• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, if people are this quick, I don't know if I'll have anyone to go online with for some co-op at a later point. :(

Sounds like you and me may be in the same boat... maybe we should try out MP together some time? I'll be able to play MP starting next Friday night - I'm busy until then. Hit me up with a private message if you're interested. Or maybe we could figure out a group of people who are progressing more slowly in the game to play with.

Pachimari

Sounds like you and me may be in the same boat... maybe we should try out MP together some time? I'll be able to play MP starting next Friday night - I'm busy until then. Hit me up with a private message if you're interested. Or maybe we could figure out a group of people who are progressing more slowly in the game to play with.

I'm up for that.
But I gotta call Bergsala/Nintendo tomorrow, so they can transfer my Nintendo ID first.

Maybe you can send me your Nintendo ID in a private message so I won't forget?

Regarding crafting amours, is it true that it's best to craft and equip the armors in the same series, cuz it will give out bonus effects?

Kuntz

Woah, if people are this quick, I don't know if I'll have anyone to go online with for some co-op at a later point. :(

Don't worry about that, some of us just do any quest for fun, for example I managed to get hr100+ in mh3u just by playing with people, never farmed any set, just used gunning skills in mismatched armor (yeah, that's heresy for some but I loved it that way), also ammo is expensive!

Even HR999 It'll be a pleasure to quest with hr1 people.

Raide

Regarding crafting amours, is it true that it's best to craft and equip the armors in the same series, cuz it will give out bonus effects?

Each piece of a set adds armour skills. Add them all up and some give a bonus but mix and match sets can work if you need particular skills. Sometimes you only need a max level of a skill and any more is just a waste of added points.

Kane1345

Some players like to do the key quests and jump rank as fast as possible to get to G Rank etc cause that's what they like :) Personally me and my group of friends are doing every quest in the Guild Hall and helping each other grind out gear and weapons because we have more fun that way. Honestly the game suits many playstyles but everyone is having fun. I don't think you have to worry much, there will always be people to co-op with

H1PSTER

He's dead Jim.

ECleUbu.jpg

Each piece of a set adds armour skills. Add them all up and some give a bonus but mix and match sets can work if you need particular skills. Sometimes you only need a max level of a skill and any more is just a waste of added points.

I remember with a couple of armor sets in MH3U that a piece or two from other sets would work better for certain skills than simply using all of the armor pieces from the same set. Generally if you want certain skill then yes it is usually best to get the skills all from the same set - but there is a LOT of room for customization with mixing and matching sets. Which I found to be a good thing personally...

Hmmmm got my cover plate yesterday. Unfortunately it's glossy and attracts fingerprints unlike the standard one that comes with the system. :(
Still nice to look at!

BTW just slayed my first Tetsukabra! Wasn't very hard, but since he was in the demo, I was expecting as much.

Where can I get a charging thing like that? What's it called?

Also, would it work for the new ds xl?

Some players like to do the key quests and jump rank as fast as possible to get to G Rank etc cause that's what they like :) Personally me and my group of friends are doing every quest in the Guild Hall and helping each other grind out gear and weapons because we have more fun that way. Honestly the game suits many playstyles but everyone is having fun. I don't think you have to worry much, there will always be people to co-op with

If it's like MH3U you can jump in month later and find low rank lobbies. Bought my Wii U August 2013.

Where can I get a charging thing like that? What's it called?

Also, would it work for the new ds xl?
Official charging cradle both for regular and xl.

Was doing an expedition which had G Jaggi and Seltas. Got them both and also discovered that those monsters respawn. Neat! Then as I was heading to the wagon a wild Tetsucabra appeared! Had one potion so I noped out pretty quick. It's cool that other monsters than the ones called out will show up. I love expeditions!

Chromax

My regular copy should be here later today. Also have a CE copy coming that won't be here till like end of the month. I can pretty much start playing the regular copy right away right? Since there's nothing game content wise I see exclusive to the CE?

Raide

There isn't but there's an npc that functions like Moga Farm.

Ahh that makes sense. Do you just give him the items and he makes more like the farm or is the process different?

Question for the people that got the MH4 N3DS. Does the game come pre-installed on the unit?

MegaMelon

Welp, finally beat that emerald congalala. NEVER AGAIN. Seriously, that was almost as bad as Hipcheck...I mean plesioth. The cephalos was pretty awesome though, I felt bad killing it. Done pink rathian as well, the fight was trivial, maybe because the Insect Glaive is so good. Looking forward to that elder dragon fight, against
Kushala Daora
. If only you didn't have to spend so long getting all the various bits and bobs.

If it's like MH3U you can jump in month later and find low rank lobbies. Bought my Wii U August 2013.

Official charging cradle both for regular and xl.

Hate to be a pain but ive tried google and looking for one that would work with the New 3ds XL that came out.. would anyone happen to have a link to help me? I don't want to order an incompatible one.

microfolk

Does anybody have any idea about what are the requisites to drop pinnacle coins in the arena quests?
I need the helper set in my life and I'm ready to farm the Yan Kut-Ku and the Kecha Wacha again and again with suboptimal times and dropping one of their respective coins at a time, but so far I've dropped 2 Pinnacle Coins the first time I killed the Yan and I need thirteen more.

So.. do I grab it now?

or do I wait for E3 and the inevitable MH4UHD For Wii U?

I kinda think if they really made a Wii U version it would have been with G/U tbh. And even then (I really don't think this happens), if you're into MH a bit you would want both versions anyway. On the go and at home > *.

Raide

Does anybody have any idea about what are the requisites to drop pinnacle coins in the arena quests?
I need the helper set in my life and I'm ready to farm the Yan Kut-Ku and the Kecha Wacha again and again with suboptimal times and dropping one of their respective coins at a time, but so far I've dropped 2 Pinnacle Coins the first time I killed the Yan and I need thirteen more.

I cannot remember if its more S rank stuff or arena's with 2 or more monsters in it. Online helps too.

Not sure what I want to do today. OH right, is there any small monster that gives monster fluid or am i stuck fighting big ones?

*edit: nvm, I forgot about the bugs and poison bombs.

Leezard

Ahh that makes sense. Do you just give him the items and he makes more like the farm or is the process different?

Question for the people that got the MH4 N3DS. Does the game come pre-installed on the unit?

It works exactly like the farm, from what I can tell from my use of it.

microfolk

I cannot remember if its more S rank stuff or arena's with 2 or more monsters in it. Online helps too.

My first Arena Quest evern was solo against the Yan and I've got a A, but I still dropped 2 pinnacle coins. After that I did the quest again with a Friend and we've still got an A but this time no pinnacle coin at all.
I also got a B using another weapon but even this time I didn't drop the coin. :\ Maybe it has got a very low drop chance?

Grab it now. It's not inevitable. :(

Unfortunately yeah... Capcom said they have now everything they wanted in the 3ds version as well so there is no need for a Wii U version. Which is kinda an excuse and lie imo. Missing the voice chat and keyboard support. But you can't help it, still enjoying it on 3ds.

Prototype

There will always be people to play with at any level.

People rushing through the game either don't have jobs, school, or relationships, or are kids. Not trying to hate on those rushing, but chances are they fit into one or more of the above categories.

I've always taken my time in each MH and finished offline before going online and it's never been a problem finding rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom