• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

lol I've seen too many people get greedy with Raging Brachydios only to get absolutely destroyed because of it.

It was great. We just laughed it off and kept fighting it. it's one of my favourite things to fight.

there was this one dude who stuck with me for all 12 tries. what a fucking trooper. we didn't talk but I swear we had a connection that was all spiritual and shit.

he was also responsible for some of my fails. dude ran Switch Axe with evasion DOWN. looool

I have to say that I'm really loving this game. :)

My favorite weapon classes are:

- Dual Blades
- Charge Blade
- Sword & Shield

That's it for now. XP

Saprol

Askin' again. Should I focus on working towards a different horn instead? :/
Should make the Basarios HH because it's shaped like a guitar.

I haven't used horns much but I also used the Congalala horn for the heal/negate stamina songs and the Shell Castanet which has the same notes as the bagpipe series.

WarAdept

The charged 4th swing of the GS is amazing.

Actually hitting a monster with a charged GS as they lunge at you is so beautiful.

I love you GS.

Shengar

I killed four monsters in one expedition and then 5 monsters in another expedition, and still didn't get any two-monster guild quests. Am I doing something wrong?

According to Gaijin Hunter I should have had a 100% chance of getting a double monster quest on that second expedition..

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/111565058932/monster-hunter-4g-4u-understanding-expeditions

That strange, since everytime I go to expedition to grind caravan point and killed five monsters in the process, I always received two monsters guild quest.

Anyone want to join me and two friends in HR3? We haven't gotten the urgent quest yet, so ideally you'd be around the same as us. Higher ranks is okay, too, but I don't want us to get carried.

The ID is: 65-3909-5351-4336 and the password is 2929

Tenck

Anyone want to join me and two friends in HR3? We haven't gotten the urgent quest yet, so ideally you'd be around the same as us. Higher ranks is okay, too, but I don't want us to get carried.

The ID is: 65-3909-5351-4336 and the password is 2929

I'll carry you dewd.

So is the only way to get G Savage Jo stuff killing it when it shows up in your expeditions. It gives normal jho guild quests for some insane reason.

Shengar

So is the only way to get G Savage Jo stuff killing it when it shows up in your expeditions. It gives normal jho guild quests for some insane reason.

I've seen one in my expedition screen but since it appeared with a Black Diablos, I said screw it and I'll just wait until I have my Grand Mizuha armor :lol

I've seen one in my expedition screen but since it appeared with a Black Diablos, I said screw it and I'll just wait until I have my Grand Mizuha armor :lol

First time I decided to go after one it was on an expedition with Yian Garuga. Jho wasn't around so I fought Garuga for a while then as it was limping Savage Jho shows up and I hit it with a clutch capture. Start fighting Jho and then a couple minutes in it ate Yian Garuga

kDtaLAj.jpg

Fuck Yian Garuga

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Got urgent in caravan to hunt a Shagaru Magala for the first time. AM I ALREADY DEAD ? I'm so scared. Hold me, GAF.

Juraash

Holyyyyy crap Tigerstripe Zamtrios does not mess around. That was probably my longest and closest to failure quest in proper G-Rank. The new subspecies mean business and it is simultaneously terrifying and fun. I'm not looking forward to Tidal Najarala now.

Shengar

First time I decided to go after one it was on an expedition with Yian Garuga. Jho wasn't around so I fought Garuga for a while then as it was limping Savage Jho shows up and I hit it with a clutch capture. Start fighting Jho and then a couple minutes in it ate Yian Garuga

http://i.imgur.com/kDtaLAj.jpg[img]

Fuck Yian Garuga[/QUOTE]

I actually feel sorry for Jho, eating such foul creature.

[quote="Juraash, post: 155615710"]Holyyyyy crap Tigerstripe Zamtrios does not mess around. That was probably my longest and closest to failure quest in proper G-Rank. The new subspecies mean business and it is simultaneously terrifying and fun. I'm not looking forward to Tidal Najarala now.[/QUOTE]

Compared to the crazyness and bounciness of T Zamtrios, T Najarala is just regular Najarala with softer back, harder beak, and water shots.

burgerdog

I was starting to wonder why people hated g rank teo after killing it three times with randoms easily. 90 minutes later all fucking wipes. How so scrubs make it this far?

Garou

I was starting to wonder why people hated g rank teo after killing it three times with randoms easily. 90 minutes later all fucking wipes. How so scrubs make it this far?

Don't blame them, unless you know about the SuperNova-timer you will fail many times because you will keep looking for visual cues. It's a rather atypical mechanic.

Reknoc

Do you guys recommend the early small but bigger monsters to get materials for crafting armor or should I just go on ?

like this monster
MH4-Seltas_Render_001.png

Specifically not that monster as his set requires parts from a later monster, but yea, something like the G.Jaggi armour set is a decent starting point. Eventually get like, the Velociprey/Tetsucabra set and that'll last you for the entirety of low rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom