• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oEaicDJ.jpg

I didn't think I was playing this long :lol

Unless it counts sleep mode to because I left in sleep mode for a bit
I see. So the Velociprey set is a good beginner set because it'll boost my Attack and Stun?
Yes Tetsu as well since it increases defense and health. Both can carry you into high rank, just be sure to upgrade it with armor spheres

Cerity

Is there an item you can craft or buy that shows the location of the monster?

Are there hints I'm missing when looking for them? I basically just run around to all the rooms looking for it. Sometimes it takes forever because the monster is moving as well I assume.

All the monsters always start in particular areas, once you know them you scope them out first. Same applies to when they run away, they all have their resting areas. It'll get annoying when you get to the winged wyverns though, they like to fly everywhere :/

If you're lazy you can use psychoserum or a build an armour/gem in the psychic skill.

Go to the menu and you can see an option marked guild quests. Shows which ones you have. Should be able to "register" it and it will take it out of your pool of quests, then go to to the guild hall and you can grind it. Over time the quest will level up and get harder, but give you better rewards.

SnS has a stigma attached to it that it's weak, but it's really not. You can stick to a monster Like glue and being able to use items essentially at will is awesome. Look up SnS "stylish bombing" videos sometimes. It's super fun, but really only for single player as your constantly dropping bombs left and right lol.

SnS is also great for status and elemental sets since it hits so many times.

Thank you, Ill poke around with that tonigh

Prototype

All the monsters always start in particular areas, once you know them you scope them out first. Same applies to when they run away, they all have their resting areas. It'll get annoying when you get to the winged wyverns though, they like to fly everywhere :/

If you're lazy you can use psychoserum or a build an armour/gem in the psychic skill.
I always take psycho serum with me once I can afford to/can combine it. Until I learn the monsters patterns.

You were using the bone armor right? The skills are good for HH, but the low defense can be a problem. You may want to upgrade it or go for a set with better base defense if you're taking too much damage. And you should still be able to get Maestro since there are more than a couple of low rank sets with at least 5 slots.

Yeah, the Bone armor set has KO and Maestro built in but has really low base defense. I'm probably going to go for a new set entirely.

Maybe the Nercsylla set? All those captures were pretty neat.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Neither the Val Habar Market lady nor the Guild Store has a BBQ Spit available for purchase. :(

I just checked in Val Habar and the market lady sells the BBQ Spit for me (page 3 bottom). Did you just start the game? Maybe it only appears after you finish some quests, but I'm pretty sure she sold it right from the beginning.

Where can you see the skills
At the blacksmith or equipment box you can toggle screens untill you see which skillpoints an armorpiece gives. When the total points of a skill reaches a certain thresshold (usually 10) that skill is active on the armor. You can also have negative skills though, which you can gem out with decorations. You can also add or improve skills with gems.

Giolon

I just checked in Val Habar and the market lady sells the BBQ Spit for me (page 3 bottom). Did you just start the game? Maybe it only appears after you finish some quests, but I'm pretty sure she sold it right from the beginning.

I'm only just at the beginning of the 2-star missions. Maybe that's the problem.

As a person who loves sleep bombing and trapping, I'm pretty sure the Nerscylla armor and SnS was made for me.

Also robots are cool as shit.

ACESmkII

I just finished crafting a full armor set set of that LV4 chomping spider bastard. I love the design of it even if it is low tier.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
As a person who loves sleep bombing and trapping, I'm pretty sure the Nerscylla armor and SnS was made for me.

Also robots are cool as shit.

Nersylla set is so goood dude, it's an awesome farming set because it makes trapping so clutch easy.

Also I'd recommend the nerscylla greatsword to anyone. It's stupidly over powered in low rank (not really worth going past the 3rd upgrade though the rest of the tree sucks) because it's got decent raw, solid affinity and GODDAMN BLUE SHARPNESS

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Nersylla set is so goood dude, it's an awesome farming set because it makes trapping so clutch easy.

Also I'd recommend the nerscylla greatsword to anyone. It's stupidly over powered in low rank (not really worth going past the 3rd upgrade though the rest of the tree sucks) because it's got decent raw, solid affinity and GODDAMN BLUE SHARPNESS
I'm working on a Nersylla longsword but goddamn, five sleep sacs?

Kane1345

I love the new Khezu with his new attacks lol. After fighting the one in MHFU over and over again it was good to see him reinvented.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
If I hated the demo might I still like this game?

It's one of the worst demos I've ever played. I walk up to a monster, it plays a cutscene showing me mounting it, then it says 'bla bla you now know how to mount a monster'. Then I fall off and have no clue how to get back on because it had never been explained. Then I slashed away at it for a few minutes, neither of us seeming to do much damage to each other, then I got fed up and uninstalled.

But from what I hear, the game is more newbie friendly than the demo somehow? I want to know why so many people love this game and if I could be one of them.
I think if you get frustrated that quickly you might bail on the full game fast... however...
the demo was pretty lacking in direction or introduction - it was more a slice taken out of the game without much tutorial to it. The full game is definitely a lot more forgiving with more of a curve. It's a wonderful series, give it the time it deserves and it's super rewarding.

Exile20

Stupid question but The Man wouldnt let me put on my decorations. There is just no option. Do I have to progress more in the single player?

Anteo

If I hated the demo might I still like this game?

It's one of the worst demos I've ever played. I walk up to a monster, it plays a cutscene showing me mounting it, then it says 'bla bla you now know how to mount a monster'. Then I fall off and have no clue how to get back on because it had never been explained. Then I slashed away at it for a few minutes, neither of us seeming to do much damage to each other, then I got fed up and uninstalled.

But from what I hear, the game is more newbie friendly than the demo somehow? I want to know why so many people love this game and if I could be one of them.

You will hate the game for sure. This game fights are about endurance. Fights are LONG, it will take beginers between 25 to 35 mins to finish a hunt. Experienced players can take out early game monsters in 15 mins or less and if you think that is long then just ignore this game.

Also, I'm pretty sure the game tries to explain how mounting works after you mount it. Like "oh you know how to mount? im gonna explain it anyways!" but I didnt really pay attention because I already knew

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
You will hate the game for sure. This game fights are about endurance. Fights are LONG, it will take beginers between 25 to 35 mins to finish a hunt. Experienced players can take out early game monsters in 15 mins or less and if you think that is long then just ignore this game.

Also, I'm pretty sure the game tries to explain how mounting works after you mount it. Like "oh you know how to mount? im gonna explain it anyways!" but I didnt really pay attention because I already knew
To be fair, I don't recall seeing any proper tutorial for monster mounting in the demo. I probably wasn't paying attention :p I specifically got a tutorial for it in the full game though.

Anteo

To be fair, I don't recall seeing any proper tutorial for monster mounting in the demo. I probably wasn't paying attention :p I specifically got a tutorial for it in the full game though.

By tutorial you mean the guild girl talking just as the mount cutscene ends? Same thing happens in the demo. I really dont remember any other quest that forces you to mount a monster

Kinsei

Banned
Damn it. It didnt work like this in tri. I dont like playing single player. I just unlocked that damn trader and am now in harth.

You're gonna have to beat the single player to be of any use on Apex quests. If it's that unenjoyable to you, beat the Tetsucabra (to unlock decorations) and then come back to single player with G rank gear.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How do you capture a monster?

Get it to limp, trap, and tranq bombs?

I get more material for traps right?

When the monster is in limp mode, follow it to it's rest area.
Drop a trap it is susceptible to.
When it is trapped, tranq bomb it a couple times.

Damn guess I need to get to farming Nerscylla, I don't see the GS on the Smith's list.

Kinsei

Banned
You won't find much good sets early high. The first halfway decent one is Nscylla if I remember right.

I don;t care if it's early high or not. I mean, I went all the way to Rathalos in the starting armor after all so defense doesn't really matter to me.

Iryx

Just finished up all the 1-5* Caravan Quests and killed Shagaru Magala. Next up is the Low Rank Meeting Hall quests.

Also, how does expeditions work for low/high/G rank? Do you unlock high/G-rank expeditions or do you have to level up low level guild quests to fight higher ranks of the Everwood-exclusive monsters?

Pila

Yep, was a lot of fun!, and congrats on getting HR2!

Thanks, I was doing solo but decided to play a bit with GAF. It's kinda awesome being back in low rank, when you rank up it actually matters and it unlocks things ^^ you guys were big help, thanks for hunting.

Anura

I don;t care if it's early high or not. I mean, I went all the way to Rathalos in the starting armor after all so defense doesn't really matter to me.

Lol, well I guess I could give you a bunch of crazy recommendations.

Akantor has it's usual handicraft, hearing, expert, and -sharpness.

EX Ian and Los were nice if you wanted a quick sharpness+1

Garuga stuff has decent enough skills and is easy to make with like expert, hearing, and sharpness.

Pretty sure Nscylla has most of his low rank skills but with expert

I remember the gore stuff being ok

I mostly used mixed once I got to high rank so that's all I got, lol.

Pachimari

Ugh, a while day without Monster Hunter and I haven't even really gotten started yet.

Can I transfer my save data from my current MicroSD card to the one I'll buy next month? So that I won't lose my progress.

Sane_Man

Where can I buy nectar from to upgrade my insect glaive? I read that there's an old man who sells it but I can't find him! Man this weapon is confusing.. I'm scared I'm gonna fuck it up. I should basically upgrade power, speed and stamina right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom