• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dak'kon

Anyone going through HR2/3 or even hasn't started online but wants to soon? Figured it would be good to have a group to rank up with.

Beats

Would anyone like to help me with my Gogmazios G3 urgent?

Tried to solo it blind on my first time and felt like I got close I think, but I was running out of time so I abandoned it. : \

48-8209-7119-8953
Pass is 1234

Wanderer5

Screw this game's online sometimes I swear. Me and my friends gotten a few dc issues in the last hour and a half even after switching hosts. So annoying.<.<

la_briola

Bit conflicting but they're both good skills for CBs. That's a free Artillery God with Seltas Helm X and one gem and you should be able to get Stat Atk+1/2 and S+1 with some Chameleos parts. Conflicting because you usually go for either status or damage and not both but maybe with this charm you can.

I also was thinking CB with para, but JimPanzer told me Artillery is "garbage" on it...

Juraash

I'm now G2 and still wearing my HR armor. The G rank armor seems a lot harder to make. Can anyone recommend a set for a GS that is attainable in G1/G2? Eventually I want to get Diablos X, but I feel I shouldn't wait so long before upgrading my base defence. Or is it OK to use HR armor through G2/G3?

I used HR Azure Rath armor until G2 at which point I farmed Seregios until I had his armor. He has an Caravan quest you can farm once you hit G2, which makes it easier to solo if you have trouble finding a group to grind.

Shiina

I also was thinking CB with para, but JimPanzer told me Artillery is "garbage" on it...

I don't know how useful it is on a status CB but generally Artillery is a decent enough skill (it was buffed in 4G (and so was the shield buff which wasn't even in 4), so those calculations from 4 are outdated). You get a free 4 Artillery from the helm so it's only 3 gems to get Novice which ups your impact phial damage by x1.3 on top of the shield buff. The conflicting part is that with a status CB you'll be spending a lot of time in sword and shield mode spamming shield thrusts so you won't be getting much use out of that increased phial damage (though I guess shield thrusts also proc phials with the shield buff).

Yesterday I failed Dalamadur... three times, and because I ran out of time.
I manged to break everything and it even destroyed the other platform. But, I feel my damage output is way too low...

I'm using a Brimsten Drakescale (224, 350 Dragon) SnS, and I ate for Attack L and used Mega Demondrugs during the whole fight (I was never under the effect of it).

I watched the GaijinHunter tutorial (after the first time, as he says, nothing beats the "What the hell do I do?!" feeling) and managed to memorize its pattern, cut the tail, carve the head and all of that...

la_briola

I don't know how useful it is on a status CB but generally Artillery is a decent enough skill (it was buffed in 4G (and so was the shield buff which wasn't even in 4), so those calculations from 4 are outdated). You get a free 4 Artillery from the helm so it's only 3 gems to get Novice which ups your impact phial damage by x1.3 on top of the shield buff. The conflicting part is that with a status CB you'll be spending a lot of time in sword and shield mode spamming shield thrusts so you won't be getting much use out of that increased phial damage (though I guess shield thrusts also proc phials with the shield buff).

I see, thanks!

Ken

Yesterday I failed Dalamadur... three times, and because I ran out of time.
I manged to break everything and it even destroyed the other platform. But, I feel my damage output is way too low...

I'm using a Brimsten Drakescale (224, 350 Dragon) SnS, and I ate for Attack L and used Mega Demondrugs during the whole fight (I was never under the effect of it).

I watched the GaijinHunter tutorial (after the first time, as he says, nothing beats the "What the hell do I do?!" feeling) and managed to memorize its pattern, cut the tail, carve the head and all of that...

I think I'm at like 5 or 6 Dalamadur and I still don't know what I'm doing.

L Thammy

So Najarala's deliberately terrible, right? Someone at Capcom decided that the game was too fun and they needed some variety. Because I can't imagine how they allowed for that thing otherwise.

ilium

LBG users, is it worth Honing for Power if using the gun primarily for Elemental shots? Raw attack doesn't factor too much into its damage IIRC from 3U.

I don't think it's worth it. LBG has a really low damage multiplier so you'd get something like +25 attack.
Compare that to +60 defense + divine blessing for defense honing.

Ken

I don't think it's worth it. LBG has a really low damage multiplier so you'd get something like +25 attack.
Compare that to +60 defense + divine blessing for defense honing.

I feel like defense honing is good if you aren't confident in evading? Seems like even with 60 defense everything is still a 1 or 2 shot for gunners, and it's more hoping for divine blessing procs.

Demoli

So, what is it worth honing for CB users? Both Life and Attack seem nice, but I don't know which one to choose, any suggestions?

Mupod

I feel like defense honing is good if you aren't confident in evading? Seems like even with 60 defense everything is still a 1 or 2 shot for gunners, and it's more hoping for divine blessing procs.

I don't get hit often but 60 defense could be the difference between a 1 shot or surviving with a sliver. I'll probably put it on my Najarala gun for now until I'm confident enough to switch to attack. I'm still wearing Lagombi X so maybe once I'm in something stronger I won't be encountering one-shots as often - still not sure how that happened against Seregios. I even had an armorskin + 25 defense from my gun. He doesn't have that many hard hitting moves.

I need to get a couple more large wyvern gems before I can do it anyways. Next order of business is getting a drive wystone...or maybe I'll work towards Narga X.

Ken

I have yet to find any risk-free openings where I can actually get a hit in with no chance of getting hit.

When he tosses rocks or dodge his thunder beam. After his Dempsey Roll, he likes to do his jump back so you could try to land a hit there. If you're a lancer you can counter his rushes.

I think the biggest thing is to not get affected by the ground shaking body slam because he moves into his next attack faster than you recover from tremor.

ilium

We need 2 more for gogmazios urgents.

Beats was looking for Gog.

true, but coupled with kitchen defense buff you get twice the chance for divine blessing and even more defense. outside of sure OHKO attacks that would even 1 shot blademaster i could imagen that this might be the difference between a OHKO and a sliver of health left.

i honestly don't know but the minimal attack increase just seems hardly worth it to me.

la_briola

I could make this Gunlance set:

Artillery God, Stam Recov Up, Load Up, Guard Boost, Sharpness +1

Not sure if I want Guard+1/2. It's a long time since I last played GL. Any thoughts?

Ken

I don't get hit often but 60 defense could be the difference between a 1 shot or surviving with a sliver.

true, but coupled with kitchen defense buff you get twice the chance for divine blessing and even more defense. outside of sure OHKO attacks that would even 1 shot blademaster i could imagen that this might be the difference between a OHKO and a sliver of health yet.

i honestly don't know. :)

Is there math out there for defense? Without combat/battle logs it's really hard for me to grasp how big 60 defense boost is when it comes to damage. It's usually just pray for the sparkles of Defender/divine blessing proc and live!

I think if you're going defense kitchen skills too then surviving is your #1 priority and the defense hone is the no-brainer pick?

R0ckman

When he tosses rocks or dodge his thunder beam. After his Dempsey Roll, he likes to do his jump back so you could try to land a hit there. If you're a lancer you can counter his rushes.

I think the biggest thing is to not get affected by the ground shaking body slam because he moves into his next attack faster than you recover from tremor.

I'm hoping as they try and expand the series in the west they start tweaking monsters with openings for attacks. Way too many monsters have attacks that have them jump back to a safe position, block punishes, lock on, it wouldn't be bad if the programming didn't allow them to spam the same damn move 5 times in a row.

ilium

Is there math out there for defense? Without combat/battle logs it's really hard for me to grasp how big 60 defense boost is when it comes to damage. It's usually just pray for the sparkles of Defender/divine blessing proc and live!

haven't seen anything for defense yet, but 60 def is basically an additional non upgraded g-rank gunner armor piece.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I could make this Gunlance set:

Artillery God, Stam Recov Up, Load Up, Guard Boost, Sharpness +1

Not sure if I want Guard+1/2.
Guard 1 will let you survive through most, if not all of monster's attack with no health loss.

Guard 2 will make you survive through anything, even the death lasers.

But guarding is only useful with the mega dash juice.

burgerdog

End via subquest is amazing. Was playing with randoms and I'm not sure it they didn't bring potions but they refused to heal. We had already broken Zamtrios head and after they carted twice I ended the quest so it wouldn't be a complete waste of time.

Ken

I'm hoping as they try and expand the series in the west they start tweaking monsters with openings for attacks. Way too many monsters have attacks that have them jump back to a safe position, block punishes, lock on, it wouldn't be bad if the programming didn't allow them to spam the same damn move 5 times in a row.

I think Furious Rajang has a good amount of openings, having done it solo as a lancer and a bowman. The punish is definitely there but I adjusted by reducing pokes, giving up the power shot, or going into counter.

Oh yeah, he has pretty lengthy recovery after his Sonic ball jump attack once he lands so you can sheathe and be ready to draw attack to his landing spot.

haven't seen anything for defense yet, but 60 def is basically an additional non upgraded g-rank gunner armor piece.

Some days I feel like 5 piece of gunner armor is equivalent to no armor lol.

R0ckman

I think Furious Rajang has a good amount of openings, having done it solo as a lancer and a bowman. The punish is definitely there but I adjusted by reducing pokes or going into counter.

Some days I feel like 5 piece of gunner armor is equivalent to no armor lol.

I had to put on trem res, to get openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom