• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Started yesterday morning, hit G1 today and HR unlocked to 22

This is what happens when you do no village quests and let friends carry you all the way lol

Seil

Go do the speartuna fishing quest and tell me how long it takes.

5 minutes, 1 second. I took the time to dung bomb and get the zamtrios to leave, it stayed around longer than I wanted... The third speartuna was already spawned, just didn't want to risk trying to catch it with a zamtrios causing me trouble. Should've brought smoke bombs.

jorgejjvr

Alright so I have a chameleos guild quest to level up, it's 118 right now, so feel free to join guys, if you have your own quests we can do them as well and share!

34-9525-2219-3650

Pass is 1234

Edit: got disconnected, but if anyone wants in I'll make another

What's the recommended point to do Three Virtues? HR6? Is it possible to do solo while still in High Rank?

I just hit HR4 the other day, and I want that Link armor. D: Also, what's some recommended High Rank gunner armor?

Shengar

Anybody know, based on the japanese DLC schedule, if the G rank Silver and Gold Rath event quests will be released soon or not? trying to decide whether I want to build a different fire IG or just wait for silver rath DLC since that one seems better.
It'll be a while since next we wouldn't get them. I suggest build Ash Kecha IG for fire element because that's the only alternative. Considering its high fire damage, it is a perfect fit for Rath Soul Z.

jorgejjvr

Hmm... According to the Japan schedule, what is in store for us for the upcoming months? A full list would be nice, but knowing what'll release in the next month or two would be fine.

-Alternis

Kazerei

Banned
Did the Kettleblower get nerfed at all? I'm not really certain. In MH3U, it was awesome having a good stat gunner. Made a huge difference in quests like Alatreon and Savage Jho.

tuffy

Did the Kettleblower get nerfed at all? I'm not really certain. In MH3U, it was awesome having a good stat gunner. Made a huge difference in quests like Alatreon and Savage Jho.
The Kettleblower Deluxe still rapid-fires poison lv. 1, para lv. 1 and sleep lv. 1 like the Master Kettleblower, but it lost the poison lv. 2 and para lv. 2 clips of its predecessor. So it's a mild downgrade but probably not enough to make a big difference.

_Clash_

Quick Q for discussion.

I intend to spend the majority of my time in MH4 online playing with my friends. I was thinking about a ranged weapon and so I made a bow out of the blue because of it. So I'm going to take it as a sign. The long range pierce gameplay stood out for me for CO-OP but everything I read tells me it's not going to work for smaller monsters.

Most of the later game is all big monsters and I'll be playing with a team of 4. So pierce bow gameplay will probably be a welcome addition for the high end monsters?

Anyways, if someone reckons I should go spread or rapid shout out. But I think i'm going in with the intention of pierce. Seems like a relaxing distance away to be for the big beasties while the other players can get stressed in close.

It's not something to give... you just do it...

You told me to tell you what I ended up eating. I had:

-Way too much beer
- A mixture of baileys and spicy patron (it had cayenne in it) that tasted fucking delicious
-rice, because filipinos can't live without it
-shrimp, slow cooked on a grill
-ribs, best fucking ribs I've ever had in my life.

All in all, worth giving up 4 hours of Monster Hunter, and I even got an offline G Diablos done while waiting on the grill to heat. Best of all, I didn't pay for a damn thing/

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
My buddy and I had the following exchange before coffee break today, too funny not to share

CARRejWUwAE8kVx.jpg:large

Mupod

I swear I just 'know' when I'm about to carve something good. Like right now when I carved a seregios lens after doing the caravan g rank one. Looking forward to trying his LBG out but holy shit I am broke and I'm not even close to finishing my molten tigrex gun.

I swear I just 'know' when I'm about to carve something good. Like right now when I carved a seregios lens after doing the caravan g rank one. Looking forward to trying his LBG out but holy shit I am broke and I'm not even close to finishing my molten tigrex gun.

After upgrading all my weapons to Rarity 9 (besides ice, goddamn stygian tails), I was down to 50k until I sold all my rarity 5 weapons from Ancient Shards.

I kept one of each, but I had so many of each, and those all only have one upgrade path except the bowgun, so it's safe to sell extras.

I had like 700k in pink weapons.

Shengar

Anybody up for some Kirin or Elder Dragons with fancy soundtrack? Need to reward myself after slogging through a terrible class, urggh

oakenhild

Just did my first HR4 quest with randoms (Rathian), and it ended in a triple cart quickly. Not sure if they didn't bring potions or what. I have a feeling high rank is going to test my patience with randoms.

Mupod

After upgrading all my weapons to Rarity 9 (besides ice, goddamn stygian tails), I was down to 50k until I sold all my rarity 5 weapons from Ancient Shards.

I kept one of each, but I had so many of each, and those all only have one upgrade path except the bowgun, so it's safe to sell extras.

I had like 700k in pink weapons.

Oh right I have a nice pile of those. I usually sell them after mining though.

I also have 2353252512532532 useless talismans because I was too lazy to sort through them until recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom