• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilium

Finally got a couple streetpass tags today. None of them higher than HR5.

I hope they appreciate my Lv101 Yian Garuga guildquest.

ilium

You monster...

bill.gif

From what I understand, any guild quests you send through streetpass get reset to level 1.

:(

ugoo18

So what's the easiest or most efficient method of ensuring you get Divine Spheres. Considering how many are needed just to get one piece of armor maxed out it's slow going when having to it for all 5.

bobohoro

From what I understand, any guild quests you send through streetpass get reset to level 1.

You sure? I always thought it was reset to the initial level of the GQ, at least that's the way for sending them in-game. Is Streetpass any different?

Finally completed my Kirin SnS, why that thing needs more hides and hide+s than anything else in the game is a mystery to me. But oh well, around 650 thunder damage is pretty neat. Now I just need to stalk someone with a G-Kirin, but I think I need to get to G3 first to be allowed entry into that sort of quest.

Parshias7

So what's the easiest or most efficient method of ensuring you get Divine Spheres. Considering how many are needed just to get one piece of armor maxed out it's slow going when having to it for all 5.

Here's a list I've been using:

Guild Quest Lv 126 - 140

Kirin
Gore Magala
Shagaru Magala
Diablos
Seregios
Brachydios
Chameleos
Deviljho

You'll get them in the quest rewards. I've gotten as many as three at once, although I've also had plenty of runs with no drops.

Scher

You sure? I always thought it was reset to the initial level of the GQ, at least that's the way for sending them in-game. Is Streetpass any different?

Yeah, I went ahead and checked the help section in the game, since I thought it had said level 1. You're correct, though. the game says it's set to the initial level of the quest.

ugoo18

Here's a list I've been using:

Guild Quest Lv 126 - 140

Kirin
Gore Magala
Shagaru Magala
Diablos
Seregios
Brachydios
Chameleos
Deviljho

You'll get them in the quest rewards. I've gotten as many as three at once, although I've also had plenty of runs with no drops.

Currently doing a 127 Velocidrome since it's the least troublesome option.

tuffy

These mandatory videos for every monster are so off putting.
I actually kindof like the one-time introductory monster cutscenes. They're a nice way of showing how the monster behaves and what sort of attacks it likes to use without any actual danger of being attacked.

Man, I have been doing so many expeditions the last couple weeks, and still no Kirin GQ :/ That thing is like finding a flipping Rath Ruby... It just keeps eluding me.

Mupod

I actually kindof like the one-time introductory monster cutscenes. They're a nice way of showing how the monster behaves and what sort of attacks it likes to use without any actual danger of being attacked.

Yeah, they're cool and show off some important aspects of the fights. Like Akantor's roar/beam/whatever.

One thing I don't like is that they spoil the Gypceros Surprise. Although I bet he caught some online-only players with it.

ilium

These mandatory videos for every monster are so off putting.

I love them!
I mean, come on. You just have to watch them once...

The only thing that bothers me is that your hunter doesn't really act like a hunter in those. He/She's just walking in there being all "I wonder what's going on in this area, derp"

ohlawd

took a while but I got that final Rajang hammer. And I made the Jang HH too. I needed my Stygian Tristitia notes back. Took longer to get the pelts than anything but the offline quest made Gorers easier to stomach

hen na hanashi, man

I put up Fur Fixation four times and get this, randoms broke the horns for all four runs. Yeah. I had a different group for each run too. guess they only needed one Gorer and nothing else. I didn't have to say shit either like "horns pls pls pls"

I'm the one who put down traps tho >_>

Mupod

I love them!
I mean, come on. You just have to watch them once...

The only thing that bothers me is that your hunter doesn't really act like a hunter in those. He/She's just walking in there being all "I wonder what's going on in this area, derp"

It's especially funny when you run into a monster you've fought a hundred times in a different quest than the one you're 'supposed' to first encounter it. Or when you're wearing the damn thing's armor. It's like Ash Ketchum pulling out the pokedex for a pokemon he used to have.

took a while but I got that final Rajang hammer. And I made the Jang HH too. I needed my Stygian Tristitia notes back. Took longer to get the pelts than anything but the offline quest made Gorers easier to stomach

hen na hanashi, man

I put up Fur Fixation four times and get this, randoms broke the horns for all four runs. Yeah. I had a different group for each run too. guess they only needed one Gorer and nothing else. I didn't have to say shit either like "horns pls pls pls"

I'm the one who put down traps tho >_>

Stygian Tristitia was my favorite 3U weapon and I was sad to see the notes were changed in this one. It'll be a while until I can get the Rajang or Fatalis horns too.

tragic

Developer
Anyone willing to come along for dalamadur urgent?

I'll swing by if you still need help. Haven't fought him with Gunlance yet, but I have Artillery God, Load Up, Partbreaker, Guard +2, and 760 Defense with Wide 5! We can make this happen!

Parshias7

It's especially funny when you run into a monster you've fought a hundred times in a different quest than the one you're 'supposed' to first encounter it. Or when you're wearing the damn thing's armor. It's like Ash Ketchum pulling out the pokedex for a pokemon he used to have.

Stygian Tristitia was my favorite 3U weapon and I was sad to see the notes were changed in this one. It'll be a while until I can get the Rajang or Fatalis horns too.

Or the Seregios intro: "Oh shit, that monster is so incredibly dangerous you'd better quit the mission! *back at town* So your next target is that Seregios."

Leezard

Does anyone want to help me with my Gog Urgent?

I'm up for anything after that.

Does anyone feel for helping me with Gog?

I spent 2 hours doing it with randoms but we only succeeded once for the original host of the room, then we failed three times in a row due to the same person carting so everyone left. :(

Scher

Does anyone feel for helping me with Gog?

I spent 2 hours doing it with randoms but we only succeeded once for the original host of the room, then we failed three times in a row due to the same person carting so everyone left. :(

I'd definitely be up for helping out with Gog.

Yeah i'm tired of Rajang always showing up in my quests and i'm only 3 into G =/

An ultra-aggressive creature that is rarely sighted and seldom survived. Survivors report it exhibits a strange attack. The Rajang is said to be a loner, and this isolated life has made it difficult to pin down its territorial leanings.

Rarely sighted my undies! Thing shows up everywhere.

Do I have to complete all those weapon training quests to unlock the caravaneers challenge?

I've pretty much decided that single-player is done for me and I'll never be completing the Caravaneer's Challenge. SUCH a bullshit quest and it's tucked nicely over in "low rank" just to taunt me.

Or the Seregios intro: "Oh shit, that monster is so incredibly dangerous you'd better quit the mission! *back at town* So your next target is that Seregios."

The best part of that was that I forgot traps so I waited and waited for supplies to arrive, went to find the stupid rath I was capturing...and none of it even mattered.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'll swing by if you still need help. Haven't fought him with Gunlance yet, but I have Artillery God, Load Up, Partbreaker, Guard +2, and 760 Defense with Wide 5! We can make this happen!
Ah thanks for the offer, ended up getting it done though

Parshias7

YESSSSSSS, I did it! I got the perfect charm! Guard Up +7 and three slots. It lets me use the Uka-Uka-U armor to get:

Guard +2
Guard Boost
Sharpness +1
Mind's Eye
Weakness Exploit
Tremor Res

Without using any slots on a weapon, so I don't have to mind what weapon I use on what quest. No more charm farming for me!

Anybody know, based on the japanese DLC schedule, if the G rank Silver and Gold Rath event quests will be released soon or not? trying to decide whether I want to build a different fire IG or just wait for silver rath DLC since that one seems better.

R0ckman

I feel like the game tries to imply that your character has some kind of a crush on the Ace Gunner. Chatted with her a few times and it seems like the avatar is always trying to get her to go on a quest with just her and she beats around the bush, finally got one where she indirectly rejects (I guess?) the character by asking to bring cadet as the third wheel. I guess this happens even with the female avatar? Cause the game doesn't recognize gender from what I understand.

YESSSSSSS, I did it! I got the perfect charm! Guard Up +7 and three slots. It lets me use the Uka-Uka-U armor to get:

Guard +2
Guard Boost
Sharpness +1
Mind's Eye
Weakness Exploit
Tremor Res

Without using any slots on a weapon, so I don't have to mind what weapon I use on what quest. No more charm farming for me!

Daaaaaaaaamn that's a good one. Perfect for a SnS/Lance/Gunlance user I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom