljho in MH3U, who had the same problem.

Beartruck

I was doing some random hunts of varying rank last night and a fair amount of people were expecting me to to carry the entire fight just because my HR is over 100. I carted 3 times/abandoned because fuck them.

How do you even get your HR over 10? I haven't seen anything online explaining how to do that.

ohlawd

I'd assume that there will be a DLC quest eventually that will guarantee that one, much like what happened with Savage Deviljho in MH3U, who had the same problem.

but this one is guaranteed

raging Dios is the one fought in the same place as Akantor. has near instant slime explosions and stuff. slime turns red, freaking huge, etc

Shengar

Eh, I agree, but I will be honest, armour is only important if you get hit. If you recognise Panic Dive set as the best armour and know how to use it, you'll be fine.

Expect to see tonnes more Gore gear before you are finished, though. :c I like it, but too much good food still makes you sick... It dies down in G-rank, but is replaced by another (actually decent) set that's just as irritatingly common.
You mean Regios X set? Can't blame them, it just good all around. Cool looking? Check. Goid skills with negligible negative? Check. Decent defense? Check. Easy to farm? Check.

ohlawd

nice, I actually killed it with randoms

we failed the first time. some dude carted twice then our gunner got one shotted. broke all parts and tail. we probably almost had it

nailed it on our second. carved nothing but normal G Dios parts tho. fuck my luck

jorgejjvr

You can join, but make and upgrade your Regios armor first cause thing hit like a monster truck.

Don't worry. I'll also join too. I will try to make that fight seem much less impossible than it normally is.

After I help someone with their Gogma urgent, that is.

-Alternis

Anjin M

I finally decided that I was ready to try Monster Hunter for the first time today, so I stopped into the local GameStop. I couldn't find it on the shelf so I asked the woman behind the counter. She almost laughed at me. According to her computer, the closest copy was in a store 100 miles away.

So much for instant gratification.

Edzi

So I just played local multiplayer with a buddy of mine for the first time, and noticed that we weren't seeing the same monsters. Basically, the monsters that spawned in his game were invisible to me and vice versa, so it looked like each of us was fighting invisible monsters. Is this normal?

tuffy

So I just played local multiplayer with a buddy of mine for the first time, and noticed that we weren't seeing the same monsters. Basically, the monsters that spawned in his game were invisible to me and vice versa, so it looked like each of us was fighting invisible monsters. Is this normal?
The little monsters don't get synced between players, as I recall.

Though slowly making my way through low high rank atm...

...I can't seem to find anyone to help me:(

There are never HR online Velocidrome quests :(

w0s

Can someone please tell me how to get online? My son and I got the game tonight and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to show online on the right hand side of the bottom screen. We can see each other's info but we can't join. We are both in the gathering hall. Any help would be great. I am almost wondering if we have to complete x amount of quests first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom