• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

So...

I never realized that breaking a Tigrex's claws makes it slip when it does it charge spams. I feel dumb.

I also didn't realize my battery was dying so my 1:50 h/m Tigrex G-Rank expedition farm resulted in nothing.

Also I need to stop trying to solo my way up the HR. Its turning into a nightmare.

Oh and quick question: Is there anyway to avoid the Rathalos/A.Rathalos superspeed toxin -> fire breathe -> dead combo?

So...

I never realized that breaking a Tigrex's claws makes it slip when it does it charge spams. I feel dumb.

I also didn't realize my battery was dying so my 1:50 h/m Tigrex G-Rank expedition farm resulted in nothing.

Also I need to stop trying to solo my way up the HR. Its turning into a nightmare.

That's my one complaint about playing MH on 3DS. On psp, if your battery died mid-quest, you could resume after you plugged in. Here, everything's just gone.

Vena

That's my one complaint about playing MH on 3DS. On psp, if your battery died mid-quest, you could resume after you plugged in. Here, everything's just gone.

Well it was my own fault for ignoring the blaring red light and I could have stopped at any time as it was an expedition, lol.

No it is alright
I have 600 which is not much more

What is this armor stuff you speak of? I am still running around in my Zamtrios armor from the start of the game.

Vena

Superman dive
This is why I always sheath my weapon when Los went airborne unless I'm using Lance or SnS.

I've had him do it twice back to back if he misses the first superspeed dive, and I'll still be in my animation, lol. I'm trying to find out if there's some magic way to break that combo because it can turn a "he's limping, time to trap this loser!" to a "Returning to base camp, scrub."

No it is alright
I have 600 which is not much more

Well it was my own fault for ignoring the blaring red light and I could have stopped at any time as it was an expedition, lol.

What is this armor stuff you speak of? I am still running around in my Zamtrios armor from the start of the game.

Honestly I feel fine with my 566 def but I've been kicked from G rank rooms for not "having enough". I mean, I get it, shit hits hard, but give me a freaking chance.

Vena

Honestly I feel fine with my 566 def but I've been kicked from G rank rooms for not "having enough". I mean, I get it, shit hits hard, but give me a freaking chance.

At G-Rank I find it hardly matters how much armor I have as if I get hit I will get comboed and I will get dead (see: Rathalos above), I will only upgrade once I've grinded out enough Tiger Zamtrios pieces for that armor but I must always look bad-ass, and nothing is more bad-ass than start level Zamtrios dyed black and red!

Like G-Rank Tigrex enraged -> armor useless. So, at that point, what the fuck is the point? I might as well be more ready to avoid his attacks and stun him regularly with my Blackguard+++++++++.

Shengar

I wear 625 defense Regios X set and I'm fainted more than you did in our hunt lol
Damn, I should stop being trigger happy with my combo >__>

I wear 625 defense Regios X set and I'm fainted more than you did in our hunt lol
Damn, I should stop being trigger happy with my combo >__>

It's okay Shengar. I still love you.
Sorry I didn't lifepowder or dust of life. I had both. Sometimes I just don't notice until too late.

At G-Rank I find it hardly matters how much armor I have as if I get hit I will get comboed and I will get dead (see: Rathalos above), I will only upgrade once I've grinded out enough Tiger Zamtrios pieces for that armor but I must always look bad-ass, and nothing is more bad-ass than start level Zamtrios dyed black and red!

Like G-Rank Tigrex enraged -> armor useless. So, at that point, what the fuck is the point? I might as well be more ready to avoid his attacks and stun him regularly with my Blackguard+++++++++.

I'm wearing high rank armor. The Hyuga set. I love the aesthetic and I like my skills, which is why I haven't felt any real pressure to upgrade.

zlCfzTD_WQwjs9QAfb

ohlawd

man, I didn't know the gong lady can do that

christ, all this time in all these games I thought her job was supposed to stand there looking pretty

edit: fucking double post argh

Juraash

Working on my urgent to get into G2. First... 10 minutes or so go ok, lots of damage seems to be getting applied to him. Next like...2 minutes involves me fuckong up, getting hit by the bleed and then having him knock my ass back and dying from moving. May not survive this one...

Rurunaki

Guys I need help/opinion.

So I've been using Charge Blade since the start and already have my Gore Charge Blade. However, I want to try using Greatswords because of the similarity with Axe Mode for Charge Blade. Any suggestions on what Greatsword I should create? I have up to Gore Magala parts.

PrankT

Working on my urgent to get into G2. First... 10 minutes or so go ok, lots of damage seems to be getting applied to him. Next like...2 minutes involves me fuckong up, getting hit by the bleed and then having him knock my ass back and dying from moving. May not survive this one...
If you help me beat queen deltas real quick we can both do g2 urgent.

Nm, thought you meant urgent for g2. I can help your urgent, what's the room?

So I've been using Charge Blade since the start and already have my Gore Charge Blade. However, I want to try using Greatswords because of the similarity with Axe Mode for Charge Blade. Any suggestions on what Greatsword I should create? I have up to Gore Magala parts.

For greatsword, you want whatever the highest raw damage one available is. Raw, then sharpness, is what you're looking for in greatswords.

Don't care about element or status at all. You're not going to be hitting a lot, but when you do hit, it's going to be like a small airplane crashing into the monster. That's what a greatsword does.

Rurunaki

For greatsword, you want whatever the highest raw damage one available is. Raw, then sharpness, is what you're looking for in greatswords.

Don't care about element or status at all. You're not going to be hitting a lot, but when you do hit, it's going to be like a small airplane crashing into the monster. That's what a greatsword does.

So, pure metal/bone upgrades?

What about longswords? Do they have the same general principle?

Juraash

If you help me beat queen deltas real quick we can both do g2 urgent.

Nm, thought you meant urgent for g2. I can help your urgent, what's the room?

Appreciate the offer, but I had one cart left after that post, went back out there and ended him about 2 minutes later. G2 proper now.

I have fire drill left and then the G2 urgent. Finished the Rathalos X armor and took up the DEF really high. Can anyone join me tomorrow to do these 2 quests?

I'm trying to progress to the arena to get that charmer head band

So, pure metal/bone upgrades?

Honestly, I don't know about specific weapons at whatever rank you're at. I would suggest looking at greatsword weapon trees at: http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u

What about longswords? Do they have the same general principle?

No, longswords hit quickly, so element and status effects are actually well suited to them. For longswords, you'll want to craft as many as you can of different elements so you can always bring what a monster is weak to. If you don't have one a monster is weak to, then bring a poison or paralysis longsword.

Rurunaki

Honestly, I don't know about specific weapons at whatever rank you're at. I would suggest looking at greatsword weapon trees at: http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u

No, longswords hit quickly, so element and status effects are actually well suited to them. For longswords, you'll want to craft as many as you can of different elements so you can always bring what a monster is weak to. If you don't have one a monster is weak to, then bring a poison or paralysis longsword.

Thank you thank you :)

Overside

Banned

I think youve mistaken switch axe for greatsword.

Aside from the super moves, the other few axe mode moves of the charge blade are taken directly from the switch axe in axe mode.

Well, Unless you are referring to the time it takes to land big attacks. Level 3 GS charge, super charged CB whirlwind overhead smash, and the Switch axes discharge explosion all need pretty similar openings, although the Axes explosion and greatsword swing can be triggered early, t pretty much any time for less damage.

For greatsword, pick the sword you can make with the highest raw damage. I find little point in element GS, as elements do the same amount of damage regaurdless of what damage the move does, and so benefit more from rapidly landing moves than heavy blows, and the GS aint got cares for none of that sissy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom