• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gif off reddit is amazing.
j4Ddi0z.gif

Chaotic Gore Magala hits like a truck, I really need to be on top of my game trying to evasion lance it even with Evasion +3 because his attacks do so much damage.

Savage Deviljho is fucking retarded. I get lightly tapped by its tail and that led into a pin. It jumped to do its tremor attack, I have tremor resist, I get pinned somehow. By the time I switched to dung bombs in my inventory it already ate half my health. Add hitting it's tiny little legs and avoiding getting pinned every 5 seconds, it's hard to get any real damage in.

And after all that it flees

Faiz

So, first Stygian Zinogre of the day. I think it's a good run because I'm only about 12 minutes in and he's taken off to go sleep, I go lay a trap on him, finish him off, then realize I forgot to cut the tail and already start mentally preparing myself for more runs.

And then the first body carve is an Umbrage.

Whew, all done!

And then there's another Umbrage in the quest rewards.

It never fails, guys. It never fails.

Shengar

Does anyone know the fastest way to farm Earth Crystal? Need fuckton of them for God's Isle and Worn Sword upgrade, but I barely got 5 per gathering harvest :/

zlCfzTHDE_MP9v5QRL

21 minutes and 20 seconds this time.

This is a fun solo, but the problem is I can't consistently hit his head, and I need horns and an eye. So even though this is fun, it's not very productive.

Edit: My bad, the timer actually started at 35 minutes, not 30. So the first time was 33-ish minutes, and this one is 26 minutes and 20 seconds.

Maybe you should wear different armor set
lol

Leezard

Does anyone know the fastest way to farm Earth Crystal? Need fuckton of them for God's Isle and Worn Sword upgrade, but I barely got 5 per gathering harvest :/

Maybe you should wear different armor set
lol

low- and high-rank expeditions are good for Earth Crystals.

MegaMelon

I've never gotten a weapon that was outside the bias.

-Alternis

I have a level 110 "right hand Rajang" (plus Kut-Ku) dual monster guild quest with an IG bias and chest armor. I have another with Rajang/Velocidrome for LS/GS. Want either?

Bias determines the weapons that drop. No other types are available to that quest.

I'm going to the movies now, let me know if you want them and I'll check in later to make a room.

Ah Cheers, thanks for explaining. Thanks for the offer Night Angel but I hate rajang with a passion, possibly more than plesioth so I'm afraid I'll pass.

Mupod

god dammit now there's like a piece of plastic coming off of my d-pad and it's driving me nuts. Along with all the other things wrong with my 3DS. Tempted to go out and find a new 3DS right now, I just got paid and my tax return is coming in...

Hello everyone. Looking for someone to hunt Pink Rathian. HR4 Urgent. 19-4090-3459-6813. Passcode:1234

I was wondering if my Monoblos armor set could take me up to GRank before I could move to X set.

TheGrue

Hello everyone. Looking for someone to hunt Pink Rathian. HR4 Urgent. 19-4090-3459-6813. Passcode:1234

I was wondering if my Monoblos armor set could take me up to GRank before I could move to X set.

Was gonna help you, but you had already taken off with someone else. Hope you got it done!

VICI0US

man, randoms seem to really struggle with akantor.

tried the zelda DLC quest a couple times before bed. first group had 3 deaths before I had even gotten hit a single time

second group someone carted then left, another guy carted then left, then my partner who was doing pretty well finally ended up dying when we had akantor pretty low

Hey! I've only got a little bit before i need to head out to a baby shower, but is anyone interested in killing S. Magala for my urgent real quick?

52-3600-2370-9857

Yeah, the last one in particular is a pain. Keep in mind that it unlocks a Crimson Fatalis, not a regular Fatalis.

I know I need it for the SnS. G Rank fatalis is already done... And yeah I just managed to finish the last quest without any dash juice. Started playing with the Tigrex and after a while the brute shows up and I was fuck this I just run. So one was sleeping while I avoided the second somehow.

Slickaxes? Supposed to be tradeable with the veggie elder with Dondurma fish or something.

Expedition for VE Deluxe tickets

I'm a MH noob.... I have my Jaggi set of armor, what should I focus on next? (rocking charge blade).

Is there a good guide out there to help direct people like me as to what gear to work towards?

Thanks 4 help!

I'm a MH noob.... I have my Jaggi set of armor, what should I focus on next? (rocking charge blade).

Is there a good guide out there to help direct people like me as to what gear to work towards?

Thanks 4 help!

Jaggi armor is pretty low on def, I'd say go tetsu next, then see if you want zam, zinogre or rath armor for the end of LW

ilium

Thanks 4 help!

Tetsucabra for defense, Velociprey for offense.

Anteo

This gif off reddit is amazing.
j4Ddi0z.gif

I had a brachy jump at me from really far away while I was near a ledge. I jumped too and hit him out of the air and got the mount too.

But that's nothing compared to what a friend did in a local hunt, I use SA, and I like to use the rising attack to hit wyrverns out of the air, my friend knowing this came running and got infront of me just as I was starting my attack, and used it to hit the Rathian in front of me out of the air and get a mount. The guy not only had a read on the Rathian, but on me too. I was super impressed

The 40 palico upgrade requires progress into 6* caravan. You need to do the quests the cowardly palico at Cheeko Sands gives you for caravan 6.

Oh god those advanced ones? That little shit gives out the worst quests.
"O-oh hunter. Y-you came back from defeating 2 frenzy monsters? Great! N-now go fight Iodrome and Gore Magala and get rekt by the frenzy and poison spam!"

Thanks Cowardbama

But that's nothing compared to what a friend did in a local hunt, I use SA, and I like to use the rising attack to hit wyrverns out of the air, my friend knowing this came running and got infront of me just as I was starting my attack, and used it to hit the Rathian in front of me out of the air and get a mount. The guy not only had a read on the Rathian, but on me too. I was super impressed

Wish I had a gif of me playing with my friends. On accident, one knocked another into the air with his long sword and i guess the one flying was able to do some damage or something in the air because the monster recoiled (I think it was Gravios?)

Woops double posted. Oh well lol.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh god those advanced ones? That little shit gives out the worst quests.
"O-oh hunter. Y-you came back from defeating 2 frenzy monsters? Great! N-now go fight Iodrome and Gore Magala and get rekt by the frenzy and poison spam!"

Thanks Cowardbama

They have reduced health and the Gore Magala doesn't spawn until the Iodrome is dead.

Ridley327

Thanks everyone! Been sitting on this one for about a week now :D

No problem. Glad we got your Kushala key out of the way, too.

That was an amusing fight. Right after I broke the horns, he keeled over again and I went for the tail. Didn't even have to charge it and it came right off.

Beats

Anyone want to help me with some G-Rank Yian Garuga runs? Just need a few mats to finish upgrading my Para SnS.
66-6021-3528-2539
Pass is 1234.

The guild quests I have for it require a G2 permit.

ilium

Anyone want to help me with some G-Rank Yian Garuga runs? Just need a few mats to finish upgrading my Para SnS.
66-6021-3528-2539
Pass is 1234.

The guild quests I have for it require a G2 permit.

Was doing garuga runs with randoms right now.

Don't hit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom