• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krathoon

I tire of the scalping of the CEs.

To Ebay!!!

Same crap happened to me with Majora's Mask.

Good thing I am a single guy with some disposable income.

Is there a good way to keep my room limited to GAF/Friends?

I'm wondering if I can have a password for people not on my friends list, but just let friends in... I'll look through the options.

Looks like I have exactly that!

ID is 43 7443 0920 5755

I'd like to hunt Nyrscyljkjala. Password is 1991.

EDIT: Updated the ID.

Beats

Is there a good way to keep my room limited to GAF/Friends?

I'm wondering if I can have a password for people not on my friends list, but just let friends in... I'll look through the options.

You can set the passcode to exclude friends when making a room.

edit: Looks like you found it lol.

Owensboro

You should now have a quest to kill 8 Zamite. Go mining in that area to get armor sphere +'s.

Which HH did you use to fight Congalala?

Doh, I'm getting ready for bed so I don't have the game in front of me, but I think I had a Heavy Bagpipe because I couldn't find any dragonite ore to upgrade it again. Also had the Bone Armor set since it was the only thing with Maestro on it, but that's beside the point. Before fighting Congalala I switched over to my gathering set (Leather set + Celestial Sword) because I was fed up of not upgrading my horn + armor in a few hours, and figured it would do me some good to try and upgrade another set/weapon. Then I got overwhelmed.

I'll do that quest you mention tomorrow. At least it'll be something to work towards! Thanks!

Kinsei

Banned
Doh, I'm getting ready for bed so I don't have the game in front of me, but I think I had a Heavy Bagpipe because I couldn't find any dragonite ore to upgrade it again. Also had the Bone Armor set since it was the only thing with Maestro on it, but that's beside the point. Before fighting Congalala I switched over to my gathering set (Leather set + Celestial Sword) because I was fed up of not upgrading my horn + armor in a few hours, and figured it would do me some good to try and upgrade another set/weapon. Then I got overwhelmed.

I'll do that quest you mention tomorrow. At least it'll be something to work towards! Thanks!

You also get dragonite ore mining in that area!

You should make more hunting horns. The Basarios Rock (Bone Horn > Bone Horn+ > Velociprey Balloon > Velociprey Balloon+ > Basarios Rock) eould have mopped the floor with him.

In what ways are Gathering Hall quests harder?

Does the Monster's health scale to however many players there are, or does it have set health?

And is that health greater than the normal single player quest monsters?

Hey, just dropping by and saying hi to the MH community. I added my name to the GAF Guild (#106). Inbox me on here letting me know you added me.

The only MH I put a ton of time into was the first one and I REALLY want to get into this game so I might need some help from you! Thanks

Kinsei

Banned

Does the Monster's health scale to however many players there are, or does it have set health?

Their health is fixed, and yes it's higher than the village quests.

Owensboro

You also get dragonite ore mining in that area!

You should make more hunting horns. The Basarios Rock (Bone Horn > Bone Horn+ > Velociprey Balloon > Velociprey Balloon+ > Basarios Rock) eould have mopped the floor with him.

Hah, this is just another instance of me being terrified of using Mats when I don't know what else they could be used on. I'll give that one a go and see if I can make it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, duder! I appreciate it. I really need to hunt with GAFers, because the online with random has been fun so far!

ramyeon

Was referring to the part about pass coding rooms to avoid them. Sounds like it's pretty much cracked wide open though, which is an insta-no-buy regardless of how common it may or may not be at the moment.
I haven't pass coded any of my rooms to avoid them, I only passcode rooms if I want to play exclusively with GAF players. But I've had some good experiences with randoms and bad, same as any other online games. I'd hardly say it's cracked wide open like, for example, Pokemon or anything.

divusrex

Yes and yes.

The Monster's health is set, regardless of the amount of players you're partying with. It depends on if you find a king size or not, because the games scales with the size of the monster.

In general the Gathering Hall quests monsters have more HP and do more dmg compared to the single player quest ones.

Elija2

So I'm doing a gathering quest but the RNG was not on my side and now I've exhausted all of the gathering points but I still don't have enough to complete the quest. I've been running around for 20 minutes hoping for things to respawn but they don't. So what the hell am I supposed to do now?

Nachos

The multiplayer quests, despite allowing you to accept them solo, are generally balanced around 2.5 players (even if you have 3/4). That means everything scales proportionally – health, attack, etc. They're certainly doable solo, but they'll test your skills more.

Kinsei

Banned
Hah, this is just another instance of me being terrified of using Mats when I don't know what else they could be used on. I'll give that one a go and see if I can make it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, duder! I appreciate it. I really need to hunt with GAFers, because the online with random has been fun so far!

When in doubt make every weapon of the type you're using.

lum0s

Banned
Just got to the part where I gotta capture the Gendrome for the cook in Harth. I'll be looking to join up with others soon enough. Anyone wanna be MH buddies? We can touch swords.

novembr
1134-7684-3422

I guess just PM me if you add me so I can add you, too.

Owensboro

When in doubt make every weapon of the type you're using.
Hrmm. Got it. I'm also wary of making a hunting horn with songs that look silly. Attack up, defense up, and health up just seem way to useful on my current horn to ever give up. I assume I should just get over that and try them all out, eh?

AEREC

This game needs more beards...Seriously there's one face option with a beard and it's a geezer, you cant even change the color of it.

I really have a hard time believing you can fight monsters without facial hair.

This game needs more beards...Seriously there's one face option with a beard and it's a geezer, you cant even change the color of it.

I really have a hard time believing you can fight monsters without facial hair.

It's Japan, everyone is a bishounen or hardy carefree guy.

All right. So I just killed the Tetsucabra and it's the first enemy to make me faint. I'm using dual blades right now and am wondering if they are any good. A lot of people seem to use the hammer, great sword, and longsword. Just curious on their viability compared to other weapons.

Edit: And I had no idea devil dance was a thing into just now when I looked them up.

All right. So I just killed the Tetsucabra and it's the first enemy to make me faint. I'm using dual blades right now and am wondering if they are any good. A lot of people seem to use the hammer, great sword, and longsword. Just curious on their viability compared to other weapons.

All weapon types are good. They each have their pros and cons, it's all up to you which you use. I personally use the SnS. Don't let the low damage number throw you off, they can do a lot of things. :)

The question is whether or not the specific dual blades you are using are good for Tetsu. He's weak against water.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Edit: And I had no idea devil dance was a thing into just now when I looked them up.

I hate that monster, it's the only one to make me cart so far.

All the weapons are viable, don't worry about that. Hammer is just better for beginners. Just use what you like, for example I love the Switch-Axe.

Kolma

Do you have the Stable 3D or whatever it is called on or off?
I have it on and I am wondering if it is making it worse than it usually would be. But it is exactly as you say, it is like the 3D slider lines up two layers of text into a crisp layer, and if they are not aligned the text is fuzzy.

EDIT - Just realized it may be relevant, I am playing on a New 3DS XL.

playing on regular 3DS XL here, just noticed that it does also happen in Monster Hunter 4 U but it's not nearly as bad as it was in 3 U

I hate that monster, it's the only one to make me cart so far.

All the weapons are viable, don't worry about that. Hammer is just better for beginners. Just use what you like, for example I love the Switch-Axe.

SWTICH-AXE FOR LIFE! lol, but i don't i've mastered it...

How do you target a monster?
I don't know what you mean, so here's three things the word target could be

for autocamera: I just know the touchscreen button, while on the same area as the main monster, click the monster icon and then you can tap L to change camera towards it

Target with insect glaive for sending the insect out: R

paint ball it so its target appears on the map: throw a paint ball at it or use paint ammo/arrows

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Is it me or parts are harder to break off at the start of the game?

My memory tells me it was easier at the beginning of MH3U.

PKrockin

Are you hitting its weak point?:
Its tail is weak when it's engorged and the spikes are retracted.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is it me or parts are harder to break off at the start of the game?

My memory tells me it was easier at the beginning of MH3U.
I haven't cut a tail off this entire game; I'm not sure if I'm just more used to attacking the sides now. Otherwise, it feels the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom