• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I don't know how I'm gonna break these Gore Magala feelers. He's just so damn tough when they are active and it seems really dangerous attacking from the front to begin with...

VandalD

End via subquest is amazing. Was playing with randoms and I'm not sure it they didn't bring potions but they refused to heal. We had already broken Zamtrios head and after they carted twice I ended the quest so it wouldn't be a complete waste of time.
Does that work like abandon, or does that end the quest for everyone?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Man, I don't know how I'm gonna break these Gore Magala feelers. He's just so damn tough when they are active and it seems really dangerous attacking from the front to begin with...

Mount only when his feelers are out, bring traps, bring bombs. Even sleep bomb if you really think you're having issues. A Pitfall trap and a hammer often help a lot.

Scher

Gogmazios down. Thanks again for the help Scher and Lazy!

Congrats on special G rank! Sorry about the issues on my part, only did this with one other person before, so I wasn't too sure on how restraints work when it's flying, but oh well. I'll learn more as I keep doing the fight!

ilium

Some days I feel like 5 piece of gunner armor is equivalent to no armor lol.

Yea.
I mean obviously it's better to dodge and take no damage at all, but even with Evasion +2 you sometimes just can't avoid it if you get unlucky.

Gogmazios down. Thanks again for the help Scher and Lazy!

nice! that means we're all special g-rank now. time to hunt some apex monsters soon!

sorry for not helping, but i feel kind of sick today :/

Ken

It's all the same in super G (140) where every large move one shots anyway. Haha

750+ defense still doesn't stop the carnage.

Well they're large moves for a reason lol!

More defense is nice to handle the medium to small hits so you can get back on the boss faster without worrying about your missing 50-80% HP.

Beats

Congrats on special G rank! Sorry about the issues on my part, only did this with one other person before, so I wasn't too sure on how restraints work when it's flying, but oh well. I'll learn more as I keep doing the fight!

Don't worry about it. I wasn't really sure about that either until Lazy explained it. I'll have to try it again myself the next time I fight it.

nice! that means we're all special g-rank now. time to hunt some apex monsters soon!

sorry for not helping, but i feel kind of sick today :/

Definitely! And it's fine. I didn't expect anyone in particular to come help with the quest lol. Get well soon!

How do I get Veggie Elder tickets, the ones you can trade for plates?

I get them from playing a lot with friends or people that have sent me their guild cards. It has to do with your Unity Level I think, but I'm not sure about the specific numbers. You usually get a Bronze Ticket, then Silver, then Gold, and then back to Bronze again.

Well I'm about to time out on my first run of the giant snake thing. I still don't know what the heck I was suppose to be doing but that death laser of his has a long windup to it I was surprised. With how it was sounding in here I thought it was a instant thing.

la_briola

I will try a wide gunlance set and will only use charged shells... never tried something like that.

Artillery God, Load Up, Guard Boost, Guard +1, Stam Recov Up, Partbreaker

Armor: full Seltas Z
Gunlance: Molten Tigrex

edit: probably only viable for solo play...

jorgejjvr

I have a question guys. Does the divine protection skill stack with the divine protection you get from honing a weapon for defense? If I have a defensively honed weapon as well as divine protection, would the effects mix? Would I obtain a 50% chance of taking less damage?

-Alternis

burgerdog

Don't worry about it. I wasn't really sure about that either until Lazy explained it. I'll have to try it again myself the next time I fight it.

Definitely! And it's fine. I didn't expect anyone in particular to come help with the quest lol. Get well soon!

I get them from playing a lot with friends or people that have sent me their guild cards. It has to do with your Unity Level I think, but I'm not sure about the specific numbers. You usually get a Bronze Ticket, then Silver, then Gold, and then back to Bronze again.

I would have helped but saw the post too late, sorry beats. Would like to pay the favor back since three cool gaffers helped me with it.

tuffy

I have a question guys. Does the divine protection skill stack with the divine protection you get from honing a weapon for defense? If I have a defensively honed weapon as well as divine protection, would the effects mix? Would I obtain a 50% chance of taking less damage?
The skill and honing do stack. I think one simply takes less damage if either one kicks in rather than adding the percentages.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
My little brother when fighting the mini tetsucabra in the event quest.

0571AE26-7118-4B22-9810-B37B1C100BAE_zpszc2oknoh.png

jorgejjvr

The skill and honing do stack. I think one simply takes less damage if either one kicks in rather than adding the percentages.

Ah. That sounds great! Is there any confirmation on this? Do you have firsthand knowledge? Do other GAFers agree? I don't want to get the skill and have it be a placebo >.<

-Alternis

ilium

Ah. That sounds great! Is there any confirmation on this? Do you have firsthand knowledge? Do other GAFers agree? I don't want to get the skill and have it be a placebo >.<

-Alternis

Yes, they should stack. But you don't get 50% chance to proc. You get 25% and another 25% chance afaik.

but i'm terrible at math so take it with a grain of salt ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

R0ckman

That's like putting HG earplugs cause you only feel safe hitting something during its roar? @@

Considering I'm using a hammer when fighting him most of time and I'm on horn duty when online I think the ground pounds are the only times I have to do decent head damage beyond setting traps.

ilium

So basically a ~44% chance to take reduced damage. Seems OP.

Math: 1 - (Probability of taking full damage) = 1 - (.75*.75)

if you add the kitchen buff/armor skill you even get 58%!
it only reduces damage by 30% tho. so i guess it's not too OP.

i did math \o/

Beats

Would that stack with the Hunting Horn buff too? lol

Not sure if I would gem in Divine Protection. Too many other skills that I would want to have over it.

PrankT

Would that stack with the Hunting Horn buff too? lol

Not sure if I would gem in Divine Protection. Too many other skills that I would want to have over it.
Good question. I want to try all honing and just not save my game. Health boost on hunting Horn could be great; never put the Horn away.

Anteo

So, after 80 hours, I'm finally in High Rank.
I want to make a velociprey set but after killing a few it doesnt show up on the store. I guess I am missing rare mats or mats from another monster?

ilium

I want to make a velociprey set but after killing a few it doesnt show up on the store. I guess I am missing rare mats or mats from another monster?

Velociprey Hide+ should unlock most armor pieces.

_Isaac

So what's the point of registering guild quests? Like why don't they just show up on the quest list. Why do you have to register them? That's weird. Actually, what's the point of guild quests altogether?

Scher

Each piece of armor has a particular item that you have to obtain before it will show up on the list. If you look up the armor on Kiranico, they put an asterisk next to the material needed in order to unlock that piece of armor at the forge.

lionpants

So what's the point of registering guild quests? Like why don't they just show up on the quest list. Why do you have to register them? That's weird. Actually, what's the point of guild quests altogether?
They're in their own category in the gathering hall. When you complete a Guild Quest it will level up, increasing the difficulty. They're repeatable. I believe the reward quality increases as well.

Just got to G1 and am pretty overwhelmed with all the armor choices. I am still rocking a High Rank Tetsucabra set.

I'm a Charge Blade user. Any insight into which G1 starter set I should aim for?

Prototype

They're in their own category in the gathering hall. When you complete a Guild Quest it will level up, increasing the difficulty. They're repeatable. I believe the reward quality increases as well.

Just got to G1 and am pretty overwhelmed with all the armor choices. I am still rocking a High Rank Tetsucabra set.

I'm a Charge Blade user. Any insight into which G1 starter set I should aim for?

First g rank set I made was azure Los. Just used HR Tigrex until then.

Edit. It's a good set, and if you've played MH before the Los family is easy to farm. Also, there are always people fighting them for mantles so finding a group shouldn't be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom