• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

My first Arena Quest evern was solo against the Yan and I've got a A, but I still dropped 2 pinnacle coins. After that I did the quest again with a Friend and we've still got an A but this time no pinnacle coin at all.
I also got a B using another weapon but even this time I didn't drop the coin. :\ Maybe it has got a very low drop chance?

There is a lower % chance of a drop of that coin if you hit the conditions. I think online low rank arena gives the coins but it does mean some farming is required.

sugarless

I've crafted my first ever set of armour.

I love this game, I disliked MH3U and eventually gave up on it but this is so awesome.

Congrats! I hit a brick wall at some point in 3U but 4U clicked much better and much quicker. Been hearing the same story with many people. Pretty pleased with my first-ever bow + Gunner armour crafter gear too!

Haint

So with all the Flash Carts, CFW, and Homebrew and shit, are there a fair number of cheaters running around online?

Kaji

I'm using charge blade and I have a question I can't figure out.

I played M4 for roughly 200 hours with charge blade and somehow never stumbled across this so I don't know if I'm just terrible or it's new to 4U.

During sword and shield combo I've activated a charge mode where the shield glows red and then does increased damage in Axe mode with some new animations as well.

I seem unable to replicate more than a handful of times accidentally.

Halp :)

BokehKing

Banned
so I realize I don't need a new 3ds to make this game easier to control

what I need is a circle pad pro, but apparently, they don't sell them in stores?
I have a best buy, target and walmart down the block from me, plus 4 games stops with in 15 minutes of me, and not one has a circle pad pro

is that normal?

I live in a very high populated area, I'm not in the sticks

Kinsei

Banned

I played M4 for roughly 200 hours with charge blade and somehow never stumbled across this so I don't know if I'm just terrible or it's new to 4U.

During sword and shield combo I've activated a charge mode where the shield glows red and then does increased damage in Axe mode with some new animations as well.

Hit R during the final hit of the A=A=A combo. You can hit X+A while standing still to go into the attack without wasting phials.

Yeah, it's new to 4G/4U.

Hugstable

Banned

what I need is a circle pad pro, but apparently, they don't sell them in stores?
I have a best buy, target and walmart down the block from me, plus 4 games stops with in 15 minutes of me, and not one has a circle pad pro

is that normal?

I haven't seen a store sell a Circle Pad pro in a loooong time. You are probably best getting it off Nintendos website shop if they still sell them there. Otherwise I wouldn't really know where to find one these days.

BokehKing

Banned
I haven't seen a store sell a Circle Pad pro in a loooong time. You are probably best getting it off Nintendos website shop if they still sell them there. Otherwise I wouldn't really know where to find one these days.

oh damn they are that obsolete huh?
I bought a regular 3ds last night, because I got sick of just reading all the posts in here and want to see what all the fuss is about, and the game is brilliant, but I need to be able to control that camera easier, and it looks like I'll just have to return this 3ds to best buy with in 15 days and hope they have a new 3ds in by then

Kaji

Hit R during the final hit of the A=A=A combo. You can hit X+A while standing still to go into the attack without wasting phials.

Yeah, it's new to 4G/4U.

Thank you for that :) Thought I was going crazy, no way I could of missed it in vanilla 4.

Nirran

Hammer question for those who main hammer. I've been using the hammer for a long time now and I'm noticing the R + X combo isn't letting me go straight into the charge for the Superpound and Spinning Attack. Did they change or remove this? I've tried over and over but all I end up doing is swing the weapon instead.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Hammer question for those who main hammer. I've been using the hammer for a long time now and I'm noticing the R + X combo isn't letting me go straight into the charge for the Superpound and Spinning Attack. Did they change or remove this? I've tried over and over but all I end up doing is swing the weapon instead.
Isn't it just 'hold R'? Seems same as 3U for me - charges up no probs.

Sorry if you meant X+R together from sheathed weapon. I guess i've always just pulled the hammer out THEN charged it.

Raide

The more I talk about MH and throw in random suggestions, the more I want to get back into MH and play. Might have to go shopping tomorrow and see if I can gran a New 3ds, :D

There will always be people to play with at any level.

People rushing through the game either don't have jobs, school, or relationships, or are kids. Not trying to hate on those rushing, but chances are they fit into one or more of the above categories.

I've always taken my time in each MH and finished offline before going online and it's never been a problem finding rooms.

To be fair, I'm not that fond of sleep.

Also, this game's got way less essential quests. And those who get through quickly are probably using Insect Glaive.

Condom

To be fair, I'm not that fond of sleep.

Also, this game's got way less essential quests. And those who get through quickly are probably using Insect Glaive.

Most people I played with took their time though. Saving up for armor etc. It's my preferred way of playing too.

Chuckpebble

Just wanted to quickly add my favorite resource from web resource through MH3U
Kiranico.com has MH4U info if you click spoilers ahead.

Also, just found this iOS app. Don't fear the Japanese. It's in English and looks handy.
4Hunter - MH4攻略 by MoriRanMaru
https://appsto.re/us/pcexR.i

Hugstable

Banned
oh damn they are that obsolete huh?
I bought a regular 3ds last night, because I got sick of just reading all the posts in here and want to see what all the fuss is about, and the game is brilliant, but I need to be able to control that camera easier, and it looks like I'll just have to return this 3ds to best buy with in 15 days and hope they have a new 3ds in by then

It's still very possible to have good camera control without the use of the Circle Pad pro. In the options they allow you to customize panels, and you can make a panel that gives you a virtual Dpad on which you can use to control the camera. The Panel options allow you to even resize it and move the virtual Dpad whereever you want, it's actually pretty cool and I got used to playing that way back during MH3U. It might feel a bit weird at first, but once you get used to it, it's pretty awesome, plus it'll save you the hassle of worrying about the CPP. The virtual Dpad along with using L to align the camera in front of you is a decent option for the camera control.

Any recommendations on what Hunting Horn trees to pursue? I'm currently using the Rathian tree and it's been great, but I miss not having an Attack Boost song.

Demoli

That's the bread and butter of a good charge blade. You charge up 5 phials, switch to axe mode, press x+a and hold R in the middle of the swing. That way you get the longest charge without wasting it on A combos.

While in red mode, you get a lance shield and a huge dps boost to axe mode. Ideally, you want to get another 5 phials after achieving red mode, switching to axe, and wailing with a flurry of x and a combos.

Got to the gravios in Single Player and HR3 in MP, god this game has the best newcomer monster of the series, which i thought would be hard to top from 3.

Netto-kun

My 4U hunter is going to have plenty of equipments to catch up with. Also, how come 4U players with New 3DS are able to add screenshots to Miiverse while 4G players are still left out in the cold. :(
eGjaLSK.jpg

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Man... I was playing the demo on my GF's 3DS XL and damn is it satisfying killing the monsters. Back then, I couldn't get into MH on the PSP but now I find it a lot easier playing and completing the objectives. Is it because its the demo with decent armor equipped? Speaking of, the camera controls aren't all that great when playing on the 3DS w/o the circle pro. Gaf, how do you do it (camera controls)?!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Sooo Immolator Blade or Shattenstolz?

The gore magala one has 25% affinity and 150 dragon

The Nerscylla one has the same raw no element but fucking blue sharpness and only 15% affinity

Nerscylla looks insane for low rank stuff because of dat blue

Managed to play a few hunts online using my phone as a 3G hotspot. Actually worked surprisingly well compared to what I was expecting, it was totally playable for me. Might be able to get that online fix every now and again.

Beats

I'm liking the Nerscylla armor for my Low Rank armor so far. It has Capture Guru, Speed Setup and Negate Sleep. I've been mostly capping every monster now thanks to the first two skills.

I'm liking the Nerscylla armor for my Low Rank armor so far. It has Capture Guru, Speed Setup and Negate Sleep. I've been mostly capping every monster now thanks to the first two skills.
Wait its NEGATE sleep? I thought that armor skill was going to make sleep weapons more effective.

Shit guess I know what armor to shoot for now. I'm a capping fiend
when I have the mats for tranqs.

Wow congrats hunters, the Guild spreadsheet has now 100 (aside from me) registered users! As the one who created it I should make it my mission to add you all, but after this, because of the limit imposed on friends I'm going to have to do some cuts, namely those who never added me back of course :p

Now that aside, let's see what you are all playing with...

Charge Blade 41 41%
Long Sword 39 39%
Hammer 31 31%
Great Sword 29 29%
Insect Glaive 27 27%
Switch Axe 24 24%
Sword And Shield 19 19%
Hunting Horn 17 17%
Bow 15 15%
Gunlance 14 14%
Dual Swords 13 13%
Heavy Bowgun 12 12%
Lance 11 11%
Light Bowgun 10 10%

CB still at the top, and I'm surprised with the LS being second, seeing how much flack it gets online and all.

Prototype

My 4U hunter is going to have plenty of equipments to catch up with. Also, how come 4U players with New 3DS are able to add screenshots to Miiverse while 4G players are still left out in the cold. :(
Old xl isn't powerful enough to run simultaneous apps. So no miiverse.

Mistle

Been playing this for the first time. Insect Glaive and Charge Blade are both really fun to use, even with me not really knowing what to do despite having done the tutorials ;_;

Am I better off going the Princess Rapier or Poison Battleaxe route for poison SnS? The former has more raw, while the latter has more poison status damage.

Deyleone

is that normal?

I imported my circle pad pro, and that was well over a year ago. You should check playasia or some other such site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom