• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgejjvr

Zamtrios is the first monster in a long time to make me feel EXCITED fighting it.

Like, a child-like glee fills me, and a big goofy smile on my face and uncontrollable giggling at the fun I'm having.

Last monster to do it was that massive dragon from the first monster hunter that needed a dragonator.

Hmm, what makes you so excited when fighting him?

Valus

So I've noticed I have 1 Bumblepumpkin, but I have no idea where I got it from. I want a fair few for the Mosgharl set. Anyone know where I can go and get more?

You get it as a rare reward from multiplying items with Wycoon. AKA don't get your hopes up. I've been farming nonstop and only have like 4 or 5.

Mupod

Zamtrios is the first monster in a long time to make me feel EXCITED fighting it.

Like, a child-like glee fills me, and a big goofy smile on my face and uncontrollable giggling at the fun I'm having.

Last monster to do it was that massive dragon from the first monster hunter that needed a dragonator.

he was interesting until he did the blow up thing, stopped doing any kind of threatening attacks and turned his entire body into a giant weak spot. What were they thinking?

It's pretty funny how hard he gets wrecked by HBG in that phase though.

Sigmaah

I gotta say, this game is very refreshing to play, haven't felt excitement like this for a bit now. Damn I love killing monsters.

On the kiranico website - If you go to the weapons page and look at elements, what's the difference between a filled in circle and an empty circle? For Instance, If you look at the Great Sword page, what's the difference between the Auberon's Fire Element (unfilled red circle) and the Red Wing's Fire Element (filled red circle)? I'm thinking of making a weapon of each type, but don't want to make the weaker of the two for each element.
I think the empty circles mean that you need the Awakening armor skill too unlock that element/effect while full circles mean they are base properties of the weapon.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Jumped off a cliff and laid he smack down mid air on the giant mosquito monster. Great feeling or greatest feeling?

Jumped off a cliff and laid he smack down mid air on the giant mosquito monster. Great feeling or greatest feeling?
Gotta say it's one of my favorite things about the IG. Leaping headlong into a flying monster right before it charges and smacking its ass to the ground is just fantastic.

Dragoshi1

Hmm, what makes you so excited when fighting him?

Zamtrios has tons of little quirks that just make him fun.

What got me interested in the MH series in the first place was how much "character" they squeezed into each monster, the way they move, vocalize, and react.

Zamtrios's movements and reactions and attack tells are great. The way he pivots in place a bit when ready to do that lunging bite while you run around him, the way he pops up out of the ice and looks around for you if you aren't in view, it's just, how you say, "real" to me.

Gets the blood pumping fighting something so animated. It's awesome.

Owensboro

I think the empty circles mean that you need the Awakening armor skill too unlock that element/effect while full circles mean they are base properties of the weapon.

FreeElemnt -- Awaken -- +10 -- Skill that releases the latent elemental properties in some weapons that don't have elements.

Well, I didn't know that existed. Thanks for the heads up! God, there's so much in this game I don't understand/know. It's fun!

R0ckman

Zamtrios has tons of little quirks that just make him fun.

What got me interested in the MH series in the first place was how much "character" they squeezed into each monster, the way they move, vocalize, and react.

Zamtrios's movements and reactions and attack tells are great. The way he pivots in place a bit when ready to do that lunging bite while you run around him, the way he pops up out of the ice and looks around for you if you aren't in view, it's just, how you say, "real" to me.

Gets the blood pumping fighting something so animated. It's awesome.

He's one of the only monsters that has more realistic quirks I think. None of the others do stuff like "look around if you aren't in view, allowing you to attack." Everybody else just spams obsessively hoping to hit you. Hell, some monsters like dragons seem like they won't stay still until they have you in in a direct attack. I wish there were little extra things like if you cut off Rathians tail and she attempts to use her powerful attack and goes "WTH happened to my tail?" Makes no sense for her to still use it.

Nachos

Is there any way to get blue mushrooms besides harvesting?
The only other way is by multiplying them with the wycoon.

So I've noticed I have 1 Bumblepumpkin, but I have no idea where I got it from. I want a fair few for the Mosgharl set. Anyone know where I can go and get more?
Pretty sure they're exclusively from the we wycoon, and I don't know if this is just luck or not, but I've gotten a ton just by cultivating ivy.

On the kiranico website - If you go to the weapons page and look at elements, what's the difference between a filled in circle and an empty circle? For Instance, If you look at the Great Sword page, what's the difference between the Auberon's Fire Element (unfilled red circle) and the Red Wing's Fire Element (filled red circle)? I'm thinking of making a weapon of each type, but don't want to make the weaker of the two for each element.
Every weapon has some type of elemental property – they just need the Awaken skill if they don't have it naturally, which is what the empty circle indicates. Awakened weapons generally have higher damage than innately elemental weapons of the same rank, but you'll just need to decide if it's worth using up skill points you could've spent elsewhere.

Currently maining charge blade and loving it have a full set of Velocioprey but wondering what set I should be trying to make next for charge blade any insights?

Doorman

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like early-game weapon upgrades in this game feel like they're way more reliant on machalite ore than they were in the past few iterations. I've had so many weapons waiting in line for mach to move on to their next step, so I'm in this weird constant state of farm for it. Maybe I just haven't had great luck with drops so far because it's felt slow to come by for as much of it as is needed.

Fandangox

Seltas Queen gives that and Razor Sharp. It's great for Charge Blades. Also stamina recovery down but it's easily gemmed out.

mmmh stamina recovery down sounds like a bit of a bummer.

I have a Gore Magala armor set, I believe that the Selta's queen armor set is about the same defense-wise? Can't really check atm.

So I just got to the 2nd town and I beat the Tetsucabra. I'm running with dual blades. Do most of you have to use potions, especially when you first encounter a monster? I can go back and kill the Great Jaggi now without using any potions, but I am definitely using potions on all of the monsters from 3* quests.

Valus

Currently maining charge blade and loving it have a full set of Velocioprey but wondering what set I should be trying to make next for charge blade any insights?

Seltas Queen gives that and Razor Sharp. It's great for Charge Blades. Also stamina recovery down but it's easily gemmed out.

mmmh stamina recovery down sounds like a bit of a bummer.

I have a Gore Magala armor set, I believe that the Selta's queen armor set is about the same defense-wise? Can't really check atm.

Yeah same stats defense wise. But really the stam recovery down is so easily gemmed out. Just forge one stam recovery +1 gem, put it in the Seltas helm, and boom. Done.

What do you think about the Seregios weapons? The gimmick sounds nice, but I don't know about the sharpness.

The Seregios armor looks great, and I like that it has Mind's Eye.

Mupod

So I've been semi-maining bowguns for a while but I've always been mostly self-taught with them. I read Mazereon's bowgun guides ages ago but I'd imagine that stuff is kinda outdated now.

Is there are more detailed, updated guide around? I'm also interested in finding a youtube video that illustrates how Normal 3's ricochets behave. I have a pretty good *idea* of it and a good general grasp of bowgun mechanics, but I'm sure someone out there has spent more time on this. I've also kinda forgotten effective ranges.

Kinsei

Banned
So I just got to the 2nd town and I beat the Tetsucabra. I'm running with dual blades. Do most of you have to use potions, especially when you first encounter a monster? I can go back and kill the Great Jaggi now without using any potions, but I am definitely using potions on all of the monsters from 3* quests.

I went through the entirety of low rank using only the 3 first aid meds + my cats to heal.

What do you think about the Seregios weapons? The gimmick sounds nice, but I don't know about the sharpness.

The Seregios armor looks great, and I like that it has Mind's Eye.

The LBG looks amazing, and the melee weapons seem to be good when combined with Seregios X armor.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Is the kelbi bow as broken as it was last game? Or should I focus more on getting and maximizing each of the different elements?

tuffy

Is there are more detailed, updated guide around? I'm also interested in finding a youtube video that illustrates how Normal 3's ricochets behave. I have a pretty good *idea* of it and a good general grasp of bowgun mechanics, but I'm sure someone out there has spent more time on this. I've also kinda forgotten effective ranges.
Gaijin Hunter's heavy bowgun tutorial is slightly more up-to-date and shows off the little screen shudder that happens at optimal range now. Though there hasn't been a lot of changes to the weapon mechanically, to be honest, so most of mazereon's tips still apply.

The LBG looks amazing, and the melee weapons seem to be good when combined with Seregios X armor.

Wow, the Regios X's Edge Lore sounds great, especially combined with its weapons. Too bad it's until Rank G, but Seregios is such a fun fight that I don't mind grinding it.

But bleeding is something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom