• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

"Oh, sweet I just need this one thing and I'll have a cool new charge blade!"

*Looks up what an Earth Dragongem is and its drop rates. Cries*

ramyeon

"Oh, sweet I just need this one thing and I'll have a cool new charge blade!"

*Looks up what an Earth Dragongem is and its drop rates. Cries*
Don't despair! I got two of those in one hunt this morning.

Also, Guild Palico outfit is best.

zlCfzTA_VmAcHTDD9f

Coppanuva

Hoping to knock down the HR2 urgent tonight so I can finally rank up and buy potions easily.

Submitted too early but if anyone wants to help let me know.

Cerity

Is it me or is it slower now to perform triple pound with hammer?

Hammer on the whole seems to have been slowed down. There's more time between each pound in the combo, charging seems to take longer and there's more time between each stage of the big pound.

Khezu

So how are Dual Blades now?

Have they seen any significant upgrades since MH1?
I played around with them a lot, but overall I remember them feeling really gimmicky and clunky compared to the other weapons.

RNG is screwing me up the ass. Doing the quest to hunt for 4 Sulfur Crystals. Mined everything, every pick Axe broke(including the ones I bought) and I only end up with 3. So to keep all my items I try to do the subquest for the ripened mushroom. Go through every mushroom on the map and get Nada. Had to forfeit the quest and do it over. On my second go around right now and I just finished mining every stone and I only got 1 sulfur crystal -.- now to hunt for a ripened shroom again.

RNG is screwing me up the ass. Doing the quest to hunt for 4 Sulfur Crystals. Mined everything, every pick Axe broke(including the ones I bought) and I only end up with 3. So to keep all my items I try to do the subquest for the ripened mushroom. Go through every mushroom on the map and get Nada. Had to forfeit the quest and do it over. On my second go around right now and I just finished mining every stone and I only got 1 sulfur crystal -.- now to hunt for a ripened shroom again.
Heh I just did this quest to farm some bugs and malachite, oddly enough I got ripened mushrooms off some drops from some bugs

iosefe

slight derail, but playing 3U. 110 hours in. finally discovered Dual Blades. got myself an Insecticutter. any further suggestions?

JimPanzer

so, what the fastest way to get elder dragon blood? I know about the quests Advanced: Deep Trouble and Advanced: Wicked Wings, but they don't show up on my quest list. Anyone knows which quests I have to do first?

Neki

To get ripened mushrooms you need to let those little bug things go over to a mushroom patch and let their butts get really big, and then kill them to harvest one.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hit a wall at Gore finally. Spent the rest of the night getting a better longsword, and hopefully I'll be able to take him down on my commute tomorrow. But goddamn do his attacks hurt when he's enraged

thefil

Getting along in the main quests and now have Tigrex lined up as the next hunt. I've noticed I'm no longer gaining many caravan points, and in fact on many missions I earn 0. How exactly do I earn these on quests and what can I do to make sure I have a healthy supply?

JimPanzer

Does the equipment after Shagaru Magala is high rank gears?

yes

Getting along in the main quests and now have Tigrex lined up as the next hunt. I've noticed I'm no longer gaining many caravan points, and in fact on many missions I earn 0. How exactly do I earn these on quests and what can I do to make sure I have a healthy supply?

I haven't figured that out completely, but you definitely get points for account items like wyvern tears, you also get points for doing the subquests I believe. Doing a quest the first time seem to reward more points.

Busaiku

Hurray, got my Monster Hunter system.
Unfortunately, not opening till late tomorrow, as I try to get further in Majora's Mask 3D.
But I'll probably put that in the back for this, really not feeling too much, and I'm so pumped for this.

Hey guys - for those of you starting out, then here's a handy playlist for you:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHc2Wj95htvPWXPxztQYJck1KMTiE7t9v
[...]

Even though this is from ten pages ago (criminy this thread is moving fast), going to agree that these were really good, helpful videos, Arekkz. Thank you for posting them, you helped me understand my Switch Axe a lot better and confirmed a few things about the Glaive that'll help my play there too. I went from needing minutes to kill anything to taking down a Great Jaggi in about a minute! And I'm sure I can do even better.

Anyway, since it looks like there's a ton of new folks, anyone up for a Monday-night rank 1 stomp? I can host a room and we can just tear through the entirety of rank 1, top to bottom. Excepting the free gathering quests as you nerds can do that on your own time :v:

Hall ID is 62-1991-9411-7028 if that sounds like a good deal to anyone. Obviously fellow rank 1s are ideal but anyone who wants to tag along is welcome! Passcode is 9852.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm kind of stuck. I have done every 3 star quest, and all urgents except 1 that is a 4 star spider that seems too tough. Do I need to do this urgent before the game progresses?

Astarte

I'm kind of stuck. I have done every 3 star quest, and all urgents except 1 that is a 4 star spider that seems too tough. Do I need to do this urgent before the game progresses?

Yes. Wreck its face by flying into it with an Insect Glaive and never stop moving. I can't get over the Insect Glaive, this is unbelievably fun! It makes grinding for parts a breeze~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom