• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a S. Zinogre gunner set to try the Seregios LBG and I'm liking it so far. Rapid firing Normal LV2 from critical distance feels satisfying.

jorgejjvr

New room

66-2585-3722-4297

Edit: so I'm in caravan 10 and think I did all the g1,2,and 3 professor quests. So now the professor village quest?

Saprol

Just made it to HR 6. Anyone got any armor recommendations for a hunting horn user? I'm getting tired of my Tetsucabra gear.
I'm super lazy and have been in a mostly Nerscylla set the entire time for Capture Guru, swapping out for Nerscylla S parts just for more defense.

There's nothing really specific for a HH user besides Horn Maestro depending on how often you want to play songs. Maybe earplugs because it's annoying to be interrupted during your song or encore. Should target general blademaster stuff like Sharpness +1 or Razor Sharp. So maybe Zinogre S, Seltas S, Garuga S, Rath Soul. Athena's ASS is useful if you're looking to squeeze as many skills as possible into your next armour set.

Chilikar

Hey guys, think you can offer a Monster Hunter noob some tips??

I finished all the initial quests in the first village and did the Expedition, but now I'm a little lost. I'm apparently supposed to take some guild mission but I'm having a lot of trouble.

It seems like that giant dinosaur thing is way too strong for me, it takes out huge chunks of my health and my weapons hardly do any damage to them. Is there anything I can do to take it down more easily? I've tried doing some of the other missions (the guild ones that has the Hr+1 symbol on it) but I've reached the point where I have to take down giant monsters that do the same damage as that dinosaur.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hey guys, think you can offer a Monster Hunter noob some tips??

I finished all the initial quests in the first village and did the Expedition, but now I'm a little lost. I'm apparently supposed to take some guild mission but I'm having a lot of trouble.

It seems like that giant dinosaur thing is way too strong for me, it takes out huge chunks of my health and my weapons hardly do any damage to them. Is there anything I can do to take it down more easily? I've tried doing some of the other missions (the guild ones that has the Hr+1 symbol on it) but I've reached the point where I have to take down giant monsters that do the same damage as that dinosaur.
The guild quests are not suited for solo play, doable, but no suitable. I don't think you're ever forced to do guild quests though... check around town and see if you're missing something.

Chilikar

The guild quests are not suited for solo play, doable, but no suitable. I don't think you're ever forced to do guild quests though... check around town and see if you're missing something.

Wow thanks a lot! I knew something was weird since the difficulty suddenly spiked and upgrading + forging new armor wasn't doing anything to help me. Turns out I was supposed to go to the next town :)

Haven't felt like this in a couple weeks, but yep, not sleeping tonight. Hunting for the next 8 hours and strolling into my Japanese written midterm like a badass.

JimPanzer

do I have to break fatalis' eye to get fatalis devileye+ or is there a chance to get it randomly through the quest rewards?

what's the best way to break his eye anyway?

do I have to break fatalis' eye to get fatalis devileye+ or is there a chance to get it randomly through the quest rewards?

what's the best way to break his eye anyway?

I usually get one in rewards. If someone mounts it hit the head when it goes down. I don't think its particularly durable.

jorgejjvr

Sorry guys I was half asleep during that one AND got disconnected. Luckily enough I got the rewards still, that was a close one. And the cap took awhile xD

GGs everyone thanks for all, those were all fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom