• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H1PSTER

Ok, I'm prepared to give this a try again.

I need to kill me some Khezu, anyone fancy it?

Low rank.

Room: 33-6425-4640-6833

Passcode: 7243

Sane_Man

This god damn Gore Magala fight on HR2! What the hell. It seems literally impossible at the moment. He's just too fast and strong and my greatsword is too damn slow. Plus he's usually killing me in two decent hits. I'm using full Nerscylla armour with 119 defence and 10 dragon resistance yet his purple shit almost kills me in one hit.

It's seriously annoying me now. What am I doing wrong? I've watched videos and they seem to do the exact same as me, but when they dodge they take no damage and whenever I do he fucks my shit up anyway. Aggh.

bobohoro

Just did the Village 4* Urgent quest. I thought it would be the same as the demo mission, but then he started off
in rage mode!
Really threw me off guard, but I did beat him on my first run!

After carting twice

Gore took its revenge on me. After destroying it online three times in a row, doing the 4* urgent made me cart thrice for the first time. Constantly being in rage mode and killing me in three blows is pretty dickish. Although I have to admit to carting the first time because I missed 3 paintballs, fell off a cliff and got shot in the face while trying to suicide mounting it off the other cliff.

I guess I deserved it, huh?

This god damn Gore Magala fight on HR2! What the hell. It seems literally impossible at the moment. He's just too fast and strong and my greatsword is too damn slow. Plus he's usually killing me in two decent hits. I'm using full Nerscylla armour with 119 defence and 10 dragon resistance yet his purple shit almost kills me in one hit.

It's seriously annoying me now. What am I doing wrong? I've watched videos and they seem to do the exact same as me, but when they dodge they take no damage and whenever I do he fucks my shit up anyway. Aggh.

Are you doing this solo?? Gathering Hall quests are scaled towards a multiplayer group so doing it solo would be pretty rough. Especially on a monster like Gore Magala.

Sane_Man

Are you doing this solo?? Gathering Hall quests are scaled towards a multiplayer group so doing it solo would be pretty rough. Especially on a monster like Gore Magala.

Hmm... that makes sense then! I didn't realise it scaled the difficulty. I feel a bit better now at least.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Another question:
I'm at 4* Village quests, and I've yet to mount a monster (excluding the ones where you start mounted). Any tips? I've just never really figured it out. Also, does mounting do a great amount of damage or break parts, or is it not worth it?

I use the insect glaive and typically mount a monster 3-5 times before it dies.
It seems like it does a ton of damage and also breaks hard to reach parts. I feel like it has got me extra loot and is super fun to do.

To mount, just hit a monster while your are airborne. After a few hits you will mount it. Luckily the glaive has a pole vault move so I can mount where/when I want.

Aw man, the Gore chest requires a tail and I'm using Hammer. Gonna have to decide if I want to bother with the Low Rank Sharpness +1 set now. Don't really feel up for swapping weapons now.

Wolfe

This is likely just something incredibly obvious that I've just overlooked but either way I'm kind of stuck getting to the 3* village quests. Last thing I did was the 2* Seltas quest and then Expeditions opened up but the only place I can go is under repair or something at the moment and I can't enter the hall or whatever there due to my rank being too low.

What am I missing here?

Kinsei

Banned
This is likely just something incredibly obvious that I've just overlooked but either way I'm kind of stuck getting to the 3* village quests. Last thing I did was the 2* Seltas quest and then Expeditions opened up but the only place I can go is under repair or something at the moment and I can't enter the hall or whatever there due to my rank being too low.

What am I missing here?

Go on 2 expeditions to continue.

KdylanR92

Was fighting the Zamtrios for the first time and thought that it looked awesome but then it blew it up and I got carted for laughing too hard and not paying attention.

I fought him with 3 other players so it was pretty easy. Team up with other hunters.

Killer

Banned
So regarding the weapons, i can change the weapon anytime i want from the blacksmith? it wasn't like that in the demo...

Enjoying the game so far.

So regarding the weapons, i can change the weapon anytime i want from the blacksmith? it wasn't like that in the demo...

Yeah, no limitations with regard to swapping weapons. Keep in mind that Melee and Ranged weapons use different armor sets though.

I cant get hides for the life of me (still havent reached the 2nd town), would probably help if I had a hunt specifically for velocidrome, instead of hoping he shows up in the expedition

Do you have a quild quest for the velocidrome at this point?

Open the menu, and go to Guild Quests, and Manage List or something like that. If you see in there a guild quest for the velocidrome, register it and you can run it multiple times. Just know that each time you complete it, you level it up and it will become slightly more difficult, but on the flip side, every couple of runs it should become rare, and you'll likely get sweet loot from the blue mining points / equipment piles.

You can embark on the guild quests from the gathering hall.

Yes! Many people will also have multiple weapon types they work on as well. Don't think you're locked in to a specific weapon / armor set. If you come up against a monster you think would be weak against a certain type of weapon, then go ahead and forge it. If you want a change of pace, or just want to experiment, you can do that too. There's no penalty. Use the right tool for the right job as they say.

As TatteredHat says, just know that you need to keep your armor into consideration with this as well if you're switching melee/range, or if you have skills, make sure they make sense for your new weapon build. However, with the use of equipment sets from the storage in your house, it becomes pretty simple to keep it all straight since you just get it set once, and then register it and give it an appropriate name. Works out well.

I use the insect glaive and typically mount a monster 3-5 times before it dies.
It seems like it does a ton of damage and also breaks hard to reach parts. I feel like it has got me extra loot and is super fun to do.

To mount, just hit a monster while your are airborne. After a few hits you will mount it. Luckily the glaive has a pole vault move so I can mount where/when I want.

So, I use a bowgun. What do you mean "hit a monster while you are airborne"?

Do you have a quild quest for the velocidrome at this point?

Open the menu, and go to Guild Quests, and Manage List or something like that. If you see in there a guild quest for the velocidrome, register it and you can run it multiple times. Just know that each time you complete it, you level it up and it will become slightly more difficult, but on the flip side, every couple of runs it should become rare, and you'll likely get sweet loot from the blue mining points / equipment piles.

You can embark on the guild quests from the gathering hall.

ah thanks, dont think i've done any guild missions yet

Prototype

I cant get hides for the life of me (still havent reached the 2nd town), would probably help if I had a hunt specifically for velocidrome, instead of hoping he shows up in the expedition
I used the expedition hunt that has him in it. Registered it and went thru it about 5 or 6 times and then had the full set.

Blitzhex

Can anyone suggest a new weapon for me? I love using the gunlance and the greatsword, but the greatsword is kinda hard to time right with fast monsters. The gunlance has a move for every scenario but it's kinda really slow and heavy. My kill times are pretty good with gunlance, but I want to try something a bit more mobile.

Moondrop

Banned
Twice in a row on HR1 my entire pug dropped and left me to finish solo. PSA: if you're going to pug, bring a trap and some tranqs even if it's a kill hunt.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Now I understand why Zinogre is the favourite monster of so many people. That fight was really fun and exciting.

sugarless

The demo just dropped you into a tutorial quest from the bespoke weapon selection screen, but in the full game, you have a basic version of all the weapon types in your item box in your house at the start and can use any one you want at any time (there are some tutorial quests for each one). You can upgrade them, and also forge new ones at any time with the blacksmith as long as you have the materials needed. You'll never need to be level X to use a certain weapon or anything like that.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there an item you can craft or buy that shows the location of the monster?

Are there hints I'm missing when looking for them? I basically just run around to all the rooms looking for it. Sometimes it takes forever because the monster is moving as well I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom