• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I was trying to get the Dios Strongarm, so I started farming HR Brachydios and after like 8 tries it wasn't even appearing as a craftable item. Checked Kiranico and found out it was a LR drop craftable. Fortunately, after creating it and checking it out, I was able to immediately upgrade it to the ridiculous version. It's pretty awesome.
Demolition Charge Blade is the new name of the weapon.

Mupod

How many hours have you guys logged so far? I just hit 60 hours tonight!

around 120, I think. I rarely turn the game off so I don't really see the number that often.

I hit G1 last weekend but haven't played much since then due to WoW raiding and shit going down at work. And what I did play, I either worked on getting gold checkmarks in Caravan or helping gaffers rank up. Most of my G key quests are done and I have decent enough armor to get me to G2, so I'll do that tonight. No rush, although I will be temporarily dropping MH4U when bloodborne comes out.

The nice thing about MH is that the games are so ingrained in my muscle memory that it's easy to pick up and play even after a long absence, but I'd like to be able to hunt anything I want when I come back. Since it's likely that I'll end up at a TO-GAF meetup at some point and everyone will want to fight something hard.

Finished 9* quests on lunch and
ran through the credits. I finally understand why it didn't matter which weapon I used for Kusha. The credits were fun to watch - particularly when the meownster hunters went and pwned all the large monsters.

I made a set for the Seregios great sword. Pretty cool so far. Just need to hone it.

Without the need for Sharpness +1 I've got HG Earplugs along with the usual suspects (Crit Draw, Focus, Quick Sheathe). Not sure I should go for tremor res instead of sheathe. I've already got it my other gs set.

The only bad part is that the set matches really well but that's because it's made mostly of Garuga parts ;_;

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm taking my sweet time completing everything as I go so I'm not even G rank yet.

Currently HR 7 although I haven't touched a single quest in that rank yet of course I have every single quest in HR 1- HR 6 completed.

I have done everything in Caravan 1- Caravan 8 (with the exception of some Caravan 6 Quests that I haven't unlocked yet) and I currently on Caravan 9 about to do Advanced: Glacier's Bane Quest.

Here are my actual stats:

http://imgur.com/u4bC2oH

How much have you guys done?

Unicorn

Tried the three virtues event quest because my level 31 Kirin is apparently g rank instead of high. Fuck that event quest. Tried with a group for 2 hours. Says hr4 but that is a damn lie. Room full of HR7's couldn't beat it.

Dat Rajang

I'm taking my sweet time completing everything as I go so I'm not even G rank yet.

Currently HR 7 although I haven't touched a single quest in that rank yet of course I have every single quest in HR 1- HR 6 completed.

I have done everything in Caravan 1- Caravan 8 (with the exception of some Caravan 6 Quests that I haven't unlocked yet) and I currently on Caravan 9 about to do Advanced: Glacier's Bane Quest.

It'd be a pain to screenshot all of those screens so I'll just type:

Time: 187:42
Unity: 164
Caravan (low): 82
Caravan (high): 28
G. Hall (low): 133
G. Hall (high: 117
G-rank: 50
Guild Quests: 7
Arena: 0

Tried the three virtues event quest because my level 31 Kirin is apparently g rank instead of high. Fuck that event quest. Tried with a group for 2 hours. Says hr4 but that is a damn lie. Room full of HR7's couldn't beat it.

Dat Rajang

Ha.
The other night, I tried with a few randoms. I'm HR6 and we had a HR4 and HR5. We actually didn't do too badly... and then Rajang. We all three carted withing a minute of him spawning XD

thefil

I made a set for the Seregios great sword. Pretty cool so far. Just need to hone it.

Without the need for Sharpness +1 I've got HG Earplugs along with the usual suspects (Crit Draw, Focus, Quick Sheathe). Not sure I should go for tremor res instead of sheathe. I've already got it my other gs set.

The only bad part is that the set matches really well but that's because it's made mostly of Garuga parts ;_;

What's the set? Sounds dreamy.

Faiz

How many hours have you guys logged so far? I just hit 60 hours tonight!

126. I'm in Caravan 10... guild 4 lol.

Spent a couple hours today doing nothing but farming Stygian Zinogre for an umbrage and still empty handed. Wondering how many Carapace I will have by the time this is over (somewhere around 100 I'm guessing).

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
It'd be a pain to screenshot all of those screens so I'll just type:

Time: 187:42
Unity: 164
Caravan (low): 82
Caravan (high): 28
G. Hall (low): 133
G. Hall (high: 117
G-rank: 50
Guild Quests: 7
Whoa that unity is rather high...and looking at your Caravan count I would say your either not finish with it or you simply rushed through the Key Quests but otherwise nice job so far!

Beats

Caravan (Low): 132
Caravan (High): 98
G.Hall (Low): 53
G.Hall (High): 142
G-Rank: 200
Guild Quests: 52

Unity: 238

ilium

Anyone wants to do G1-3 hunts?

I was just about to post. I also need Yian Garuga stuff...

stuffl9jc7.jpg

~200h

126. I'm in Caravan 10... guild 4 lol.

Spent a couple hours today doing nothing but farming Stygian Zinogre for an umbrage and still empty handed. Wondering how many Carapace I will have by the time this is over (somewhere around 100 I'm guessing).

Hey, those things sell for $2,500. Make some bank on those.

Ridley327

Dat Rajang

I haven't beaten it yet with any randoms, but I feel like that their biggest problem is item management against Kirin, so they don't have anything for Rajang when he's finally out. It's weird, since the arena doesn't play to Rajang's strengths at all, so you think that people would take advantage of that.

Dat Rajang

I wouldn't mind trying that quest at least once.

Prisoner

Dalamadur farming:

42-0521-0180-8350

Any and all welcome!

Edit: the quest isn't showing up for me, so I need someone else to pick it.

Edit: removed the passcode.

Prototype

Dat Rajang
I soloed it pretty easily. Rajang is a pain as always, but nothing too crazy. Then again, I did have G Rank gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom