• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piotrek

Killed my first Tetsukabura! That was great fun! Is it worth getting the armor set? (jaggi armor now)

How do I get Paddock Oil btw?

The armor is very good at the beginning. It gives you Def s and hp +20 (or plus 50 with a single health gem). The only drawback is gathering -1 and only two slots. The thing is very easy to farm so you should definitely go for it.

Airan

Also, are there other ways to mount monsters other than running off a ledge and doing an unsheath-attack?

If your weapon is unsheathed you can also roll off a ledge to force a jump (normally you walk too slow to do a jump), so you don't have to sheath the weapon beforehand.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I can't believe they're still still making auto guard the first talisman, it's so incredibly bad for learning how to play.

At best it's a crutch and at worst it's actively making you do what you don't want to do.

I feel like a Health +8 talisman with a slot in it would be a far better thing to give to players at the beginning.

Because you can teach them about talismans AND decorations AND armor skills with a single item.

jorgejjvr

Guys what full set armor do you recommend for me?? I use the Insect glaive, I have the gore magala one currently which has dragon skill

Iryx

I cannot for the life of me get a Gore plate. I need one to complete my armor set and that stingy son of a bitch one drop one for me. Downed him about ten times and knocked his tail off all of those times. Plus I capped at least five times.

Don't cap him if you're going for plates, capping won't give you a plate from him, on the other hand it's a 5% chance from a body carve.

bobohoro

There isn't much choice in LR. I'm still rocking the Kaiser Blade, and probably will do so until HR, but if you want to start farming already, the Rathian line looks very solid and splits into two branches that offer some of the best CBs. But like all Rathian/los-weapons, they'll require some dedicated hunting to upgrade.

The Zamtrios line looks worthwhile for a beginning water weapon, but elemental phials need some expert play to shine, so I don't know how comfortable you already are with the weapon.

The Gore one seems to be the go-to-weapon in LR with high raw and dragon element. But it needs 3 feelers, so prepare to capture the thing a few times. Or break his shiny horns in rage mode, which can be pretty dangerous.

Shengar

Why does hunting for Bnahabra materials have to be so annoying?

Plus there's that awful squeal they make after a few seconds of poison bombing them eurgh
Trying to hunt them with ranged weapon is annoying too. They move around too much and when they got to close, my palicoes just evaporated them into pieces with their boomerangs.
I'm concerned that Auto-Guard is so effective on Charge Blade I'm becoming dependent on it.

Get rid of Auto-Guard and learn your guard points.

I really should get rid of that talisman soon.

Qurupeke

So, I'm finishing the 2* quests and I'll start making the veloci armor. It seems like the new jaggi armor as I always loved Atk+. I use a LS that I upgrade and it's probably the weapon type I'll main.

tuffy

I can't believe they're still still making auto guard the first talisman, it's so incredibly bad for learning how to play.
Not to mention a lot of weapons don't even have a guard, so it's this worthless thing that just sits in the equipment box. Any cheap 5 slot skill would be preferable, really.

Raxus

Just killed my first 4 star monster.

I was surprisingly ill prepared for an otherwise easy fight.

Luckily all the quests leading up to it were unbelievably easy so i recouped my losses.

Where can i get jumbo bones. Daddy needs a new bow and dragonite ore seems so far off.

I also need armour+ spheres.

ilium

i just found out that you can skip the death animation cutscene after taking down a monster. there is a skip button in the upper right corner of the touchscreen. :O

Reknoc

Luckily all the quests leading up to it were unbelievably easy so i recouped my losses.

Where can i get jumbo bones. Daddy needs a new bow and dragonite ore seems so far off.

I also need armour+ spheres.

If you're on 4 star then Dragonite Ore isn't far away at all.

Kinsei

Banned

Jumbo bones come from Tetsucabra. You can get dragonite ore and armor aphere +'s now, just go mining on the slay 8 Zamites quest.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Somehow the Shagaru Magala quest disappeared from the 6* quests. I'm pretty sure it was still there after I finished it once, but then I did the other available 6* quest (Rathian + Rathalos) and now it's gone. Is this supposed to happen? How do I farm the materials for my Charge Blade upgrade now?

Kinsei

Banned
Somehow the Shagaru Magala quest disappeared from the 6* quests. I'm pretty sure it was still there after I finished it once, but then I did the other available 6* quest (Rathian + Rathalos) and now it's gone. Is this supposed to happen? How do I farm the materials for my Charge Blade upgrade now?

Just like in MHFU the elder dragon quests appear and disappear at random. Just keep going on harvest tours and abandoning until it dshows up again.

MrPanic

It's still here for me, are you sure it's missing? It's one of the advanced quests.

edit: forgot that advanced quests appear and disappear after each quest, but yeah, that.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Still offline-only so far, except for the one time I ventured online just to test it out. It ran like shit honestly, was sub-30 fps the whole quest (nerscylla) with 4 players. I don't know if it's due to my regular 3DS or my bad wifi.

I've mostly stuck to GS so far, I'm not 100% new to the weapon but it was always a 'toy' before. As in I'd only use it once I got the best GS and armor skills in the game, then I'd go around killing everything with crit draw. So it's been interesting to use it from the start - I was able to get by with the Jaggi GS and Velociprey armor until high rank. At that point I was getting my shit wrecked by even the tiniest of hits, so last night I quickly farmed up high rank Velociprey armor. It was surprisingly much easier than making the low rank set thanks to that dual velocidrome quest you get.

Still haven't seen much in the way of good GS armor. I'm used to having crit draw, sheathing, and focus - earplugs help too. Right now all I got is attack up large and some minor things like autotracker. I was surprised by how fast they give you an awesome GS in high rank though, the Hermitaur one is very easy to make, blue sharpness and almost a 200 raw upgrade over what I was using. Getting a black pearl took a few kills but I needed the money from selling his parts anyways - I made a hammer to farm it because hammering crabs is fun, but that also cost me 20k.

I've also dabbled in HBG but I have no idea which guns to look into moving forward - hard to tell just from glancing at Kiranico which ones are good. I also REALLY need an evade distance charm so I can get more freedom in armor sets.

I feel like I blasted through low rank without really trying, so I'm going to slow down in high rank. I don't mind taking my time and farming up weapons and armor sets. I want to enjoy myself because at best it'll be years before we get a new game.

I think it's your old 3ds responsible for the framedrop. But then again I remember how bad your WiFi was.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Just like in MHFU the elder dragon quests appear and disappear at random. Just keep going on harvest tours and abandoning until it dshows up again.

It's still here for me, are you sure it's missing? It's one of the advanced quests.

edit: forgot that advanced quests appear and disappear after each quest, but yeah, that.

Oh, I didn't know that, thank you. I've only played Tri before and didn't get that far back then.

Kinsei

Banned
So the hunt athon Najarala really makes it clear that low rank quests are too short, i have no idea how to kill it cause i didnt learn in low rank

That's one thing I'm worried about. I never learned Najarala because I only had to fight it once, and it died in less than 10 minutes. High rank Najarala is going to be hell for me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

It's tagged as an advanced quest which means they cycle from a set list after you finish a quest.

Just deliver some meat (you give them one and they give you one in the quest reward box) to cycle it again.

Still haven't seen much in the way of good GS armor.

You can make a disgusting great sword set towards the end of low rank, make sure you do all 6 star village quests to unlock the brachy one so you can trade its parts for diablos parts.

The set is simple.

Diablos helm, diablos chest, diablos gloves, gore magala waist and shagaru magala (arc) legs.

2 crit draw gems and 4 sheating gems. No talisman needed

This set gives you.

Sharpness +1
Crit draw
Quick sheath.

You can get a 6 tremor res talisman for tremor resistance if you'd like and 1 grinder gem for fast sharpening.

It's an absolutely disgusting set. Especially when paired with the gore magala great sword line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom