• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where there's a list of all of the required quests for each HR rank? I'm only HR2 and I cleared a ton of the quests with a group but still no urgent. I don't need anything from the HR2 monsters so I'd like to move on, randomly guessing at what might be required gets frustrating. Especially when, like I said, I don't really need anything from any of the HR2 quests.

deim0s

Does anyone know where there's a list of all of the required quests for each HR rank? I'm only HR2 and I cleared a ton of the quests with a group but still no urgent. I don't need anything from the HR2 monsters so I'd like to move on, randomly guessing at what might be required gets frustrating. Especially when, like I said, I don't really need anything from any of the HR2 quests.

Go to http://kiranico.com/mh4u

Are you making sure to be on point with your interrupts in first phase? If you do it right you should never see "The Dragon Ship's durability is down to 50%" in phase 1.

Timing ballista binder, gong, and dragonator properly should let you avoid all but 1 or 2 major ship attacks in phase 1.
i have the gong and dragonator timed right (gong for belly flop and the other for the front attack). It must be the binder that trips me I guess.

i have the gong and dragonator timed right (gong for belly flop and the other for the front attack). It must be the binder that trips me I guess.

I binder the ship sidetackle that has the big windup. There are two kinds. One is basically instant.

But the other, he sways away from the ship pretty far, then rams it. That takes a lot of ship durability.

Also, I don't bother with regular ballista. Just cannon and regular attacks. That way when binder is up, I can just mash A on a ballista to ready the binder. Otherwise you'll end up getting screwed by accidentally firing regular ballista when you want to bind.

Mzo

The Monster Hunter wiki page has the key quests clearly labeled.

Juraash

Pushed a little father into G2 keys today. Unlocked Diablos for my key quest and in caravan. Definitely think I'll farm him as that set seems pretty god tier for GS. Hopefully I'll see G3 by the end of the weekend.

Beartruck

Got a real bad random tonight. I'm going back through HR2 quests wrapping them up before I try to move to high rank, and I get someone coming into my room and posting a quest for a rank above mine. Said guy was rocking armor with no active skills, so it's pretty clear he piggybacked his way there. Booted him, he came back, booted again, and he came back again. Finally just had to text "Seriously, no thanks.". Eesh, some people.

yami4ct

Got a real bad random tonight. I'm going back through HR2 quests wrapping them up before I try to move to high rank, and I get someone coming into my room and posting a quest for a rank above mine. Said guy was rocking armor with no active skills, so it's pretty clear he piggybacked his way there. Booted him, he came back, booted again, and he came back again. Finally just had to text "Seriously, no thanks.". Eesh, some people.

Maybe it's just the increase in the game's popularity, but I've had way more bad randoms than I ever did in 3U. Granted, they drop off heavily after rank 5, but you still get the occasional bad one.

My least favorite is the people like you had were the come in your room and demand you do their quest right now. Even worse is when they demand it after you already set the active and leave as soon as you say no or not until after.

There's a block user option, were you tempted to try it on that person?

Dreavus

Is there a good gathering set to use in high rank? I noticed there is no high rank "leather" equivalent like there is for some of the other buyable armor.

I just made a low rank set despite being in high rank and the difference after doing a few harvest tours is crazy. I would prefer not to be annihilated by any big monster if I fail to avoid them though.

Dreavus

Maybe it's just the increase in the game's popularity, but I've had way more bad randoms than I ever did in 3U. Granted, they drop off heavily after rank 5, but you still get the occasional bad one.

My least favorite is the people like you had were the come in your room and demand you do their quest right now. Even worse is when they demand it after you already set the active and leave as soon as you say no or not until after.

Honestly why don't these guys just make their own room. I don't understand the thought process.

yami4ct

Honestly why don't these guys just make their own room. I don't understand the thought process.

Too impatient/lazy. If they created their own room, they'd have to wait for someone to join instead of sniping a room with 2-3 people in it.

It seems like a lot of people here are on the other side of the planet, most of the groups are happening when I'm either asleep or at work.

I'm just an idiot that's up way too late.

colinp

Banned
I'm still early in Caravan and am now using the hammer. I have enough slots for one skill.. Any recommendations?

I heard there was one to plug your ears against monster roars...? I can't find anything like that on my list. Am I missiing something?

Otherwise, what's best for hammer?

yami4ct

What's left when you have beaten all the apex monsters?
Will they be rolling out more difficult monsters with the DLC?

They certainly rolled some nasty stuff in through DLC last time. I think at that point in the game, if you want to keep going, the path is to learn new weapons. Build up your armor of new weapons, have fun learning to play all over again and just hunt with people for fun.

I'm still early in Caravan and am now using the hammer. I have enough slots for one skill.. Any recommendations?

I heard there was one to plug your ears against monster roars...? I can't find anything like that on my list. Am I missiing something?

Otherwise, what's best for hammer?

There's a skill Hearing that has two levels. Earplugs and HG Earplugs. Some monsters have extra loud roars that go through regular plugs. As for recommendations, Earplugs would be a good one. I always like Handicraft (Sharpness+1), but that requires Jho materials so you won't be able to do that probably. Going for Evade Dist (Evade Extender) or Attack Up are usually my other go tos.

Waikis

They certainly rolled some nasty stuff in through DLC last time. I think at that point in the game, if you want to keep going, the path is to learn new weapons. Build up your armor of new weapons, have fun learning to play all over again and just hunt with people for fun.

I already have my end game gears for GS and Horn... maybe I should build bow now..

Level 140 Guild Quests are probably the hardest content in the game, but they're also bringing in stuff like White Fatalis through DLC.

Does it give you anything other than a sense of accomplishment though? I need my loot carrot stick to keep going

yami4ct

I already have my end game gears for GS and Horn... maybe I should build bow now..

Range is always a good way to add some variety if you're coming from Melee. It really is like a whole different game. You could also try learning Switch Axe, Long Sword, Insect Glave, Dual Blades or Charge Blade as those are all pretty involved weapons that are significantly different from what you were doing.

colinp

Banned

There's a skill Hearing that has two levels. Earplugs and HG Earplugs. Some monsters have extra loud roars that go through regular plugs. As for recommendations, Earplugs would be a good one. I always like Handicraft (Sharpness+1), but that requires Jho materials so you won't be able to do that probably. Going for Evade Dist (Evade Extender) or Attack Up are usually my other go tos.

Cool, thanks!

Edit: am I crazy? I don't see hearing on the list! What page is it on?

yami4ct

Ah of course, should have known! Hah, thanks again! ;)

I don't blame you for missing it. Requiring you to have a specific mat for an important thing like a jewel to pop up is stupid. One of the weird esoteric aspects of MH. I get it when it comes to armors as it allows the list to not be insanely clogged form the get go, but on jewels it's dumb. Also what you need for a new armor set from a monster is immediately apparent, and for jewels it's inherently more nebulous.

Is it the case that you can't take any of the secondary Palicoes on a quest unless the Main one goes as well?

Also, are you invincible between a quest being completed, and the quest ending?

The hammer I made with the Super Mushrooms has a little icon next to it, 2 orange circles diagonal from one another, no idea what that means.

Is it the case that you can't take any of the secondary Palicoes on a quest unless the Main one goes as well?

Also, are you invincible between a quest being completed, and the quest ending?

The hammer I made with the Super Mushrooms has a little icon next to it, 2 orange circles diagonal from one another, no idea what that means.

1. Yeah, Main always has to go.

2. You can't take damage but you can be knocked around.

3. Fire element for cats maybe? Yeah, just checked, fire element for a palico weapon.

Elija2

Wow, so I just discovered that if you go to Sunsnug Isle you can actually play a Meownster Hunter minigame. I've always just been going to my Housekeeper and doing it that way. Are there any benefits to doing the minigame?

Wow, so I just discovered that if you go to Sunsnug Isle you can actually play a Meownster Hunter minigame. I've always just been going to my Housekeeper and doing it that way. Are there any benefits to doing the minigame?

It's more likely that you win if you manually control it. It's a rock paper scissors game at heart but high rank monsters eventually start requiring cat skills like Unreal Blocker and Skill Technician beyond just Yellow>Red, Blue>Yellow, Red>Blue

Ken

If you go to sunsnug you can also fish every 3 "days"...which is pretty important for bombs and ammo.

Does it give you anything other than a sense of accomplishment though? I need my loot carrot stick to keep going

The best weaponry comes from level 140 Guild Quests, but they drop directly from the quest rather than being crafted. But yeah, there's still more loot to be had from those quests.

Demoli

Rajang is the most bullshit monster in the game holy fuck. Dude is unfair to ridiculous extremes.

At least Rock with Wings goes down eventually and ha some openings, this goddamn demon monkey goat just hops around constantly.

Lv 140 must be some grade A bull

Prototype

Excellent session tonight. Got my GS GQ up to 140, and got some really great stuff.

Handicraft 5, Attack 10 is pretty nice. Even got some purple raw GS.

Xater

Hit HR3 with some randoms this morning. Good fun. Think it's maybe time to think about a different armor? I m still using my Tetsucabra one and I need something for the Great Sword.

Finally made the Grand God armor set with the Demonlord GS! Took a while to get those darn horns, but it was all worth it since Rajang is one of my favorite monsters to hunt.

7A6F236C-F3CA-4EB6-B2AA-FE9A51315354.jpg

AC43E3D1-8F9D-4AEC-88DA-95CFE15CD892.jpg

CDE7470D-4160-4A8F-842F-4E397DF73406.jpg

I'd rather have Focus than Punishing Draw, so it's time to go Charm farming! I ain't all about to mixed set life :p

J0dy77

You should have low rank Expeditions unlocked on the world map now. You'll need to do that once or twice to continue progressing in the caravan.

Guild Quests are received from expeditions and undertaken from the gathering hall.

Thank you for clearing that up. I had a blast playing for hours yesterday. I haven't played a monster hunter game since psp ultimate.

I'll dig into the expeditions.

Amazing how well this works on the new 3ds. Love the 3d and the second stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom