• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimChi

Made a room, is anyone available to help with Dalamadur urgent?
could do anything else afterwards.
ID:67-7059-4310-8220
pw:1234

J0dy77

I finished up the first two tiers of quests in val halla. Where do I go from here? It mentioned something about guild quests but not sure where those are? Are they different from the gathering hall quests?

Seil

I finished up the first two tiers of quests in val halla. Where do I go from here? It mentioned something about guild quests but not sure where those are? Are they different from the gathering hall quests?

You should have low rank Expeditions unlocked on the world map now. You'll need to do that once or twice to continue progressing in the caravan.

Guild Quests are received from expeditions and undertaken from the gathering hall.

Alright, it's fucking 8:25 pm central time but I had some amazing curry earlier that knocked me the fuck out. It's time to hunt monsters, boys.

I need G Diablos (must cut tails), and also G Daora (also need tails).

I'll also help with whatever you happen to need as long as we alternate.

51-3807-7242-5122

So I had some time to kill before going to work and started the 7* advance mohran quest. Where's that I made a huge mistake gif when you need it?

First time I soloed that, I killed it with 26 seconds left.

7* Mohran is how Mohran SHOULD be.
26 seconds? You must have been able to land a lot of hits on him. I put it on pause with I think less than 5 minutes left. This one has to be killed right since I don't see a repel on the quest info.

tuffy

26 seconds? You must have been able to land a lot of hits on him. I put it on pause with I think less than 5 minutes left. This one has to be killed right since I don't see a repel on the quest info.
The main objective of all the Mohran quests is "Slay Dah'ren Mohran or repel it." So timing out should be okay if you can keep the ship in one piece.

Strategy:

Eat for bombardier.
Unload all cannonballs they give you in phase 1.
DO NOT MISS WITH THE DRAGONATOR.

If you dragonate at the earliest possible time each time it's available, you should be able to hit him with it 3 times total.

Absolutely necessary if you want the kill with only high rank gear.

Now I can kill him with 10+ minutes to spare, but before, I'd only get the repel if I only hit with 2 nators.

Strategy:

Eat for bombardier.
Unload all cannonballs they give you in phase 1.
DO NOT MISS WITH THE DRAGONATOR.

If you dragonate at the earliest possible time each time it's available, you should be able to hit him with it 3 times total.

Absolutely necessary if you want the kill with only high rank gear.

Now I can kill him with 10+ minutes to spare, but before, I'd only get the repel if I only hit with 2 nators.
Yeah I'm still rocking my poor rare 7 weapons.

Shengar

Alright, it's fucking 8:25 pm central time but I had some amazing curry earlier that knocked me the fuck out. It's time to hunt monsters, boys.

I need G Diablos (must cut tails), and also G Daora (also need tails).

I'll also help with whatever you happen to need as long as we alternate.

51-3807-7242-5122

Why you create a room while I'm struggling against my new nemesis? D:

caesar

Banned
Yup. While most usually have the same skills, there's also gunner analogues to blademaster skills and vice versa. The other differences between the two is that gunner armor has way less defense than blademaster. Also different look.
Ah right I see, does armour encumber in this game?

Ken

Ah right I see, does armour encumber in this game?

Nope, not in the traditional sense. There's no concept of weight limits. However there is a skill called Stamina and if you have the bad version of it (for having too many negative points in it) you consume Stamina more quickly from actions so it's kind of like a fake encumber? But no, outside of skill points, you won't be penalized for wearing armor that looks like plate over lighter looking armor.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill/stamina

caesar

Banned
Nope, not in the traditional sense. There's no concept of weight limits. However there is a skill called Stamina and if you have the bad version of it (for having too many negative points in it) you consume Stamina more quickly from actions so it's kind of like a fake encumber? But no, you won't be penalized for wearing armor that looks like plate over lighter armor with the exception of skills.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill/stamina

Okay thanks, couple more tthings... I have done every low rank caravan quest except the fishing ones. Should I do these? Honestly I find them more frustrating then the egg delivery quests.

Also, I used tetsu armour and the dear lutemis cb all through low rank. Can you recommend a good weap and armour for starting high?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Okay thanks, couple more tthings... I have done every low rank caravan quest except the fishing ones. Should I do these? Honestly I find them more frustrating then the egg delivery quests.

Also, I used tetsu armour and the dear lutemis cb all through low rank. Can you recommend a good weap and armour for starting high?
You almost always want to start with High Rank Jaggi armor because it provides defense way higher than any low rank armor and is pretty easy to obtain,

Dreavus

Yup any of the "pack" raptor armor sets are good choices since they're pretty easy to kill and obtain right away. I've been using Velociprey for my time in high rank so far and it's been solid. I was able to gem to attack up (XL) and have auto tracker from the extra points in psychic it gives and a matching Talisman. The only resistance to worry about is Ice, so it's a great all-rounder.

KimChi

Thanks for joining the room earlier guys, had to leave for dinner.
anyone available for ukanlos urgent?
Can continue doing more non key quests after or something else.

id:33-4664-6385-5370

removed pw

Alright, one opening in my room of highly accomplished hunters of monsters
HawthorneKitty and Shengar, not me ;p

51-3807-7242-5122

We've been doing G1-G3 stuff, including urgents. We take turns posting quests.

yami4ct

Had a very productive day. Upgraded my Flick Axe all the way to the end of its paralysis line. That weapon is insane. Also got to work on the Zinogre Axe and finishing up the Magala axe, because I want options.

Now my Sergeios Armor is feeling old. Need to get to work on my next G-Rank set. Any suggestions? Only real requirements I have is Evade Extender and I have a +5 decoration for that, so I can easily jewel the rest of the way.

Shengar

Alright, one opening in my room of highly accomplished hunters of monsters
HawthorneKitty and Shengar, not me ;p

51-3807-7242-5122

We've been doing G1-G3 stuff, including urgents. We take turns posting quests.
I'm in bad form today. Got humiliated by Savage Jho, Ash Kecha, then that Chameleos just now.

So, i farmed HR Kushala a bit, and kind of want his armor, which would get me fast charge with 5 free element and 3 handicraft, but my resistances would be:

-10 fire
10 water
-25 thunder
25 ice
-30 dragon

I don't -think- that would be an issue in G1, but i defer to those who would know better. It'd have 10 slots and i've got some 3 slot talismans.

I could also just make some of his weapons.

Otherwise i might just try and farm up a gold or silver set. Getting pretty tired of my Gravios U stuff, and i'm itching for something new.

So, i farmed HR Kushala a bit, and kind of want his armor, which would get me fast charge with 5 free element and 3 handicraft, but my resistances would be:

-10 fire
10 water
-25 thunder
25 ice
-30 dragon

I don't -think- that would be an issue in G1, but i defer to those who would know better. It'd have 10 slots and i've got some 3 slot talismans.

I could also just make some of his weapons.

Otherwise i might just try and farm up a gold or silver set. Getting pretty tired of my Gravios U stuff, and i'm itching for something new.

In G rank, having less than -10 or -15 to an element the monster uses = one shot, basically. BUT, it still doesn't matter because you just need to eat for resistance.

Eating for ice res+ice breaker turns my -20 ice res into +8.

Did that fishing quest, and killed my first large Monster, a Seltas for the Bug Burger quest.Took me 35 minutes, 4 mini-whetstones, 3 paintballs and all of my supply items. Much tougher than I thought it'd be.

Starting to get onto the gear path, got my eye on a Celestial Sword (need a Seltas Shell) and some Bnahabra Boots (which look awesome). Problem is, it seems I can only carve Bnahabra corpses when I kill them with poison, and I don't think I have any poison weapons, even amongst ammo for the ranged weapons. May have to put that on the backburner for now.

If I fight a Seltas in an unrelated quest, will it be just as strong as the one I beat just now?

burgerdog

Made a room to help rank up a friend, starting HR4 fresh. Feel free to join if you need rank, are bored or just want to help.

50-6248-5822-7442

So I uh, overestimated the status of my boat and yeah, stupid mohran broke my boat with a damn belly flop with less than 10 seconds left :/

Shengar

So I uh, overestimated the status of my boat and yeah, stupid mohran broke my boat with a damn belly flop with less than 10 seconds left :/
Several tips against Mohran:
-Eat meat and milk for Felyne Bombardier
-Take everything off the chest very quickly, and you should be able to fire cannon two times before it invites you to board its back.
-Have Felyne with skills that increase their artillery damage and switch 1st stringers into attack forte for demon horn
-Bring mighty seed and gulped it constantly, it make ton of difference
-It's preferable to attack Mohran with your weapon than bombarding it if you happen to have weapon with either dragon or thunder element
-During final showdown, shoot binder ballista as soon as it in range
-Only hit hunter gong during final showdown when it's about to do belly flop. Time your gong right, and Mohran will be down and you can go to its mouth for two carves or dealing massive damage

Several tips against Mohran:
-Eat meat and milk for Felyne Bombardier
-Take everything off the chest very quickly, and you should be able to fire cannon two times before it invites you to board its back.
-Have Felyne with skills that increase their artillery damage and switch 1st stringers into attack forte for demon horn
-Bring mighty seed and gulped it constantly, it make ton of difference
-It's preferable to attack Mohran with your weapon than bombarding it if you happen to have weapon with either dragon or thunder element
-During final showdown, shoot binder ballista as soon as it in range
-Only hit hunter gong during final showdown when it's about to do belly flop. Time your gong right, and Mohran will be down and you can go to its mouth for two carves or dealing massive damage

The 2nd HR7 Mohran "More Mohran" never lets you board in first phase.

Oh I know how to fight him since it's just a narwhal version of Jhen from 3U, just need to hit him more and yeah I will swap to attack cats. Didn't think about doing that.

Oh I know how to fight him since it's just a narwhal version of Jhen from 3U, just need to hit him more and yeah I will swap to attack cats. Didn't think about doing that.

Are you making sure to be on point with your interrupts in first phase? If you do it right you should never see "The Dragon Ship's durability is down to 50%" in phase 1.

Timing ballista binder, gong, and dragonator properly should let you avoid all but 1 or 2 major ship attacks in phase 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom