• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMelon

Man I've got like 3 g rank teostra guild quests and 2 gores but none with insect glaive bias. How important is weapon bias when getting rusted weapons from g rank guild quests?

Prototype

Dayum, just made my Kushala X set.

Sheathing
Critical Element
Focus
Evasion +1
Heat Cancel

I still have 10 slots to work with, I'll see if I can gem in Sharpness+1 or Critical Draw.
I've been rocking the Kushala X set for a while now. I really like it. Tons of slots and heat cancel is really nice, not something I'd ever gem in on my own but for fights like Akantor or Fatalis it's nice to not have t worry about lava /heat damage.

Man I've got like 3 g rank teostra guild quests and 2 gores but none with insect glaive bias. How important is weapon bias when getting rusted weapons from g rank guild quests?
I have a level 110 "right hand Rajang" (plus Kut-Ku) dual monster guild quest with an IG bias and chest armor. I have another with Rajang/Velocidrome for LS/GS. Want either?

Bias determines the weapons that drop. No other types are available to that quest.

I'm going to the movies now, let me know if you want them and I'll check in later to make a room.

bobohoro

So what would be better damage wise: atk up L and critical eye+1 or atk up S and critical eye+3? I'm using a hammer with that set.

Depends how far up the attack of your hammer is. There is a certain threshold where more affinity gives a bigger calculated bonus then pure attack up, but that's way up in rarity 9/10 weapons.

Calculations shouldn't be too hard. Atk Up S/M/L/XL always give a flat boost to attack, which can be read from the stat screen. For CE, just take:
raw*(1+0.25*CE%) = newraw

source

edit: i just realized this is for MH3, so take it with a grain of salt.

Depends how far up the attack of your hammer is. There is a certain threshold where more affinity gives a bigger calculated bonus then pure attack up, but that's way up in rarity 9/10 weapons.

Calculations shouldn't be too hard. Atk Up S/M/L/XL always give a flat boost to attack, which can be read from the stat screen. For CE, just take:
raw*(1+0.25*CE%) = newraw

Thanks. The weapons I use are rarety 9 with high raw dmg so I guess I'll stick to affinity instead of attack.

Mupod

lol, just finished Caravaneer's Challenge by whacking shigeru miyamoto in the nose with the jumping HBG attack. Kinda disappointed since I was hoping to unload on him after a mount. How much damage does that attack do, because I have killed WAY too many monsters with it to be coincidence.

but yeah that was pretty brutal even with (entry level) g-rank gear. I wanted to do it before I hit G2 and got overpowered stuff, at least.

Ridley327

I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to help me get to G-rank by putting Ukanlos to bed for good. In the meantime, I finally polished off the 6* caravan quests and unlocked that nasty-looking three monster challenge.

One thing I will say is that Kushala Daora is perhaps the most inversely proportional elder dragon ever. He's got a great design, his music is fucking awesome, and he's a complete wimp.

Kyzon

I think I'm gonna try reading back through this thread to see how new/3rd gen players reacted to their first Rajang. That monster's always kinda been my 'wall' even though I was able to farm final invitation in FU. I never did beat the SSJ2 one back then.
My first experience with it was the apex version while I was hunting a desert seltas. Scary as fuck

I just had my best win ever. Seregios jumped on Brute Tigrex for the kill. That death scene was pure gold as the Seregios falls on him, stumbles then walks off this corpse to go fly to the other half of the area. Bonus that he ignored me while carving too.

Continuing to progress through story mode, I'm trying to figure out when and where i can get the upgrade so i can hire up to 40 palicos. I love hiring these little things when i'm out on a mission and Im hating having to let other ones go. I just got to Caravan 8* quests.

Seil

Continuing to progress through story mode, I'm trying to figure out when and where i can get the upgrade so i can hire up to 40 palicos. I love hiring these little things when i'm out on a mission and Im hating having to let other ones go. I just got to Caravan 8* quests.

The 40 palico upgrade requires progress into 6* caravan. You need to do the quests the cowardly palico at Cheeko Sands gives you for caravan 6.

Volcynika

Been looking at the high rank Tetsucabra armor, but not many slots to use for it. Someone here told me I should make sure to add sharpness or something to it, I think?

PKrockin

Triple carted on the double Tetsucabra quest, my second quest in G1. Maybe it's finally time to retire the Hermitaur armor I've been using since the first quest of HR and get something with some actual defense.

rpmurphy

Good arena hunts! It's been a while since I've did them in MH3U so it was a good change of pace. Still used the weapons I knew better though. lol

Ridley327

Ash Kecham?

I can believe that Kecha Wacha would put the moves on Misty long before Ash would.

...probably in a rapey way, but hey.

I definitely need to focus on some G-rank Nerscylla tomorrow. I've been dying to upgrade my Scylla Blade for even more white sharpness.

KimChi

blah random black out for 3hours ._.
Also feel really stupid since I hadn't upgraded the gore magala weapons because I didn't know the low rank rank shagaru was an advanced quest that pops up randomly.

Any who, anyone up for doing non key quests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom