• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some armor sets with sweets skills but then I see how ugly they are :(

Yeah. Well, don't get me wrong. G rank Hyuga still isn't TOO BAD in my opinion, but it's nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing to me as High Rank Hyuga. G rank is more "Shogun Warlord" than "Wandering Samurai".

Scher

Yeah, in general it seems like almost every late g rank set has handicraft. Kind of weird to me.

BUT GOD DAMNIT, WHY IS G RANK CHAMELEOS NO LONGER A WITCH'S OUTFIT. I WORE THAT SHIT FOREVER IN MHFU.

GRRRRRRR.

This shit was my jam:

Oh wow, that looks much better than the current Chameleos set. I would have actually liked to use some of those pieces, considering Chameleos' set is probably going to be part of my mixed status set.

Ukanlos set is pretty much the epitome of awful looking. It's pretty much just a giant spike protruding from you body.

Shengar

Yeah, they even screwed me out of my sweet, sweet, old fashioned samurai look by making G rank Hyuga armor look NOTHING like high rank Hyuga. So mad.

Not everything needs to look "ROAR, I'M BADASS AND SPIKY AND BULKY." Capcom, Jesus.
Grand Hyuuga armor is cool, smh

Barioth X armor is coolest looking armor around but the slot number and the skill is pure shit.
I think one of the few armor that managed to get the right balance is Rath Soul Z, at least for me.

Azalean

Banned
Oh, so this got moved to Community. I was looking for this thread for the first few pages and couldn't find it. XD It usually doesn't leave the first page.

Anyway, anyone want to do some HR3 missions with me?

Oh wow, that looks much better than the current Chameleos set. I would have actually liked to use some of those pieces, considering Chameleos' set is probably going to be part of my mixed status set.

Ukanlos set is pretty much the epitome of awful looking. It's pretty much just a giant spike protruding from you body.

Yeah. MHFU Chameleos gunner didn't have the witch's hat I love, but I still liked it:
ChameleosGunner.png

Barioth X armor is coolest looking armor around but the slot number and the skill is pure shit.
I think one of the few armor that managed to get the right balance is Rath Soul Z, at least for me.

I don't understand why they took out handicraft from the trade armors. That set was my jam in 3U D:

You can keep your Hannibal Lecter face mask. I want my witch's hat. :(

Look at my title in my guild card.

RasanRL

Neo Member
can i get some assistance with my hr7 urgent? I was in a good room but had to leave for a moment.

Room ID: 70-2142-0337-4696

And now I'm going through every guild card and looking at everyone's titles, lol.

Shengar: Freelancer Adventurer
Scher: Loving Hunter

My current favorite is Beats: Goldenfish Baker.

Edit:

Fucking lol. Beats dethroned by Artemis (ilium): Heroine Addict

_Clash_

I'm sure this a frustrating q but I can't find the answer.

I started playing strictly online co op with friends from HR1. THey had 50 hrs in the single player portion of the game. Their urgents came and went and I still havent had mine to go HR1->HR2 in the online hunter rank.

What's the dealio,do I just make sure I have every HR1 online quest ticked off I suppose?

Seil

I'm sure this a frustrating q but I can't find the answer.

I started playing strictly online co op with friends from HR1. THey had 50 hrs in the single player portion of the game. Their urgents came and went and I still havent had mine to go HR1->HR2 in the online hunter rank.

What's the dealio,do I just make sure I have every HR1 online quest ticked off I suppose?

There are "key" quests that have to be completed to unlock the urgent. Typically there are 4-5 keys in a given rank. All other quests are optional, but may be necessary for wycoon unlocks, food upgrades or to unlock other quests like harvest tours. Keys are unmarked in game, but various resources will mark them in their quest lists.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/guild

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
There are "key" quests that have to be completed to unlock the urgent. Typically there are 4-5 keys in a given rank. All other quests are optional, but may be necessary for wycoon unlocks, food upgrades or to unlock other quests like harvest tours. Keys are unmarked in game, but various resources will mark them in their quest lists.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/guild
I like this one for the pictures.
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Gathering_Hall_Quests

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Only 3 more divine spheres to go before I completely max my uka-uka set.

Hopefully I get a decent relic weapon soon. I don't want to resort to the soft reset method.

Wanderer5

There, HR6 here I am.:D That wasn't too bad, but I guess it help there was like a HR158 guy.:p I felt so much better fighting Gravios with Permanence and fire res through. Permanence should help a bit when I start farming Brachydios in HR6.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
There, HR6 here I am.:D That wasn't too bad, but I guess it help there was like a HR158 guy.:p I felt so much better fighting Gravios with Permanence and fire res through. Permanence should help a bit when I start farming Brachydios in HR6.

Yo yo yo we should hunt together then ! I'm also a recently minted HR6 as well. Always looking for people around the same HR to level together :)

Wanderer5

Yo yo yo we should hunt together then ! I'm also a recently minted HR6 as well. Always looking for people around the same HR to level together :)

Sure! I probably going to slow down a bit through, farming dios, and doing a bit more of HR4 and 5 since I kind of rush through those.:p

Dreavus

I never paid a great deal of attention to elements before (offensively speaking), but I was really seeing the difference in those 7 star caravan hunt-a-thons. I could take down Kecha's practically by the dozen with a water switch axe, but killing the recommended two Nercylla with the same weapon was super painful.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Sure! I probably going to slow down a bit through, farming dios, and doing a bit more of HR4 and 5 since I kind of rush through those.:p

Yeah we're taking it slow too. Got 2 HR5 and myself at HR6 right now. We've been meaning to farm Dios as well, haha. Maybe tomorrow or something we should hunt ! We're in the PST timezone. Yourself ?

Wanderer5

Yeah we're taking it slow too. Got 2 HR5 and myself at HR6 right now. We've been meaning to farm Dios as well, haha. Maybe tomorrow or something we should hunt ! We're in the PST timezone. Yourself ?

Yep PST person here too. Best time for me tomorrow will probably be between 7-9pm.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
There's a soft reset method?

Basically go solo in a 140 rank guild quest and keep abandoning until you get a rare (treasure area).

Do the mining and triple cart. If not satisfied with relic goodness close the game and reload. It's basically back-to-back relic mining.

PKrockin

I never paid a great deal of attention to elements before (offensively speaking), but I was really seeing the difference in those 7 star caravan hunt-a-thons. I could take down Kecha's practically by the dozen with a water switch axe, but killing the recommended two Nercylla with the same weapon was super painful.
But Kecha Wacha is resistant to water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom