• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!

I have the receipt code for the MH4 themes for my 3DS but I have no idea where to insert them.

I used them at the store and I am told to use it in game. No idea where to use it in game though.

It really shouldn't be this complicated.

Go to where you switch your themes, then go to the theme store, then enter your code there. It's different from the regular eshop and its not done in game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually have the problem where I am killing monsters too quickly in low rank before I can break their parts. Might need to switch to a weapon I don't know well to get some tails/ears.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Couple noob questions:

What weapon should I try out if I want the best durability? Longsword was awful as I had use whetstones extremely often.

Is Tetsucabra armor pretty good for a new player? Also how exactly do I continue to fight either these or Great Jaggis. By redoing quests or something?

When looking at the weapons, look at that bar with colors. That will tell you the durability ranges of the weapons. A larger color means more durability with that sharpness.

Redoing quests is the typical way to farm boss monsters.

Couple noob questions:

What weapon should I try out if I want the best durability? Longsword was awful as I had use whetstones extremely often.

Is Tetsucabra armor pretty good for a new player? Also how exactly do I continue to fight either these or Great Jaggis. By redoing quests or something?

Idk about durability. All low rank weapons kinda suck on that imo.
Tetsucabra armor is the go to armor for low rank as I've seen online. Gives Health & Defense, can't really beat that.
And yes, just re-do quests.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I fought the velociraptor in an expedition and now I want to kill more of them for parts. Where do I find these in the normal map?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Oh cool, so keep doing expeditions! Didn't really know how those work, good to know I can keep finding monsters there.

DesGaizu

Neo Member
MqyzJ78.jpg

Farmed gore to make the switch axe and armour tonight, skills are pretty meh but monhun is 90% fashion right?

is there anything in the dlc section in the game? i forgot to check yesterday when I played. don't want to miss out on any free quest or something.

DesGaizu

Neo Member
Looks almost exactly like my gal.
Where do you get those rembroes skin that you need? I'm just missing the legs.

5star village has a slay 6 rem quest also guild has hr3 rem quest too.

Gore gives you challenger and partial handicraft. Not meh imo

I'm not 100% sure I understand the challenger skill, does it raise attack when the monster is raging? I notice your hand goes red and sadly I have no talis or gems to make handicraft useful yet.

Does anybody know how to unlock Ruby Basarios? All the JP wikis list it as an Everwood guild quest, but you have to actually get it to spawn in the Everwood first before it can be registered as a guild quest... right?

Infinite

5star village has a slay 6 rem quest also guild has hr3 rem quest too.

I'm not 100% sure I understand the challenger skill, does it raise attack when the monster is raging? I notice your hand goes red and sadly I have no talis or gems to make handicraft useful yet.

Yeah you get attack up s (or m?) and affinity when the monster is raged. Pretty good skill to be getting this early on. Partial handicraft will only be useful later it seems I don't know how soon you can get talismans or gems for it

Cerity

Finally failed a quest lol, on gore magala, it's explosion deal one hits me at full health haha. Time for some new armour I guess.

That said, I like how Gore Magala moves, reminds me of a big dog.

Delio

Finally failed a quest lol, on gore magala, it's explosion deal one hits me at full health haha. Time for some new armour I guess.

That said, I like how Gore Magala moves, reminds me of a big dog.

When he rages and grows the horns good lord.

Tetsucabra armor is a good starting armor set. Take a look at the G Jaggi and Velocidrome armor as well and see what you like the most.

For getting any monster again (not just G Jaggi), yes, you can just do the quest again, or alternatively once you beat him in the campaign, go to the expedition area and do a couple of expeditions and see if you can get a guild quest pop up with the G Jaggi in it. Note that the guild quest you can get from an expedition is not always the same monsters as the one in the expedition itself. Once you get one, register it from the Guild Quest list in the menu, and go into the gathering hall and you can replay it multiple times. Each time you do, you level up the quest so it does become a bit harder, but on the plus side you also can get more rare items when it becomes rare (it will tell you when).

A common problem to have is that if you have good weapons and go to fight an early monster, such as the G Jaggi you may kill it before you break all of its parts (such as getting the King's Frill). You could then go into the Gathering Hall and solo the G Jaggi quest in there, as it has higher health than the one in the campaign as the monsters in there are balanced for 2.5 players.

I'm digging the concept of the Seltas Queen, might be my favourite of the new monsters so far which I did not expect.
Nothing like leaping through the air to wallop the fused Seltas off the queen, really the various ways the Queen makes use of its lackey is just great.

squadr0n

Was able to get out this morning and get a copy before the freaking blizzard started. Cant wait to dig into my first Monster Hunter game, other than the few mins trying out Tri at the Gamestop I worked at when it came out. I just wanted to say thanks OP for a great OT with lots of places to get help for newcomers. Hope to get a chance to play with some Gaffers soon.

Now the real question is wait till my XL CPP ships to start or just do without until then. I refuse to get the "New" 3DS until Nintendo announces more titles coming to it I'll want. Plus i just bought the Persona Q XL in November.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Is this game going to be impossible to find in NA soon? I went to all my local game sellers and none of them had it. Target told me they only got TWO copies lol. I ordered it online, to avoid the Xenoblade struggle.

Also 17 more monsters than unite? wtf!

wiibomb

Is this game going to be impossible to find in NA soon? I went to all my local game sellers and none of them had it. Target told me they only got TWO copies lol. I ordered it online, to avoid the Xenoblade struggle.

Also 17 more monsters than unite? wtf!

I guess crapcom didn't thought it would be this successful, even amazon is out of stock..

I'm pretty happy about it.

About the monster in MH4U.. That's just one of the many many things MH4U has above MHFU, sheer numbers surpass MHFU in almost every aspect.. And as a player of both I can say this is the best MH yet

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I guess crapcom didn't thought it would be this successful, even amazon is out of stock..

I'm pretty happy about it.

About the monster in MH4U.. That's just one of the many many things MH4U has above MHFU, sheer numbers surpass MHFU in almost every aspect.. And as a player of both I can say this is the best MH yet

as someone who played mh1, mhf1, mhf2, mhfu and mh3 to absolute death I am happy to be returning to some new stuff :)

H1PSTER

well, thank you sir! farming is way more fun together.

Indeedy!

I implore anyone who's bored by farming solo to go online, organise it in this thread or wherever you post as it does make the game so much more fun.

You also get more loot for guild quests.

Tetsucabra armor is a good starting armor set. Take a look at the G Jaggi and Velocidrome armor as well and see what you like the most.

For getting any monster again (not just G Jaggi), yes, you can just do the quest again, or alternatively once you beat him in the campaign, go to the expedition area and do a couple of expeditions and see if you can get a guild quest pop up with the G Jaggi in it. Note that the guild quest you can get from an expedition is not always the same monsters as the one in the expedition itself. Once you get one, register it from the Guild Quest list in the menu, and go into the gathering hall and you can replay it multiple times. Each time you do, you level up the quest so it does become a bit harder, but on the plus side you also can get more rare items when it becomes rare (it will tell you when).

A common problem to have is that if you have good weapons and go to fight an early monster, such as the G Jaggi you may kill it before you break all of its parts (such as getting the King's Frill). You could then go into the Gathering Hall and solo the G Jaggi quest in there, as it has higher health than the one in the campaign as the monsters in there are balanced for 2.5 players.

Some good tips, thank you. I think I'll probably try out both the Tetsucabra and Jaggi armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom