• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

They're in their own category in the gathering hall. When you complete a Guild Quest it will level up, increasing the difficulty. They're repeatable. I believe the reward quality increases as well.

Just got to G1 and am pretty overwhelmed with all the armor choices. I am still rocking a High Rank Tetsucabra set.

I'm a Charge Blade user. Any insight into which G1 starter set I should aim for?

But why the need to register them? That seems funny to me.

But why the need to register them? That seems funny to me.

Because then it'd clog up your list with Velocidromes and Yian Kut Kus.

Also there are possibilities of any number of ridiculous combinations like:

Basarios+Garuga, Basarios+Rajang+Khezu, Khezu+Basarios+Gore Magala, etc

So eventually you could be talking hundreds of quests you need to scroll through in a single list to find the exact one you want.

Shengar

Also there are possibilities of any number of ridiculous combinations like:

Basarios+Garuga, Basarios+Rajang+Khezu, Khezu+Basarios+Gore Magala, etc

So eventually you could be talking hundreds of quests you need to scroll through in a single list to find the exact one you want.
Rajang+Yian Garuga is still the unholiest combination of all.

Ken

So what's the point of registering guild quests? Like why don't they just show up on the quest list. Why do you have to register them? That's weird. Actually, what's the point of guild quests altogether?

To promote socializing/expeditions I guess. There's a few things you can only get from GQs too so they definitely want people doing them (G Gore, Ruby Basaios, Kirin, etc.)

Ken

With Dual Blades, which has the better DPS combo against an immobile monster: Archdemon mode or Archdemon in Demon mode? Assume Archdemon gauge isn't a factor.

Edzi

So how exactly does progression work in this game? I'm currently done with all rank 2 missions available to me from the guild, and just killed Yian kut ku in an expedition. I'm not really sure what I should be doing to progress further.

Ken

So how exactly does progression work in this game? I'm currently done with all rank 2 missions available to me from the guild, and just killed Yian kut ku in an expedition. I'm not really sure what I should be doing to progress further.

Key quests into urgent with the guildmarm. Check the internet (mh4u caravan quests) for which are key quests.

:( I broke his face and back but my dragon weapon selection is poor. Is there any reason to keep climbing the mountain and trying to jump on his head after it's broken? And should I keep on trying solo till I down him or should I try to find a group?

*talking about Dalamadur

Pfft, what Basarios do is just whittle down the big baddies health.

I dunno why I'm adding Basarios to everything. He just seems really common. Garuga+Rajang+Gore, go!

:( I broke his face and back but my dragon weapon selection is poor. Is there any reason to keep climbing the mountain and trying to jump on his head after it's broken? And should I keep on trying solo till I down him or should I try to find a group?

*talking about Dalamadur

He has an extreme amount of health so if you're still in high rank weapons/armor, you may want a group.

Scher

*talking about Dalamadur

If you're currently having issues doing it solo, it might be a good idea to put up a room and see about getting help from here. That fight is a pretty awful fight, especially when doing it solo. I would definitely be willing to help you with the fight real quick, and you could probably get some more from here if you post a room.

Can someone help me do HR7 urgent? have been helping people but then when it comes to my turn, they start quitting ;_;

room ID: 13-0009-4399-6020

Spux666

Banned
Can anyone help me with the story missions real quick? I'm stuck after killing gore magala. It's been a couple days since I last played and beat him and now I have no idea how to progress the story. I'm supposed to be building an air ship I think? I just don't know where to go, who to talk to, what to do. Any help is appreciated!

Spux666

Banned
Can anyone help me with the story missions real quick? I'm stuck after killing gore magala. It's been a couple days since I last played and beat him and now I have no idea how to progress the story. I'm supposed to be building an air ship I think? I just don't know where to go, who to talk to, what to do. Any help is appreciated!

Nevermind -_-.....had to go back to the lava town.

Man, it's like this game has the opposite problem of 3U in that not enough armor sets have points towards sharpness +1. It's no wonder a lot of people are in clown suits.

burgerdog

Man, it's like this game has the opposite problem of 3U in that not enough armor sets have points towards sharpness +1. It's no wonder a lot of people are in clown suits.

I look like butt, let me go change colors so I can at least match. Oh, a random ass chain changes color only. Clown it is.

Yeah, in general it seems like almost every late g rank set has handicraft. Kind of weird to me.

BUT GOD DAMNIT, WHY IS G RANK CHAMELEOS NO LONGER A WITCH'S OUTFIT. I WORE THAT SHIT FOREVER IN MHFU.

GRRRRRRR.

This shit was my jam:

ChameleosBlademaster.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom