• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Lol, ran into first jerk, while he didn't directly bother me, his attitude was rotten. We are up against a super g rank chameleos. He starts off by calling us nubbies or whatever the hell the term is. Says the monster is tough.

We go in, thanks to team work no one carts.

A player asks for Chameleos quest, guy flat out refuses it and posts it again. I have one so I give it to him.

We start the match, jerk carts twice and disappears to the entrance to let us do the work. Finally another guy carts and games us over, first one to flee the lobby is the jerk lol.

thefil

Any tips for telling when a monster is close to death? I need 2 more molten tigrex fang+, which only come from capture and breaking head. I'd like to capture, but so far I always trap early. One map fight, so I can't wait for him to limp.

Shengar

Any tips for telling when a monster is close to death? I need 2 more molten tigrex fang+, which only come from capture and breaking head. I'd like to capture, but so far I always trap early. One map fight, so I can't wait for him to limp.
Your options would be:
-intuition
-Capture Guru skill
-palico with support forte

I've been holding off on multiplayer, but the thought of farming Gore by myself was unbearable, so I've been joining random games fighting him and have been having a great time. Nothings better than being in a group working well together. Of course now the desire sensor knows I need a Gore tail and is giving me everything but that...

Your options would be:
-intuition
-Capture Guru skill
-palico with support forte

Sheng, I have 3 or 4 G2 keys left before Chaos Gore.
-Brute Tigrex
-Brachy+Stygian (I need 2 Stygian lashes, so I need to cut that tail off)
-Diablos
-MAYBE Black Diablos. I know I did 2 of those already but it's not on my quest list since I haven't done regular G rank blos yet so I'm not sure if it counted.

Shengar

Sheng, I have 3 or 4 G2 keys left before Chaos Gore.
-Brute Tigrex
-Brachy+Stygian (I need 2 Stygian lashes, so I need to cut that tail off)
-Diablos
-MAYBE Black Diablos. I know I did 2 of those already but it's not on my quest list since I haven't done regular G rank blos yet so I'm not sure if it counted.
It's still counted as done so you're okay.

Pumpkins

Lol, ran into first jerk, while he didn't directly bother me, his attitude was rotten. We are up against a super g rank chameleos. He starts off by calling us nubbies or whatever the hell the term is. Says the monster is tough.

We go in, thanks to team work no one carts.

A player asks for Chameleos quest, guy flat out refuses it and posts it again. I have one so I give it to him.

We start the match, jerk carts twice and disappears to the entrance to let us do the work. Finally another guy carts and games us over, first one to flee the lobby is the jerk lol.

Yeah. It almost feels like the higher rank I get (Currently G1), the more "elitist" people start appearing.

Don't get me wrong, the MH community are by and large awesome, but I've been noticing this too.

Sadly the room above is full, anyone want to help with my Seregios urgent to get into G2?
17-5965-5869-8931
edit: room full and im g2 thanks if you joined ..and the room dc'd awesome.

I'm going to take a guess and say that Rajang is from one of the earlier games in the series?

He has a lot of weird animations.

When I was fighting him in the arena he did one attack where he puts his hands up then just floats into the air then comes back down at an angle rolled into a ball.

When he first did it I thought the game had glitched out because he didn't jump upwards, he just kind of floated until he hit a certain height.

yami4ct

Made it all the way to the second credit sequence. Apex Seregios was pretty easy and Rusted K. Daora was a really pushover with the cannon. Also cleared Crimson Fatalis. Almost ran out of time, but still managed the kill.

Need to clear some Gathering Hall quests to open up the next set of Wystones. Probably going to ask for some help here tomorrow. I need the Frenzied Tiger Zambrios and the pair or Shrouded Nerscylla, is that correct?

burgerdog

Made it all the way to the second credit sequence. Apex Seregios was pretty easy and Rusted K. Daora was a really pushover with the cannon. Also cleared Crimson Fatalis. Almost ran out of time, but still managed the kill.

Need to clear some Gathering Hall quests to open up the next set of Wystones. Probably going to ask for some help here tomorrow. I need the Frenzied Tiger Zambrios and the pair or Shrouded Nerscylla, is that correct?

Tiger Zam
Shrouded Nerscylla
Cephadrome + Seltas Queen
Alos + Brach

Juraash

G2 is where I may finally break and try and get some people from here to play with. Some of these key quests seem superrr unfun.

Seil

Has anyone here played the Japanese version and know when or how the G rank monoblos comes?

I want to finish my damn kirin ice GS.

It's a caravan 10 quest from the bad hair day line. Gotta talk to the funky cat with the afro that likes to rummage through your stuff at home.

57-0200-6349-2601
Pass: 1234.

One spot open. Grinding a high rank Kirin guild quest until it's G rank~.

Edit: Full.

Edit 2: One spot open. The Kirin is now G rank.

Edit 3: Scratch that, room's finally done. Great 4 hour session, guys. GGs as always.

Kard8p3

So whats the best way to play SnS? sleep sns and bomb the shit out of monsters? Or just makes a bunch of elemental and take w/e the monster is weak vs? What skills are good?

So whats the best way to play SnS? sleep sns and bomb the shit out of monsters? Or just makes a bunch of elemental and take w/e the monster is weak vs? What skills are good?

You could get status attack up and go crazy with paralysis. Groups would love you.

But generally you'll want the best of every element with SnS.

Sleep bombing is effective, but not necessary.

Shengar

GG guys. Today I make that quest rank up from LR to GR. Kinda sick seeing that overgrown Kelbi with thunder lol

Former is better with well coordinated group like friend or gaffer here since randoms are just too trigger happy to stop attacking when the monster sleep. The latter is much better for general playstyle whether you play with randoms or friend. Also you can opt for paralyze weapon if you want to deal status effect without being screwed up in the process.

Do I need to keep the Book of Combos in my Item Pouch to use its effect?

Collected the Gargwa Eggs by running away from the Great Jaggi as quickly as I could :p

You could get status attack up and go crazy with paralysis. Groups would love you.

It's pretty nice. I had a bunch of Chameleos stuff so I crafted its set and with a little messing around I get

Windproof (Hi)
HG Earplugs
Status Atk +2
Sharpness +1
Speed Sharpening
Status Crit

It's probably a good idea to not be the second or third guy on paralysis duty. I did Yian Garuga with a group to test it out and there were another 2 people (DB and another SnS) who had the same idea. Took like 12 minutes.

Next game I switched to my GS set and we did it 5 minutes faster lol

deoee

It's pretty nice. I had a bunch of Chameleos stuff so I crafted its set and with a little messing around I get

Windproof (Hi)
HG Earplugs
Status Atk +2
Sharpness +1
Speed Sharpening
Status Crit

It's probably a good idea to not be the second or third guy on paralysis duty. I did Yian Garuga with a group to test it out and there were another 2 people (DB and another SnS) who had the same idea. Took like 12 minutes.

Next game I switched to my GS set and we did it 5 minutes faster lol

Can you post your armor / charms for this please? :)

Can you post your armor / charms for this please? :)

Here you go

Helios/Selene Helm X
Grand Mizuha Guards
Grand Mizuha Sleeves
Grand Mizuha Sash
Grand Mizuha Leg Wrap
-----------------
+5 Wind Res OOO
-----------------
1x Earplug Jewel 3
2x Artisan Jewel 3
5x Grinder Jewel 1
1x Disabler Jewel 1

Needs 1 slot from weapon too

Grudy

So I'm around 6 hours in and I'm loving it so far! I'm gravitating towards using the Charge Blade (already upgraded my weapon, for better or for worse) as it's the only weapon that instantly clicked with me beside the longsword and Insect Glaive. It only took watching one video from Gaijin Hunter on the charged blade to know how intricate the combat is in this game.

I'm currently doing the 2 star quests (are these the story quests? I honestly can't tell if I'm doing the main story or side quests now) and I'm yet to visit the Gathering Hall until I can figure out my internet stuff on the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom