• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugoo18

Gotta say i love fighting Seregios and Apex Seregios, such fun and exciting fights. On the flipside i really dislike Chameleos ugh, such an annoying monster. That thieving tongue can die in a fire.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Gotta say i love fighting Seregios and Apex Seregios, such fun and exciting fights. On the flipside i really dislike Chameleos ugh, such an annoying monster. That thieving tongue can die in a fire.
It's an elder dragon that is really easy though. :(

DooD1234

Grr, I hate hard shell monsters like Gravios and Basarios. Diablo could be part of the list too. I hate how basically all their body part beside their feet weapon attacks basically just bounce off their bodies. Battles also take forever to boot.

Besides having incredibly high sharpness and mind eye skill any other way around their stupid rock hard bodies?

Lynx_7

So I heard the Tetsucabra set is supposed to be pretty good and able to get you through most of the game if you keep upgrading it. Just to be sure, should I be forging the pieces with 16 defense or the ones with 8?
I also heard the Velociprey set is a good, offense-oriented alternative. As a Greatsword user, which one should I pick?
Also, should I forge a Santoku Reaver or just upgrade my Rugged Great Sword to a Chieftain/Ludroth Sword?

Also, when do I get access to talismans and stuff? I keep hearing about it.
Sorry for so many questions. lol

Do you guys think it's worth making EX Rathian armor? I mean it does have handicraft and a good number of slots but I'm still trying to justify it to myself.

Unicorn

So I heard the Tetsucabra set is supposed to be pretty good and able to get you through most of the game if you keep upgrading it. Just to be sure, should I be forging the pieces with 16 defense or the ones with 8?
I also heard the Velociprey set is a good, offense-oriented alternative. As a Greatsword user, which one should I pick?
Also, should I forge a Santoku Reaver or just upgrade my Rugged Great Sword to a Chieftain/Ludroth Sword?

Also, when do I get access to talismans and stuff? I keep hearing about it.
Sorry for so many questions. lol
The 8 defense one is for gunner set. The other is for blade master

Bulbasaur

Banned
The was an official nintendo monster hunter meet up in Sydney today, I met some really cool people that helped me from rank 1 to 3.

I think its safe to say monhun now has a nice imprint in the west, I look forward to whats next and It will be interesting to see what happens when Nintendo's deal runs its course.

PKrockin

So, that message about a secret area appearing in a guild quest upon next departure. Do I have to do the same guild quest a second time in a row to get it? Or can I do other quests and come back to it later and I'll still get it?

Grr, I hate hard shell monsters like Gravios and Basarios. Diablo could be part of the list too. I hate how basically all their body part beside their feet weapon attacks basically just bounce off their bodies. Battles also take forever to boot.

Besides having incredibly high sharpness and mind eye skill any other way around their stupid rock hard bodies?
For Gravios and Basarios, you might want to consider bringing Launch Palicos if you have them. Mounting them a few times breaks their chest, and they might camp somewhere you can't mount them. Unless you play gunlance and just shell them, bowgun with pierce rounds, or lance/glaive with their built in jump attacks. Barrel bombs also might help you since they also ignore armor and do set damage to whatever part of the monster they hit.

PrankT

Seems like a slow night but if anyone wants to help me with gog g3 urgent 43-2289-2304-6237.

Nevermind, he's a boring fight and I don't feel like playing him again. Hate how they do urgents.

One of the things I don't like is that online when doing urgents only the person who posted the urgent gets to complete it. Lots of people post their urgents, complete them, then quit. I make a lobby to do my urgent as well, but I usually stick around to finish other peoples urgents as well :(

Hopefully I'll have enough time to finish my Testsucabra S armor today.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
One of the things I don't like is that online when doing urgents only the person who posted the urgent gets to complete it. Lots of people post their urgents, complete them, then quit. I make a lobby to do my urgent as well, but I usually stick around to finish other peoples urgents as well :(

Hopefully I'll have enough time to finish my Testsucabra S armor today.
Can I help?

Hoooooly fucking shit. On a whim, I decided to try out Fade to Black (The HR7 Fatalis) solo. I was just curious what old Fatty is like now, since I haven't fought him since MHFU.

...I managed the kill. Holy fucking shit. I'm so happy right now. Didn't expect to get the kill. Figured I'd get the repel at best.

Shengar

Hoooooly fucking shit. On a whim, I decided to try out Fade to Black (The HR7 Fatalis) solo. I was just curious what old Fatty is like now, since I haven't fought him since MHFU.

...I managed the kill. Holy fucking shit. I'm so happy right now. Didn't expect to get the kill. Figured I'd get the repel at best.
How long it would take?

How long it would take?

It took 30 minutes, but it was about 10 minutes before I got comfortable with it. Also, my cats were actually a pain in the ass. I need Fatalis focused on me 100% for my strategy to work.

I'm about to try again. No cats this time, and might pills with me. I'll screenshot my final time.

VandalD

They really need to change the way urgents work in 5. Nobody wants to stick around for the mega annoying monsters.
You needing help with an urgent? I agree, in either case. Does anyone really enjoy doing Mohran four times in a row?

Just got Caravaneer's Challenge. Ow.

Shengar

It took 30 minutes, but it was about 10 minutes before I got comfortable with it. Also, my cats were actually a pain in the ass. I need Fatalis focused on me 100% for my strategy to work.

I'm about to try again. No cats this time, and might pills with me. I'll screenshot my final time.
30 minutes :/
That's kinda long but it is Guild Hall mission I suppose?

yami4ct

Wow Cavaneer's Challenge is no joke, but I finally beat it. Hooray for rainbow armor ^_^

Totally. Tried to do it quite a few times with my Azure Rath HR armor, but kept getting screwed by Gold Rajang. Rajang in general seems to by my krytonite, but damn Gold Rajang just murdered me. Seemed doable if I was just better, but I'll just tackle it with some G-Rank stuff later.

Finally got Wystones! Can't believe they introduced a new mechanic 100 hours in. So much depth to this game. Was surprised to see a Deviljho in Caravan. He went down easy, so I doubt he was as tough as the HR guys I was fighting, but still a really scary and fun fight.

30 minutes :/
That's kinda long but it is Guild Hall mission I suppose?

zlCfzTHDE_MP9v5QRL

21 minutes and 20 seconds this time.

This is a fun solo, but the problem is I can't consistently hit his head, and I need horns and an eye. So even though this is fun, it's not very productive.

Edit: My bad, the timer actually started at 35 minutes, not 30. So the first time was 33-ish minutes, and this one is 26 minutes and 20 seconds.

Bear

I know the answer is probably no but it's worth a shot.

I started a save on someone else's cart and I plan on buying my own soon. Is there any way I can transfer my save or am I SOL? I'm not that far in but if there's any way to avoid starting over, that would be great.

yami4ct

I know the answer is probably no but it's worth a shot.

I started a save on someone else's cart and I plan on buying my own soon. Is there any way I can transfer my save or am I SOL? I'm not that far in but if there's any way to avoid starting over, that would be great.

Does he have a save he wants to keep on there? If not, you could buy digitally and use nintendo's save data transfer tool. If you're buying physically or your friend needs a save, you're SOL as far as I know.

Bear

Does he have a save he wants to keep on there? If not, you could buy digitally and use nintendo's save data transfer tool. If you're buying physically or your friend needs a save, you're SOL as far as I know.

Yep, he's got a save and it's more important to keep his than transfer mine. Looks like I'll have to start over.

VandalD

Beat Caravaneer's Challenge after carting twice. Had 20 minutes left. That was a hell of a thing. I went in with a poison S&S at first and that just wasn't working out at all for me. Blast CB got it done. And all the smoke bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom