• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

every quest has a tab on the left side. green herb is gathering quest. red sword is a hunt. purple shock trap is a capture quest.

there's other tabs that can show up, these show it rewards something special. white bones is a material unlock. blue fish is a food upgrade.

Oh awesome, thanks! Didn't notice that at all, but that's super handy. I was wondering why that little Canteen marker from 3(U) didn't show up any more...

I had a feeling that was the case. I feel pretty stupid about it. Kiranico has it listed as a guild quest...

Is it a caravan quest? Or gathering hall? Because I don't have it in either yet.

See my above post. Advanced quests cycle through which ones show up in your list. Doing another quest changes what you have available.

Scher

Does anyone have a spare guild quest called Advanced: Dragon Attack?

Dragon Attack isn't a guild quest, it's an advanced quest. Advanced quests are unique in that they are on a rotation, so everytime you complete a quest, certain advanced quests will become unavailable for you while other advanced quests become available for you. So like Amethyst said, if you don't see an advanced quest available, just do a quick turn in quest so that you can change what advanced quests are available.

Seil

I had a feeling that was the case. I feel pretty stupid about it. Kiranico has it listed as a guild quest...

Is it a caravan quest? Or gathering hall? Because I don't have it in either yet.

It's a gathering hall advanced quest.

Kiranico's guild quest listing is gathering/elder hall stuff.

HeeHo

Okay, now that I got settled, would anyone care to help me with it?
GH ID: 01 4474 8229 1735

Edit: Passed. Don't need help :B

ohlawd

what the eff these rooms fill fast

Shallie froze on me so I was gonna play some MH ;_;

fine if no one wants my carting ass then /wrists

bobohoro

It's always nice to find a group of randoms that help each other out and get things done.
Now up in G2 and I'm in it for a new armour. Since drops were nice to me (3 Lenses, 2 Los Mantles) I'm eyeing either Regios X, Rath X or Sol Rath X. Making decisions is tough.

And it's kinda ridiculous how many rare materials the Rathalos CB needs and then ends up being only kinda good. Meh.

It's always nice to find a group of randoms that help each other out and get things done.
Now up in G2 and I'm in it for a new armour. Since drops were nice to me (3 Lenses, 2 Los Mantles) I'm eyeing either Regios X, Rath X or Sol Rath X. Making decisions is tough.

And it's kinda ridiculous how many rare materials the Rathalos CB needs and then ends up being only kinda good. Meh.

Yeah, the Rathian fire CB is way better, since it's element phial.

There are better impact phials than Rathalos if that's what you're going for.

bobohoro

Yeah, the Rathian fire CB is way better, since it's element phial.

There are better impact phials than Rathalos if that's what you're going for.

Yeah, Rathian CB is pretty sweet. But need to make every CB anyway, so it's okay. Just saw that it at least has 20% affinity, which takes it up a few spots again. But zero slots. Ah well, I'll find some use for it.

Airan

Are GQ armors any good? I seem to be getting subpar stuff, or at least, the initial def is poor (86 compared to Rare10 101 starting def)

Ristlager

Merydia here. GGs, grats on rank up. Sorry I had to leave. Wasn't expecting free dinner, and I can't refuse that.

No problem. Did Akantor quite easy just the three of us. One tailswipe took all my life. But other than that he fell without much trouble :)

Great hunting, and thanks again!

jorgejjvr

Just did the raging brachydios. He had a few twists but I found that with randoms it didn't seem that bad. Much easier than soloing it. It was definitely much quicker and faster with randoms. Gosh, but I need an immortal reactor >.<

-Alternis

So I've been thinking of getting this soon, but I have a few questions. I've played monster hunter before, but never really gotten around to multiplayer

1. Should I even bother with single player if I get this, or should I just jump straight into multiplayer?
2. What's the opinion on playing with randoms? Is it much better if you're playing with someone you know?
3. What type of practice and work goes into successful teamwork in multiplayer?
4. How easy is it to find people who will hunt with you at this point in time if you're just starting out and need to start small?
5. Is there any general etiquette about things like mining or gathering while on a group hunt?

thanks in advance

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So I've been thinking of getting this soon, but I have a few questions. I've played monster hunter before, but never really gotten around to multiplayer

1. Should I even bother with single player if I get this, or should I just jump straight into multiplayer?
2. What's the opinion on playing with randoms? Is it much better if you're playing with someone you know?
4. How easy is it to find people who will hunt with you at this point in time if you're just starting out and need to start small?
5. Is there any general etiquette about things like mining or gathering while on a group hunt?

thanks in advance
1. You should try single player first, as there is exclusive stuff not available in multiplayer.m
2. Randoms are random. Its better if you play with people you know, like us.
3. In perfect team tactics, do not hit the monster while someone mounts and do not have four of the same weapon types when fighting a monster.
4. People here can pretty much carry you out of low rank if you want.
5. Nope. Just dont gather in the same area as the monster.

ilium

thanks in advance

1. do whatever you like, but you will need to finish the singleplayer in order to get something that is essential for fighting endgame monster. you also unlock/upgrade certain things while playing through the story.
2. it's hit or miss with randoms. playing with people you know is always a better experience.
3. use lifepowder. try not to trip people. don't attack while someone mounts.
4. no idea. should not be difficult if you play with randoms i assume.
5. don't gather while your team is fighting i guess. if you want to gather, do gather missions.

3. In perfect team tactics, do not hit the monster while someone mounts and do not have four of the same weapon types when fighting a monster.

unless it's HBG. ;)

Beats

I want to see a full gunner hunt; those were fun in the demo.

When I was in high rank I did a few hunts with a full gunner/bow users party and a lot of monsters basically couldn't do anything once the first stagger happened. Kept shooting the right spots afterwards and the monsters just kept staggering/toppling over and over.

Haven't had a full party of ranged users since then though. But today we took down Molten Tigrex pretty quickly with just 3 gunners and 1 blademaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom