• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

God Garuga is so broken, burnt through half my potions in a G-Rank Expo because almost all of his moves give his entire body a freaking hitbox.

Ridley327

The burrowing routine can still catch you off-guard, since its hitbox appears so big (it really isn't) and makes everyone panic in the beginning. And enraged it can get pretty fast and jumpy, which is why I usually just stand there and block it, for safety reasons. Still can't GP it reliably because the attack just looks weird and messes with my perception.

The funny thing is that I really did all my training against it during his rage mode. I can even time it to avoid the snow boulders he digs up, although if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather get snowed on than take the hit and have to deal with healing and then using a Nulberry.

How!? HOOOOOOW!? My friends are already making fun of me for how much time I spend playing it and I bought it at launch!

Do you guys who have 100+ already get hand cramps?

I'm just past 100hrs. My left pinky finger kept cramping up when I played, so I cut it off. Thought I could craft something from it but I just made a mess. I don't have The Man's skills.

Tom_Cody

I'm continuing to farm Gore as I wait to finally get a plate from him. One plate is all I need from him in order to complete his armor. 6 victories and no plate yet. I just realized that it is a carve drop, so I guess I need to stop showing mercy (trapping).

Mupod

The burrowing routine can still catch you off-guard, since its hitbox appears so big (it really isn't) and makes everyone panic in the beginning. And enraged it can get pretty fast and jumpy, which is why I usually just stand there and block it, for safety reasons. Still can't GP it reliably because the attack just looks weird and messes with my perception.

in FU that attack was a one-shot. My solution was, uh, farcasters. Never did figure out how to avoid it the normal way, or if I did I forgot. So when he used it on me in 4U it was like someone just asked me to help them with their long division homework and I froze like a deer in headlights. Fortunately it doesn't kill you even in gunner armor, at least the high rank one.

Does anyone else see a great deal more ghosting in this game than with their old 3DS? Pretty much any light color in front of a dark color will produce three images no matter how I hold my 3DS.

P.S. I'm curious, what HR did people jump up to when they finished the first HR7 urgent?

Does anyone else see a great deal more ghosting in this game than with their old 3DS? Pretty much any light color in front of a dark color will produce three images no matter how I hold my 3DS.

P.S. I'm curious, what HR did people jump up to when they finished the first HR7 urgent?

No, on the contrary. I almost have zero ghosting with the new 3DS 3D while I noticed it a lot with my old one. Maybe it isn't callibrated correctly?

tuffy

I jumped to HR51. I still felt like I was rushing to G rank too fast because of all the high rank stuff I have yet to accomplish, particularly in the Caravan side.

Gotta make sure all the quests are checked-off...

I jumped to HR51. I still felt like I was rushing to G rank too fast because of all the high rank stuff I have yet to accomplish, particularly in the Caravan side.

Gotta make sure all the quests are checked-off...

I know how you feel. I didn't realize how important some requested quests were on the Low Rank side until I was WELL into High Rank. Who knew that the cat that was afraid of everything was so important?

Mupod

51, mostly due to clearing out the majority of caravan.

PrankT

I was 29.

Wanderer5

Finished up the Auroros armor. Pretty good stats with that set I must say, with +10 in fencing, destroyer, and protection.

Also: "If we're not careful, he might even... ick. He might TELL HER HOW HE FEELS!"

Sheesh someone needs to be loved.:p

Valus

68 if I recall. I had gold checks on caravan 1-9* quests and a silver check on 10*. For online, I had gold checks on 1-6* quests. I would have had a gold check on 7* too, but I was starting to get burned out soloing all of them and whenever I ask if anyone wants to do non-key quests, no one responds.

Gotta go fast, I guess.

cheesekao

Sorry for the blog but I just experienced sleep paralysis for the first time and I'm bloody mortified right now. Playing MH4U to keep my minds off things.

Okay, I have the level 2s of every wystone now. What quest do I need to do to be able to equip two?

I seem to find conflicting info. Is it possible to get king frill off of jaggi without trapping him?

Yeah. 65% chance to get King's Frill if you break the frill. If you don't break it, capture or kill, 0% chance.

I was HR35 when I hit G rank. Didn't realize that was low! I've really slowed down in the single player, though.

I almost sharted when I saw that I went straight to 48. Seemed crazy high. I did help with a lot of urgents for randoms at one point which is probably why it's so high AND why I'm not hurting for cash.

w00zey

Okay, I have the level 2s of every wystone now. What quest do I need to do to be able to equip two?

Yeah. 65% chance to get King's Frill if you break the frill. If you don't break it, capture or kill, 0% chance.

I wish I didn't have so many dumb questions and I really do try to research as much as possible. I'll keep trying to just hit the head :) TY.

burgerdog

Do the Frenzy Research Quests by the professor, there should be 1 in g1, 2 in g2, and 1 in g3.

Juraash

So I built myself a few charms to negate bleeding and make my Seregios farming a bit easier. And holy shit, that takes all his bite away. He is super not dangerous when you aren't worried about that. He felt like starter high rank status after that. At least farming him should be pretty painless.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I was trying to get the Dios Strongarm, so I started farming HR Brachydios and after like 8 tries it wasn't even appearing as a craftable item. Checked Kiranico and found out it was a LR drop craftable. Fortunately, after creating it and checking it out, I was able to immediately upgrade it to the ridiculous version. It's pretty awesome.

Chairhome

I thought there was some kind of notification that popped up when you break a part on a monster? I hadn't seen anything pop up, but i've broken heads on a few monsters. Maybe it was just for that intro quest.

Anyway, this game finally has its hooks in me. Finally beat that tetsucabra and now I'm grinding for some armor.

R0ckman

I thought there was some kind of notification that popped up when you break a part on a monster? I hadn't seen anything pop up, but i've broken heads on a few monsters. Maybe it was just for that intro quest.

Anyway, this game finally has its hooks in me. Finally beat that tetsucabra and now I'm grinding for some armor.

Sometimes the subquest is breaking a part of the monster, that's why a message pops up.

I finally have it. So. Much. Thunder attack.

zlCfzTG4sww1il8XBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom