• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

Ah thanks for the answers all. Had no idea if a tail came off it was carvable as well. One other thing, so what you carve and what you receive at the end of the hunt are 2 separate things right? Carving is just additional loot for the hunt and not the only reward?
Tails just give you what you carve from them during the quest once they've been chopped off. Breakable parts like Great Jaggi's frill show up as an additional quest reward since there's nothing to carve from them during the quest.

Thanks to those that came to help.

I wasn't able to do too much with the Hunting Horn, I mostly tried to keep the stamina buff up and heal every now and then since I was taking a ton of damage up close.

Thinking of switching to a different weapon after this. I was going to build a Gore Magala weapon but I didn't get any plates. :/

Can someone else do it? Kinda new at this.

Its easy enough, just go to the gathering hall, say create a room and fill set a passcode. Then you'll find your room id in the menu once you are in the lobby. You'll need to be the lead if you want to rank up in the urgent.

Edit: Saying its easy then skip out on details...

Go to the gatherine hall from the world map, and change online status. That should get you the menu you need.

aka_bueno

Ah thanks for the answers all. Had no idea if a tail came off it was carvable as well. One other thing, so what you carve and what you receive at the end of the hunt are 2 separate things right? Carving is just additional loot for the hunt and not the only reward?

Yeah carving the cut off tail can (will?) yield specific materials to the cut-off tail.

Also, the end of hunt rewards: There's random base rewards for completing the quest. And there's also bonus loot if you capture it (instead of killing) and also for damaging the monster (breaking parts/scarring it).

And also Palico stuff it may have gathered during the quest.

What a difference on n3DS. I was just going to play on my 3DS XL, but I tried my friend's n3DS and it runs and looks so much better.
Ugh, I really don't want to give Nintendo money for a n3ds xl and reward them for not releasing the small one that I really wanted, but the thought of not getting the best Monster Hunter experience I can stings.

Maybe it's good that I don't know anyone with a n3ds xl, so I don't know firsthand what I'm missing.

Also it seems when I add people to my friends list it says something about setting notifications in my friends list but there is no actual place to set notifications in there.

Ah thanks for the clarification. One last thing, regarding captures, does the story teach you how to capture? Do you buy the traps or do you have to craft them?

tuffy

Ah thanks for the clarification. One last thing, regarding captures, does the story teach you how to capture? Do you buy the traps or do you have to craft them?
There is a specific story quest about capturing which gives you traps, tranq bombs, instructions and a pretty weak monster to attempt it on. Traps are generally something you have to craft yourself from trap tools (sold in the shop) and thunderbugs or nets, as are the tranq bombs which are crafted from tranquilizer.

They'll tell you about it. On capture quests you will have a trap and 3 tranqs in the chest, but that means you only have one shot at capturing it. So, better make your own stuff anyway and you can't buy traps or tranqs already ready for use. You buy trap tools to make the traps and tranquilizer to make the tranq bombs or ammunition.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So quick question the wycoon point exchange shop, how often does that refresh? Because some times he's got stuff like stones and other annoying to farm but really common materials and other times he's got mega fish flies and other things.

The story teaches you how to trap I think in the 3 star quests? That's where you get your first capture quest and it gives you the little tutorial on how to do it.

You have to craft traps and tranq bombs.

Traps are easily made, buy a trap tool and combine with a flashbug to make an electric trap, for pitfalls you have to combine with a net which I believe is a spider web and uh something else which I forget.

tranq bombs are bomb casings + tranquilizer which you can just buy. Bomb casings are made by combining stones and sap plants.

deim0s

So quick question the wycoon point exchange shop, how often does that refresh? Because some times he's got stuff like stones and other annoying to farm but really common materials and other times he's got mega fish flies and other things.

Just do a couple of really short quests like gathering or deliver meat... It should cycle after that.

Beats

Thanks to those that came to help.

I wasn't able to do too much with the Hunting Horn, I mostly tried to keep the stamina buff up and heal every now and then since I was taking a ton of damage up close.

Thinking of switching to a different weapon after this. I was going to build a Gore Magala weapon but I didn't get any plates. :/

You were using the bone armor right? The skills are good for HH, but the low defense can be a problem. You may want to upgrade it or go for a set with better base defense if you're taking too much damage. And you should still be able to get Maestro since there are more than a couple of low rank sets with at least 5 slots.

There is a specific story quest about capturing which gives you traps, tranq bombs, instructions and a pretty weak monster to attempt it on. Traps are generally something you have to craft yourself from trap tools (sold in the shop) and thunderbugs or nets, as are the tranq bombs which are crafted from tranquilizer.

Thank you, guess I should continue on with the story, been just farming materials while I waited for my friend to catch up story wise

Renewed

That moment when you're hunting Gore Magala with friends and by the end of the day, one of them has like 3 plates. WHAT IS THIS EVEN.... I'll take my Greatsword, thanks.

Mandelbo

Just did the Village 4* Urgent quest. I thought it would be the same as the demo mission, but then he started off
in rage mode!
Really threw me off guard, but I did beat him on my first run!

After carting twice

Roldan

Not related to the game, but... Does anyone know how to download the bonus free themes for those who bought the digital version of the game?

I finished downloading the game and tried to download the themes, but I got an error on the eShop and decided to do that later. Now I'm on the eShop, but don't know how to do it... :\

Hale-XF11

Well, the 3dsxl is the least ergonomic console ever and it hurts my hands a lot, which helps me stop playing. I really need a 3ds xxl.

Aww, that blows. I' ve been playing with my OG 3DS and a CPP. I can't imagine trying to play this game without it, not just for the great camera control, but also the ergonomic factor. I don't think I could handle long play sessions otherwise.

tuffy

Not related to the game, but... Does anyone know how to download the bonus free themes for those who bought the digital version of the game?

I finished downloading the game and tried to download the themes, but I got an error on the eShop and decided to do that later. Now I'm on the eShop, but don't know how to do it... :\
Check your e-shop receipt for the game in the e-shop. There's a download code for the game which has to be entered in the theme shop (not the regular e-shop).

Berordn

So early on in the story when the guildmarm runs out of quests and everyone talks about guild quests am I just supposed to keep doing expeditions or actually head to the gathering hall? I feel like I missed something.

Kinsei

Banned
So early on in the story when the guildmarm runs out of quests and everyone talks about guild quests am I just supposed to keep doing expeditions or actually head to the gathering hall? I feel like I missed something.

Keep doing expeditions. You need to hunt a Velocidrome and a Kut-Ku to continue the village quests.

wiibomb

I'm so sad and angry, the MH4U n3DS a user here kindly helped me get just got delayed by a storm around KY... now I'll have to wait even more days to get it.. anyone in US knows for how long that storm will be?

Desire sensor doing work. I want a Gore plate, have 0 after multiple kills.

I don't want an Earth Dragongem (Dahren Moren). I have 3 from 4 fights. Thanks, desire sensor.

I'm so sad and angry, the MH4U n3DS a user here kindly helped me get just got delayed by a storm around KY... now I'll have to wait even more days to get it.. anyone in US knows for how long that storm will be?

It's a snow storm. Hard to say, really - the snow is supposed to end tonight, but it could freeze over and make it tough again tomorrow. Lots of cities basically just shut down around IN/KY/TN since it's already President's Day today.

tuffy

Haha, took me ages to get even two oils - the universe balances itself out ;)
It's worth noting that Paddock Oil pretty good odds if you capture Tetsucabra, but isn't something that can be carved at all. So if you kill him, your only chance is from the quest rewards. I keep a browser open to kiranico because the differing kill/capture odds can be a headache.

sugarless

Bows are annoying in this iteration; I have to manually adjust my shots 70% of the time because of the new verticality

Are you on a New system or do you have the CPP? I find setting ZL and ZR to duplicate up/down on d-pad a handy way to fine-tune verticality while aiming, without having to reach for a D-pad/C-stick/second Circle Pad.

wiibomb

It's a snow storm. Hard to say, really - the snow is supposed to end tonight, but it could freeze over and make it tough again tomorrow. Lots of cities basically just shut down around IN/KY/TN since it's already President's Day today.

thanks, don't really know much from that except that it's happening over there... damn I want my n3DS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom