• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there an item you can craft or buy that shows the location of the monster?

Are there hints I'm missing when looking for them? I basically just run around to all the rooms looking for it. Sometimes it takes forever because the monster is moving as well I assume.

Psychoserum

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is there an item you can craft or buy that shows the location of the monster?

Are there hints I'm missing when looking for them? I basically just run around to all the rooms looking for it. Sometimes it takes forever because the monster is moving as well I assume.

There's a food buff that will show where they hang out for a minute or so after you start a hunt.

Prototype

Can anyone suggest a new weapon for me? I love using the gunlance and the greatsword, but the greatsword is kinda hard to time right with fast monsters. The gunlance has a move for every scenario but it's kinda really slow and heavy. My kill times are pretty good with gunlance, but I want to try something a bit more mobile.

Maybe SnS or Dual Blades? Both are much faster and more mobile. Also, SnS can use items while the weapon is out which is more powerful then you may initially think.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just bought this from the eshop and noticed there is an update in the store. Can I download them both in sleep mode, or should I download he main game and run it once first,mbefore downloading the update?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Twice in a row on HR1 my entire pug dropped and left me to finish solo. PSA: if you're going to pug, bring a trap and some tranqs even if it's a kill hunt.

Yeah I think those are just connection problems.

Some times my whole gatering hall disbands after 15 min other times it's after 45min. Never very sure.

tuffy

Just bought this from the eshop and noticed there is an update in the store. Can I download them both in sleep mode, or should I download he main game and run it once first,mbefore downloading the update?
You can download the update before starting the game.

Pila

Anyone playing low rank? I still have to finish some HR1 stuff, made a room:

10-2951-0419-5085
Password is 8787

First time players are welcome!

full now

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Killed the monkey-elephant kecho! Having so much fun with this game so far, haven't even begun on the HRs yet

Mandelbo

Is anyone else kinda disappointed that the volcano area is literally just the Sunken Hollow but with lava? I mean, I know it's called the Volcanic Hollow, but I was still expecting a completely new area.

Elija2

Anyone know where I can find a Congalala? Kiranico says I can find them in the Conga Bongo quest but I'm not seeing any.

Kinsei

Banned
YAS! I finally got a plate! Now I need another one T_T.

Anyone know where I can find a Congalala? Kiranico says I can find them in the Conga Bongo quest but I'm not seeing any.

He starts appearing in the 4* quests. Talk to the Headwhiskress to get the quest.

Blitzhex

Maybe SnS or Dual Blades? Both are much faster and more mobile. Also, SnS can use items while the weapon is out which is more powerful then you may initially think.

:eek: didn't know you could use items with SnS, going to try that. How are kill times with SnS though?

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Where do I get a BBQ Spit in this game? I had one on that tutorial mission but now it's gone.

You can buy it at the market.

Congalala is a large monster, you have to kill it in the 4* quest 'Pink Stink' for the first time.

aka_bueno

I can't find this game anywhere.

Should I go digital?

I say yes, it's what I did day 1. But I have a 32GB card so I mostly go digital, especially for games that I know I'll be playing a long time and always want handy on the system.

(plus no cart swapping ever :p)

About to do the expedition against the
Gore Magala
that I assume will get me to the high ranks quests. After this, I'm going to grind online since I've only done one online quest so far, and I'm going to need to hunt this thing a whole bunch to upgrade my LS and hammer with all its parts.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you have a physical copy, does the save get stored on the cart or on the SD?

E: I want to start playing this on my wife's old 3DS XL until I can find a N3DSXL. At that point, will I have to do a system transfer or can I just pop the game in my N3DSXL and go on?

Kinsei

Banned
About to do the expedition against the
Gore Magala
that I assume will get me to the high ranks quests. After this, I'm going to grind online since I've only done one online quest so far, and I'm going to need to hunt this thing a whole bunch to upgrade my LS and hammer with all its parts.

No, that does not get you into the high rank quests. High rank doesn't start until the six star quests.

Well shoot. I just went through the friend code list and added everyone with MST/PST time zones. Only one of those people had added me as well. I need hunting bros!

Well shoot. I just went through the friend code list and added everyone with MST/PST time zones. Only one of those people had added me as well. I need hunting bros!

prob best to pm ppl you've added so they know who just added them. Least thats what i do with FC

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
If you have a physical copy, does the save get stored on the cart or on the SD?

E: I want to start playing this on my wife's old 3DS XL until I can find a N3DSXL. At that point, will I have to do a system transfer or can I just pop the game in my N3DSXL and go on?

Pretty sure physical games are saved on the cart. Not 100% sure though.

samn

If I hated the demo might I still like this game?

It's one of the worst demos I've ever played. I walk up to a monster, it plays a cutscene showing me mounting it, then it says 'bla bla you now know how to mount a monster'. Then I fall off and have no clue how to get back on because it had never been explained. Then I slashed away at it for a few minutes, neither of us seeming to do much damage to each other, then I got fed up and uninstalled.

But from what I hear, the game is more newbie friendly than the demo somehow? I want to know why so many people love this game and if I could be one of them.

Prototype

what's registering? Is that in the guild hall?
Go to the menu and you can see an option marked guild quests. Shows which ones you have. Should be able to "register" it and it will take it out of your pool of quests, then go to to the guild hall and you can grind it. Over time the quest will level up and get harder, but give you better rewards.

:eek: didn't know you could use items with SnS, going to try that. How are kill times with SnS though?
SnS has a stigma attached to it that it's weak, but it's really not. You can stick to a monster Like glue and being able to use items essentially at will is awesome. Look up SnS "stylish bombing" videos sometimes. It's super fun, but really only for single player as your constantly dropping bombs left and right lol.

SnS is also great for status and elemental sets since it hits so many times.

Finished my Kecha armor (with tool-break decreasing Whim skill).

Using this on Harvest Tour now.

I think I'm starting to have a "hobby"/obsession with making armor sets now. I'm trying to complete the Velocidrome set, and I haven't even left the first village yet.

aka_bueno

If I hated the demo might I still like this game?

It's one of the worst demos I've ever played. I walk up to a monster, it plays a cutscene showing me mounting it, then it says 'bla bla you now know how to mount a monster'. Then I fall off and have no clue how to get back on because it had never been explained. Then I slashed away at it for a few minutes, neither of us seeming to do much damage to each other, then I got fed up and uninstalled.

But from what I hear, the game is more newbie friendly than the demo somehow? I want to know why so many people love this game and if I could be one of them.

To be honest if you uninstalled it that quickly, you didn't give it a shot to begin with.

The full game will be more friendly to you, teaching you little by little. Just have to read all the tutorial text (which is a lot early on), a lot of what makes Monster Hunter what it is, is pretty unique. Some of it is also learning as you go, but yes the full game does a better job of getting you started.

That being said, the demo is pretty meh. To mount a monster, jump off a ledge or wall and hit the attack button to land a hit on it's back. You'll then go into a transition animation and mount the monster. When the mount icon (monster head) is green, spam X to knife it. When it's yellow/red stop attacking and hold R to hold onto monster while it tries to throw you off. Holding R during this phase depletes your stamina. If you fill the attack meter with enough damage, you'll topple the monster over, allowing you to take some free shots at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom