• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunky

Well, I thought I wouldn't be playing any MonHun online because my room is too far from the WiFi router to pick up a stable connection.

Then I discovered this (free):
www.virtualrouterplus.com
(Windows 7 & 8)

Without any additional hardware, I turned my notebook (which can reach the router) into another access point and yesterday I successfully played MH4U online :D (lol HR1 quests). Before I was only able to if I was on the toilet downstairs...

Kinda funny because this partially reminds me how much I had to setup to get Xlink Kai working back in the old days xD

Anyway, I thought I'd share this if anyone was in the same boat. I feel MH is going to overtake my LoL time now :)

Thank you so much chap, this is a life saver!
I've had to play online in my front room and since I end up only really being able to play MonHun in bed, this is super useful. Cheers!

Dreavus

A Wyvern Scalp shouldn't be this hard to get in high rank. Apparently it's a 60% chance to drop if you bust up Daiymo's shell, but I have done 6 kills with nothing to show for it. Going for something actually hard to find like a ruby/gem later on is going to be hell.

Normally I wouldn't farm like this (yet), and just keep going, but I need it for an IG upgrade which are few and far between. :(

Prototype

Just got a Destroyer + 5/Handicraft + 7 and two slots charm using GaijinHunter's Rathalos Subquest method. Feel pretty good. Honestly the first good charm I think I've ever gotten from regular mining runs since I started playing MH in Tri. And I pretty much just did it on a whim without any gathering armor skills.

I was having a real shitty day, too. Funny how ridiculously small things like getting a good drop in a game can make you feel alot better pretty quickly.
What's the method?

What's the method?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3JjWCMOCdU

Basically, you go into this G2 quest with a charmer set and a glaive (any level of glaive works, even starters), eat for Felyne Explorer and do a simple a fast route to hit a bunch of potentially rare mining spots, and skip the ones that aren't rare. After you hit all the areas you go to where the Rathalos is, which is completely predictable, and mount him twice.

No matter your weapon, successfully mounting twice will break his back, completing the subquest. You immediately finish via subquest and keep all the stuff you mined and get a few basic rath parts.

It's pretty fast and even without a charmer or gathering set I was able to get a fair few enduring charms every run. Some runs better than others but obviously it worked out for me, although I was pretty lucky that I got a very good charm on basically my 5th run.

SuperSah

Banned
Thanks to Gaijin Hunter, I now know how to actually use a bow.

Distance for particular shots is vital to ensure maximum damage, such as being mid-range when using rapid shots. They land with more impact and can actually down a monster.

Yesss

Juraash

What a difference a day can make. I fire up the A.Rath/Tigrex key quest in G2 again today and finished it in about 25 minutes with only one cart. Got a few tigrex mantles for my trouble. G-Rank Azure is an ass, I was hoping to get his set but it doesn't seem so great for GS anyways so I'm just gonna pass. In any case, it seems like my hunts go much smoother when I'm at the house alone and there's no external stimuli. I get in a zone and everything goes much smoother.

Still have a handful of keys to do before I can attempt a push at G3 and I'm sure there will be some roadblocks between now and then. That Brachy/Stygian one looks like it'll be bad, but we'll see when I get there.

Also just wanted to say thanks for the offers of help last night. I was just too frustrated at that point to continue.

Condom

Getting frustrated with the online. Can't pass HR7 because everybody keeps failing the quests. WTF

Everybody makes mistakes but wtf is with 0 quests being completed, how do people ever go to G rank?

I have played single player the whole week and can't do much more there, I need G rank progression. :(

jorgejjvr

Getting frustrated with the online. Can't pass HR6 because everybody keeps failing the quests. WTF

Everybody makes mistakes but wtf is with 0 quests being completed, how do people ever go to G rank?

I have played single player the whole week and can't do much more there, I need G rank progression. :(
Got a room? Maybe I can help for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom