• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

I'm liking the Nerscylla HBG - good attack power, good affinity, fast reloads speeds. It also seems like they've also toned mild deviation way down. It used to be easy to spot the shots curving at any deviation level, but now they barely curve until well out of effective range.

ilium

now i just need to figure out why my preset chat messages are all in german even though my 3ds and mh4u are in english. >>

so I realize I don't need a new 3ds to make this game easier to control

what I need is a circle pad pro, but apparently, they don't sell them in stores?
I have a best buy, target and walmart down the block from me, plus 4 games stops with in 15 minutes of me, and not one has a circle pad pro

is that normal?

I live in a very high populated area, I'm not in the sticks

I don't think the CPP XL was ever sold in stores; pretty sure it's a Nintendo shop online exclusive. The regular one was Gamestop only I believe, but hasn't been available in quite a while. Might want to check out Hori's circle pad too. It's designed to let you use the extra slide pad with your left index finger, replicating the good old claw from the PSP.

jorgejjvr

I have a couple of questions. First, can you only get the MH4U 3DS theme if you get the digital version of the game? It doesn't seem to be on sale in the theme shop.

Also, what is the best way to acquire regular blue armor spheres? I'm getting tons of armor sphere pluses, but not regular ones.

Rurunaki

Is upgrading to the new 3ds worth it? My game is like waiting on the corner being I hate how Nintendo does it's transfer system if I ever do buy a new 3ds xl.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
so I realize I don't need a new 3ds to make this game easier to control

what I need is a circle pad pro, but apparently, they don't sell them in stores?
I have a best buy, target and walmart down the block from me, plus 4 games stops with in 15 minutes of me, and not one has a circle pad pro

is that normal?

I live in a very high populated area, I'm not in the sticks

I bought mine off Amazon years ago when MH3U launched. Was a Japanese import sold by Amazon, but that doesn't matter. I just checked and there are plenty available for less than $20 from 3rd party sellers on the site right now.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is upgrading to the new 3ds worth it? My game is like waiting on the corner being I hate how Nintendo does it's transfer system if I ever do buy a new 3ds xl.

The visuals, loading, framerate, and 3D effect are all improved. Not by a large margin, but noticeable.

I still prefer the CPP though on the old XL as the grip and triggers are far more comfy than using the New 3DS XL by itself. Kind of uncomfortable actually given how thin the system is and the triggers are so tiny(and used so often).

What's the difference between the guild and getting quests in the town?

Guild quests are multiplayer quests and are basically their own thing. Guild quests also sport stronger, higher health monsters to accomodate multiplayer. So while you could pheasable fight htings faster if you solo'd guild quests, it'd be rough.

------------

I was not prepared for Gor on single player. I went in with thrice upgraded Tetsu armor(23~ armor each) and a rathian charge blade lv1. Was a fight for survival like i've not experienced before. Actually the pink gorilla/hippo thing was really rough but it was still over within maybe 12 minutes. I dunno what to do a this point. I'd love to farm gor but that seems unlikely. Suggestions? (Other than get gud, i know that already :*( )

ilium

I was not prepared for Gor on single player. I went in with thrice upgraded Tetsu armor(23~ armor each) and a rathian charge blade lv1. Was a fight for survival like i've not experienced before. Actually the pink gorilla/hippo thing was really rough but it was still over within maybe 12 minutes. I dunno what to do a this point. I'd love to farm gor but that seems unlikely. Suggestions? (Other than get gud, i know that already :*( )

try to get a group for him and farm online.

PKrockin

I have a couple of questions. First, can you only get the MH4U 3DS theme if you get the digital version of the game? It doesn't seem to be on sale in the theme shop.

Also, what is the best way to acquire regular blue armor spheres? I'm getting tons of armor sphere pluses, but not regular ones.
I've carved a lot of armor spheres from that little insect-like monster that rolls into you. Konchus?

georly

I've crafted my first ever set of armour.

I love this game, I disliked MH3U and eventually gave up on it but this is so awesome.

The more people learning the monster hunter love the better. We've been trying to tell people for years that this series is great, but no one gets it until it clicks. And when it clicks, you're a hunter for life.

Same happened to me, i tried to play Freedom Unite, couldn't get into it, gave it another try in... Tri... and fell in love. Hunter for life now.

blackflag

What am i missing with the cook? I'm at 3 star offline quests and he still won't cook me anything. I've played MH since freedom unite and I feel dumb for not figuring this out

Wookieomg

Taking my sweet time with this one, but been going online a bit. Farming monsters to get full armor sets, not really ranking up that quickly. If anyone else is going at a slow, steady pace and wouldn't mind joining up for some co-op hunting action, PM me or let me know. :)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
What am i missing with the cook? I'm at 3 star offline quests and he still won't cook me anything. I've played MH since freedom unite and I feel dumb for not figuring this out
Sit at the table ;)

I had the same issue. I think 3U had a bar you sat at, infront of the cook? So this one took me a while!

bobohoro

Are you sitting at the table or speaking directly to him? Took me a few minutes to realise you have to sit down to actually eat.

Lance is my main. I think a lot of people don't like it because it is, by design, a much more defensive and slow weapon. Lance + SA = best.

I will sub it for G-Rank, probably. While CB is hella fun and destructive solo, I can see it getting in the way on higher levels and better coordinated groups. Counterlancing is so much more productive and fun.

Cerity

Has anyone else gotten this?

rBJ0Eqw.jpg

AKbXBcj.jpg

If so, any ideas on how to fix it?

So yeah, if you're having these issues format your SD card.

Got my buddy who first introduced me to Monster Hunter 6 years ago back on the wagon. He hasn't played since the PSP version but spent all day tracking down a new 3ds XL and a copy of MH4U. Either nintendo didn't really ship a whole lot of copies of the game or its way more popular than they anticipated. He had to check 2 bestbuys, a walmart, target, fye and 3 gamestops before he was able to find a copy

I wish they didn't gate stuff off based on progression in single player. I've been playing almost exclusively online, and single player is a bit of a chore for me.

ChrisD

My brother and I played today for... Eight hours and fifty minutes. Seven of those hours were in a lobby with the same random (four with another, but they had to go for dinner). Everyone added each other for any future play. In the end we were all changing our Chat options to inside jokes stemming from the quests throughout the day.

I love this game. <3

Nirran

Up to the three star urgent so far. Haven't touched online just yet. I am starting to get really irritated with the design of the N3DS. I hate whatever engineer decided the power button should go on the front instead of inside the 3ds. I've managed to close the game 4 times now because of big hands. My fingers tend to rest need where they decided where the new power button should be..

Kolma

So I'm getting my Monster Hunter 3DS XL tomorrow and really bummed about not being able to get themes.
I'm going to really try and badger Nintendo tomorrow about it but if that doesn't work.

Is anyone here willing to part with their theme code?

wiibomb

So I'm getting my Monster Hunter 3DS XL tomorrow and really bummed about not being able to get themes.
I'm going to really try and badger Nintendo tomorrow about it but if that doesn't work.

Is anyone here willing to part with their theme code?

I'm in a very similar situation, I wonder if contacting Nintendo would do anything about it

Gaz_RB

Up to the three star urgent so far. Haven't touched online just yet. I am starting to get really irritated with the design of the N3DS. I hate whatever engineer decided the power button should go on the front instead of inside the 3ds. I've managed to close the game 4 times now because of big hands. My fingers tend to rest need where they decided where the new power button should be..

Same, I always seem to sleep mode accidently when I'm in an awesome battle and finally almost killed it.

Soul crushing.

Ultrabum

I spent the weekend away from Monster Hunter and I am going to charge through low rank HR2 quests. Anyone is welcome to join! ID 59-8031-9189-5956.

ramyeon

Wow, the Najarala fight is fun.
I actually really didn't enjoy that fight. Felt like he was way too big for the screen and found myself not knowing exactly where I was half the time since he tends to circle and wrap around you.

Armour set looks great though so I may have to farm him later on in High Rank.

Also working sucks. I wanna play MonHun.

Gaz_RB

So is it better to have a weapon that does 144 damage plus 266 elemental or is it better to have a weapon that does 233 damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom