• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Thanks for the help guys, good to know that I can't miss anything. Also I went with male and doing the training 1 star quests now (so many x_x).

Currently not liking the lance very much, but I think I need to get a hang of aiming my lunges (is there a lock-on in this game? In the intro it said I can L to lock-on but now it opens my inventory o.o) but the dash attack is quite fun!

The 1 star training quests are optional but a VERY good way to find out what weapon is for you.

You can sort of lock on to large monsters, hit the icon of the monster on the bottom screen then tapping L will snap the camera to it. Otherwise tapping L just centers the camera behind your character by default.

Remember to just tap it, holding it down is what lets you adjust your active inventory item/ammo.

cerulily

Yeah

This game has the easiest offline campaing of any game in the series... or more like the monsters health is significantly lower. They still hit pretty hard but they go down really fast too.

Dont worry it jumps up at High rank and G Rank

Is there offline G-rank now?

Parshias7

How the hell do you even complete the new one?

Like the distance seems impossible to cover even at max health and stamina

Any way to mitigate the burn damage?

You can pretty easily make it. I had one nightmare online experience where I ended up transporting all four powderstones even though we started with a full room, and I ended up with about 20-25% health remaining out of the max health when I delivered each stone.

XaosWolf

I hate when a subquest is entirely based on lucky drop rate. Queen Substance does not exist as far as I'm concerned.

Also somehow carted by immediate loss of 20 health whilst I just started using an antidote.
No idea how or why that happened as there was nothing near me and the poison was ticking my health down normally. =/

I swear Monster Hunter has a "FU Mode" that can activate sometimes, making your aggro 1000% until you cart. Rathalos has the highest chance of activating this mode.

I'm gonna take a break from online until the people still around aren't awful

Trying to get some Zenith Wyvern gems so I can do some honing and every room I join no one has Drive let alone two wystones. This Apex shit is wack in general.

Shengar

Trying to get some Zenith Wyvern gems so I can do some honing and every room I join no one has Drive let alone two wystones. This Apex shit is wack in general.

This is what happened when people get carried refuse to read quest description and what NPC dialogue, smh

I just got Drive last night, so of course I fought my first Apex Monster.
Holy cow - rapid firing a bowgun against Apex monsters when you don't have Drive up? Nope nope nope nope nope nope. That stuff bounces right off back into your face and stunlocks the crap outta you.
Also, that Apex Seregios dropped a Zenith Wyvern Gem in the bonus quest reward screen. I had never seen that before and it's not listed in Kiranico as a quest reward... sooo... woo!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I remember nobody having Wystones, myself included and Aprx Seregios would bounce everything. This would go on forever, but the second it wore off, it got decimated.

Full of questions today.

Does anyone know which expedition is supposed to give the Kirin Guild Quest? Is it just random?
Also, can you get a GQ by playing it with a friend that already has it?

Tom_Cody

Question:

What of the DLC content is suitable for low rank? I'm up through the Gore Fight. I haven't touched any of it yet, and I'm curious what I should be able to play at this point and where to access it in-game (it is already downloaded).

Question:

What DLC content is suitable for low rank? I'm up through the Gore Fight. I haven't touched any of it yet, and I'm curious what I should be able to play at this point and where to access it in-game (it is already downloaded).

Its already separated for you in the Gathering hall by rank. Just talk to the Low Rank Questarix and it will only show the Low rank Event quests in the menu

Tom_Cody

Its already separated for you in the Gathering hall by rank. Just talk to the Low Rank Questarix and it will only show the Low rank Event quests in the menu
Should I be able to do all of it based on my LR progress? Or am I over thinking things?

Also, since you say it is in the gathering hall, is it balanced for single player or is it meant to be played online?

Should I be able to do all of it based on my LR progress? Or am I over thinking things?

Also, since you say it is in the gathering hall, is it balanced for single player or is it meant to be played online?

Online quests are totally doable. You have your cats dont ya?

The monsters just have more health but other than that they hit the same.

Iryx

Full of questions today.

Does anyone know which expedition is supposed to give the Kirin Guild Quest? Is it just random?
Also, can you get a GQ by playing it with a friend that already has it?

You have a chance to get a guild quest with Kirin if you kill one or more of the monsters that can give it. For low rank that's Seltas Q, Khezu, Gravios, Rathalos, Gore and Garuga. High rank is Yian Kut-Ku, Blue Kut-Ku, Purple Gypceros, Tetsucabra, Nerscylla and Khezu. For G-rank it's Najarala, Red Khezu, Basarios, Pink Rathian, Gypceros, P.Gypceros, Congalala, E.Congalala and Deviljho.

You can share a guild quest that you've registered with anyone in your group and they'll get a copy of it at the original level you got it at.

Alric

Lol, I just saw the coolest little thing ever. I was fishing for Silverfish when I noticed this little round ball on the ground coming towards me. After I finished with that cast I walked over and it was a little dung beetle pushing a piece of poo around. Just perfect.

You have a chance to get a guild quest with Kirin if you kill one or more of the monsters that can give it. For low rank that's Seltas Q, Khezu, Gravios, Rathalos, Gore and Garuga. High rank is Yian Kut-Ku, Blue Kut-Ku, Purple Gypceros, Tetsucabra, Nerscylla and Khezu. For G-rank it's Najarala, Red Khezu, Basarios, Pink Rathian, Gypceros, P.Gypceros, Congalala, E.Congalala and Deviljho.

You can share a guild quest that you've registered with anyone in your group and they'll get a copy of it at the original level you got it at.

How do you share the quests, though? Is just by playing it with them, or is there some other way?
I say this because I did a Kirin GQ with another online dude for like 1.5hrs last night, and it never showed up for me.

Pila

Killed caravan Sergio during my lunch break today.

It was such a funny fight! I love how it moves and it's awesome to see, very good; I almost carted one time, I can see it being The Shit in G.

Killed caravan Sergio during my lunch break today.

It was such a funny fight! I love how it moves and it's awesome to see, very good; I almost carted one time, I can see it being The Shit in G.

He's a pretty fun fight!! In a game full of Wyverns that mostly do the same thing, his erratic nature is kind of a breath of fresh air.
His bleed missiles are not cool, though XD. Don't like them.

Pila

He's a pretty fun fight!! In a game full of Wyverns that mostly do the same thing, his erratic nature is kind of a breath of fresh air.
His bleed missiles are not cool, though XD. Don't like them.

I try to avoid spoilers about MH (I'm buying the game anyway, no need to read stuff lol) so I wasn't aware of those things, it was hilarious. ^^

Ridley327

In my attempt to help randoms with Ukanlos so that they can, in turn, help me finish off mine, I couldn't help but notice how many people run away from him during his burrowing routine. The weird part is they can watch me play and avoid that the right way (play chicken and veer to the right or left on the smooth part of the ice), and they still do it the wrong way. Also, I can count on one hand the number of people that bother to bring cleansers to that fight.

Boy, I really want to get Ukanlos out of the way today.

XaosWolf

Why can't I hone the master's blade?

It wouldn't work. None of the monsters are what we'd generally called "Evil" so it can't be the bane of them.

And even if you could it would likely need the three goddess' blessings and/or the Triforce of courage as mats.

tuffy

In my attempt to help randoms with Ukanlos so that they can, in turn, help me finish off mine, I couldn't help but notice how many people run away from him during his burrowing routine. The weird part is they can watch me play and avoid that the right way (play chicken and veer to the right or left on the smooth part of the ice), and they still do it the wrong way. Also, I can count on one hand the number of people that bother to bring cleansers to that fight.

It's a long enough fight that I quickly figured out that he burrowing routine tends to home in on somebody. And if that somebody is me, it's best to keep circling around him to the left or right so that when he finally comes up again I can unsheathe and resume shooting him in the back. I'm also really grateful that somebody mentioned bringing cleansers beforehand since they're not something I keep in my standard item set.

With any luck I can be online this evening to help out if need be.

JimPanzer

ye...I tried to get some gems for honing as well earlier today. Wasn't much fun. People not using traps with rajang, no lifepowder/dust, attacking while mounting etc.

R0ckman

It wouldn't work. None of the monsters are what we'd generally called "Evil" so it can't be the bane of them.

And even if you could it would likely need the three goddess' blessings and/or the Triforce of courage as mats.

You're confusing the Master's Blade with the Master Sword. I'm talking about the sword you get from the felyne island after recruiting the cowardly felyne. You can upgrade it once but you can't hone it.

Ridley327

That feel when beat Shagaru Magala and right after you get set to fight daimyo hemitaur.

Those big meaty claws of his hurt like hell.

His strafing water jet always manages to go on a little bit longer than I have the stamina. I don't know why I can Superman through Dalamadur's super laser but I instantly panic when that stupid crab does that.

I always repay the favor by ensuring his Monoblos shell is busted before killing him, so there's that.

i am. It seems each time I play with you I suck big time...
I ended up capturing this Tigrex though.

Yeah I noticed you were still going at it when I re-joined the room after the DC (I did not fancy solo-ing him). Connection problems are really annoying me with this game, I shouldn't go on 2 man hunts because when I DC people are left to fight solo. Well done for finishing him though!

bobohoro

The burrowing routine can still catch you off-guard, since its hitbox appears so big (it really isn't) and makes everyone panic in the beginning. And enraged it can get pretty fast and jumpy, which is why I usually just stand there and block it, for safety reasons. Still can't GP it reliably because the attack just looks weird and messes with my perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom