• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Lol, well I guess I could give you a bunch of crazy recommendations.

Akantor has it's usual handicraft, hearing, expert, and -sharpness.

EX Ian and Los were nice if you wanted a quick sharpness+1

Garuga stuff has decent enough skills and is easy to make with like expert, hearing, and sharpness.

Pretty sure Nscylla has most of his low rank skills but with expert

I remember the gore stuff being ok

I mostly used mixed once I got to high rank so that's all I got, lol.

Man, Akantor armor sure brings me back. I'll never forget my abomination of a mixed set when I started G rank in MHFU.

Skull Mask
Conga Z
Akantor
Akantor
Akantor

Despite looking like shit it did have some nice skills.

Anura

Man, Akantor armor sure brings me back. I'll never forget my abomination of a mixed set when I started G rank in MHFU.

Skull Mask
Conga Z
Akantor
Akantor
Akantor

Despite looking like shit it did have some nice skills.
I remember farming pit purple gypcy and the darkness lance when I started G. The carving master and natural purple sharpness made it so worth!

Where can I buy nectar from to upgrade my insect glaive? I read that there's an old man who sells it but I can't find him! Man this weapon is confusing.. I'm scared I'm gonna fuck it up. I should basically upgrade power, speed and stamina right?
I don't think you buy it from anyone you gather it and get it as quests rewards

I've been dumping it into speed alone. Its at 101 speed on my gore glaive

Apparently you can knock other players down when they are climbing.

was playing with some dude who kept watch at the top of the wall and knocked me down as I got up there.

I love the new Khezu with his new attacks lol. After fighting the one in MHFU over and over again it was good to see him reinvented.

That new looping neck stretch animation is fantastic. Really nice to be fighting khezu again instead of gigginox. I've really been enjoying all of the reworked older monsters, maybe even a bit more than some of the new ones.

-Mikey-

Should I go for the Gore Magala GS?

I thought you go for raw damage over elemental, but it's a lot of damage and has a nice affinity.

Built a Nerscylla hammer for testing. I don't think I like it enough to invest in hammer as a weapon. While my kill time was pretty fast even with constant fuck ups it seems that it really requires absolute timing to get good hits/combos in.

So far SNS is my absolute best in terms of weapon usage/comfortableness. In previous games I used Long Sword so I'm trying to avoid that. Guess I'll try something new again.

Any recommendations for good Hunting Horn trees to look into? I'm running the Rathian tree, which is working really well for me, but I miss not having an Attack Boost song.

jorgejjvr

Guys I just got my MM new 3ds XL and everyone has said this, but it is AMAZING. And the 3d is unbelievable, it just simply works, like a wonder, I'm beyond impressed and in love with my new system

Cerity

Disappointed in the village najarala fight and most of the new monster quests, they're always over before you learn much about them :/ Had the same feeling going through P3rd.

NewGame

Banned
Disappointed in the village najarala fight, they're always over before you learn much about them :/ Had the same feeling going through P3rd.

Things get more interesting in the higher ranks, his move set becomes more vicious instead of just constantly spitting corn at you and doing that circle attack.

Cerity

They just don't have enough HP IMO, I remember the first time I fought the monsters in F2, they were all pretty signficant walls. I'd even be timing out in a few of the village quests.

Now I just sit there, poke them a couple times and they're dead. I wouldn't say I'm a good CB user either.

ilium

Disappointed in the village najarala fight and most of the new monster quests, they're always over before you learn much about them :/ Had the same feeling going through P3rd.

her animations are pretty amazing tho.

Gore is absolutely horrible so I'm farming snake armour... I hope that'll help me defeat it.

you mean najarala? wanna farm together? i want that set.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
They just don't have enough HP IMO, I remember the first time I fought the monsters in F2, they were all pretty signficant walls. I'd even be timing out in a few of the village quests.

Now I just sit there, poke them a couple times and they're dead. I wouldn't say I'm a good CB user either.

Village quests were nerfed significantly in gen 3 and 4. Guild quests are where the fun is at.

MrPanic

They definitely die too quickly in low rank, which explains why this iteration scored so highly by all those casual reviewers. Almost done with all the low rank caravan quests though, up next is low rank guild which I might solo in hope of a little challenge and then off to a hopefully better balanced high rank.

Help!

I have the receipt code for the MH4 themes for my 3DS but I have no idea where to insert them.

I used them at the store and I am told to use it in game. No idea where to use it in game though.

It really shouldn't be this complicated.

I finally unlocked all the palico stuff, and wanted to set up my streetpass to send a palico. When I go to select one of my two palicos, one is greyed out, and it says "You cannot send this palico." It's the first palico I got, that I rescued as part of the story. Is that why I can't send that one? Is that first rescue the same for everyone?

Couple noob questions:

What weapon should I try out if I want the best durability? Longsword was awful as I had use whetstones extremely often.

Is Tetsucabra armor pretty good for a new player? Also how exactly do I continue to fight either these or Great Jaggis. By redoing quests or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom