• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

What does "Gloves Off" do? It says greatly increases weapon attack when certain conditions are met. What are those conditions?

Also, anyone down for some HR3 to HR4?

Hrmmm...I think it is when you take so much damage, it increases you affinity (Element us chances) Might be wrong!

Faiz

So does Gore always spend most of the fight enraged or just the first time? Starts off enraged, stays that way for 5+ minutes, goes back to normal for a couple minutes, then enraged for the rest of the fight. Went through all 10 of my mega pots, and really thought it was over for me. Didn't think he was anywhere near death as he never showed any signs of weakness.

Upside: broke the feelers and got a plate

Raide

So does Gore always spend most of the fight enraged or just the first time? Starts off enraged, stays that way for 5+ minutes, goes back to normal for a couple minutes, then enraged for the rest of the fight. Went through all 10 of my mega pots, and really thought it was over for me. Didn't think he was anywhere near death as he never showed any signs of weakness.

Not sure if Exhausting him drops him out of enrage. He might just be angry all the time. :D

monster_hunter_motivational__rhenoplos_by_teambrownie1-d666yos.jpg

KwHSCvJ.png

R0ckman

After farming Magala for a while, I'm not liking it. Getting a bit annoying even though I've beat him tons. He moves too agressively to keep track of with camera. Sometimes if I use lock to boss, camera bugs out. Absolute nightmare in demon mode unless I lay traps. Ticks me off that his wings get claws too.

R0ckman

It seems random, one time I was just getting a feel for him not attacking and he went demon on me within 3 minutes.

He does limp, but you may end killing him in demon mode.

You have to beat the hell out of him to get him out of demon mode. He'll tumble and pathetically revert like a light switch.

Hit his face to knock him out of enrage.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How do you guys use the light bow gun? Do you do hit and runs without aiming, just pointing at the creature and getting off a few quick shots then rolling away?

Or do you run to a distance, and fire?

When you fire, do you move your left thumb to the D-pad to aim so your right thumb is on the fire button?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What exactly does this Low or High thing mean? I see it mentioned here as well as that awesome site that shows what materials are where.

tuffy

How do you guys use the light bow gun? Do you do hit and runs without aiming, just pointing at the creature and getting off a few quick shots then rolling away?

Or do you run to a distance, and fire?

When you fire, do you move your left thumb to the D-pad to aim so your right thumb is on the fire button?
My general approach is to:
  1. point my hunter in the general direction of the monster
  2. tap the R trigger to bring up the 1st person scope
  3. use the left analog pad to fine-tune my aim toward a weak spot
  4. fire one or more shots with A
  5. tap R trigger again to exit scope
That keeps my right hand on the trigger while my left hand doubles for both moving and aiming. Looking down the 1st person scope is a bit intimidating at first because you're anchored in place, but I've gotten into the habit of bouncing in and out of it very quickly.

Shengar

Does Gore's wings appear like Alatreon's when they're broken? holes and stuff

I'm seeing damage on his wing legs, guessing that doesn't count as broken wings? need dem wings breh
IIRC, no holes, but you can see his wing limb and tip damaged.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
My general approach is to:
  1. point my hunter in the general direction of the monster
  2. tap the R trigger to bring up the 1st person scope
  3. use the left analog pad to fine-tune my aim toward a weak spot
  4. fire one or more shots with A
  5. tap R trigger again to exit scope
That keeps my right hand on the trigger while my left hand doubles for both moving and aiming. Looking down the 1st person scope is a bit intimidating at first because you're anchored in place, but I've gotten into the habit of bouncing in and out of it very quickly.

Do you play with 3D enabled? I find that the scope is useless with 3D on.

I'm using the hold R trigger aiming...

tuffy

Do you play with 3D enabled? I find that the scope is useless with 3D on.

I'm using the hold R trigger aiming...
I've actually been using 3D a bit more with the New 3DS lately, though I haven't noticed it helping my aim at all.

The nice thing about holding R to use the 3rd person aiming is that you get more peripheral vision, but I've never gotten the hang of it. I don't like taking my left thumb off the pad or right hand off the face buttons when aiming, so I just stick with the 1st person scope.

Here's how it looks like from an old 3 Ultimate run.

Just got the game. When would you recommend going into the online mode? I played about 10-12 hours of mh3u but never went online and am thinking of trying out some of the new weapons too.

Sorry if this was already answered, I checked the OP and the gaf guild link and didn't see anything there.

Seil

Just got the game. When would you recommend going into the online mode? I played about 10-12 hours of mh3u but never went online and am thinking of trying out some of the new weapons too.

Sorry if this was already answered, I checked the OP and the gaf guild link and didn't see anything there.

Whenever you feel like it. That said, progression in the offline content will unlock features that will be useful to you. So it's best to balance them some.

Doorman

What exactly does this Low or High thing mean? I see it mentioned here as well as that awesome site that shows what materials are where.

Monster Hunter quests are typically divided into different tiers. In the case of the "Ultimate" games, that means there's a group of quests for Low Rank, High Rank, and G Rank. Taking quests on higher ranks means the monsters will have more health, deal more damage, and sometimes have new moves and attacks they didn't use in lower ranks. The upside of this is that there are new tiers of materials that you can gather in the environment (bugs and ores in particular) and new monster materials.

For the gathering hall quests, the 1-star through 3-star quests are low rank, 4-6 high rank, 7+ G rank. Village quests also start out low rank, though I'm not sure if there are high rank equivalents or not. There were high rank village quests in 3U so I'd assume they show up in some form here, too.

After you get decent armor and weapons. I started playing online around 3 and 4 star village quests and by then I had jaggi and tetsucabra armor with decent weapons.

You can whenever though some people just might get mad they're carrying you

PKrockin

Low Rank and High Rank quests. Monsters get faster, stronger, and more attacks in High Rank and even more in G-Rank. A whole new set of materials are available in each tier as well. The village quests from 6* onward are High Rank I believe (correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not there yet)

Renoir

im glad i got this game.
fun single player. fun multi player.
looks like im going to be playing this for a long time.

btw.. how i get to cat island? saw a vid talking about thats how you get a 2nd cat. or i can get another one sooner?

PKrockin

im glad i got this game.
fun single player. fun multi player.
looks like im going to be playing this for a long time.

btw.. how i get to cat island? saw a vid talking about thats how you get a 2nd cat. or i can get another one sooner?
Just progress the story.

Astarte

Killing the Rathian AND Rathalos at the same time with one level 3 GS charge is THE BEST FEELING YEAHHHHHHHHHH
I don't know what happened but YEAHH. I think the rathalos flew in as I was about to land the final hit = v =

Cerity

Just killed a Zinogre with CB's uber charge :3

So satisfying when the camera zooms out and you land it on a monsters face.

Prototype

I played till quite far into high rank offline. Got myself a high rank weapon and armour and then plowed through the guild hall stuff. Made it from hr1-6 today solo.
I think I'm ready for online. At least a bit. Want to mix it up. Only played offline so far to make sure I had farm and some supplies on hand before jumping online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom