• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I beat Gore magala for the first time with the urgent quest. Wasn't that bad other than the insane damage it does while it has it's horns out.

Question: I'm currently using tetsu armor and dear lutena charge blade. I also have the guardsqual charge blade. I should probably farm Gore for it's charge blade, correct? Also, can I get the feelers any way other than breaking them?

Lastly, is there any other good armor aside from tetsu for charge blade users? I'm getting really tired of the look of this one...

To add to these questions: can you eat at the cook for caravan quests? or is it only for online stuff?

tuffy

We've achieved community status!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped me farm all those Purple Hermitaur bits so I could craft a respectable G rank suit. Since my network connection stopped cooperating, I spent a lot of time on harvest tours farming spheres to put an end to those one-shots. Next stop: Molten Tigrex.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped me farm all those Purple Hermitaur bits so I could craft a respectable G rank suit. Since my network connection stopped cooperating, I spent a lot of time on harvest tours farming spheres to put an end to those one-shots. Next stop: Molten Tigrex.

The beginning of the end.
Btw, I also need G molten tigrex for all my next upgrades. When does he show up? I'm at the beginning quests of G3 atm.

And there goes the post count.

tuffy

The beginning of the end.
Btw, I also need G molten tigrex for all my next upgrades. When does he show up? I'm at the beginning quests of G3 atm.
Looks like G Molten doesn't show up until the 10 star quests. I just need high rank bits for now so I can get those in the Caravan quests.

burgerdog

Not too bad, I think community is better for MH. I think most casuals have moved on by now. My playtime should be cut down dramatically once Bloodborne hits. Either way I think I'll be playing MH4U for a long time.

Vuze

Advanced question:

So according to the japanese bible, Sleep Lv2 shots do 50 status damage (and zero raw btw, so it's save to fire at monsters while they are mounted as long as you don't put it to sleep!).

Now, the same guide book says Status+2 grants a x1.2 + 10 multiplier if my very limited Japanese doesn't fail me (here's a pic if somebody is more savvy: http://puu.sh/gBydr/6878014c9f.jpg)

Maths:
50 x 1.2 + 10 = 70

Initial sleep resistance of Rajang: 150
=> 150 / 70 ≈ 2.15

That makes three Sleep Lv2 shots to put him to sleep. Coincides with my experience. Now what throws me off guard is attempting the second sleep.

Increment for sleep after every infliction on Rajang: 100
=> 150 + 100 = 250
==> 250 / 70 ≈ 3.57

That would make four Sleep Lv2 shots but I end up with 6 shots (= 420). I simply don't understand where my mistake is. It's probably the value of 70, res numbers should be correct. Any help?

thefil

I'm now G2 and still wearing my HR armor. The G rank armor seems a lot harder to make. Can anyone recommend a set for a GS that is attainable in G1/G2? Eventually I want to get Diablos X, but I feel I shouldn't wait so long before upgrading my base defence. Or is it OK to use HR armor through G2/G3?

Shurayuki

Well, this thread had a good run...

Good hunting everyone!

(here I am grinding Dalamadur for tails and only getting gems left and right...)

PrankT

I'm now G2 and still wearing my HR armor. The G rank armor seems a lot harder to make. Can anyone recommend a set for a GS that is attainable in G1/G2? Eventually I want to get Diablos X, but I feel I shouldn't wait so long before upgrading my base defence. Or is it OK to use HR armor through G2/G3?
Get tetsucabra z or x in g1 and then regios in g2. Those were the easiest for me. In still using regios since just about every other armor has a rare drop that I can't get.

Shiina

Got a +6 status, +14 artillery charm, does anyone have a set idea (any weapon).

Bit conflicting but they're both good skills for CBs. That's a free Artillery God with Seltas Helm X and one gem and you should be able to get Stat Atk+1/2 and S+1 with some Chameleos parts. Conflicting because you usually go for either status or damage and not both but maybe with this charm you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom