• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

monster_hunter_motivational__rhenoplos_by_teambrownie1-d666yos.jpg

First timer here in MH and i love to play solo, multiplayer is not my thing.

Can i play it from beginning to the end without others hunters?

Yep! If it's anything like MH3U, you could get around 80 hours of solo time, and that's excluding re-doing quests/monsters to get better gear.

magnetic

I used to mainly play great sword and sns, but I got kinda bored with constantly running around and dodging, so I finally started learning Lance, and holy shit, it's like learning everything all over again,it's such a different way of combat.

I really enjoy it, though. The feeling of just blocking through everything plus the precision and reach of the stabs is very refreshing after blade weapons for so long.

I love how the sparks fly, too. Lance just looks so intense and powerful!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Apparently I'm wrong; very sorry. You do need the frozen map. :(

But I swear I got to it pretty early on... apparently at the beginning of 4*.

Yep, just unlocked that place, woo!

Thanks! Time to upgrade!

Raide

I take it the silence means there isn't xD

Much of it is just making the early sets from the monster encounters you manage to beat and are happy that you could farm them a few times without much difficulty. Early on make them all but many people head to the Rathalos set as their first main set. Its also the first set that kinda requires you to work hard to get your plates etc. :D

Then you start to fight much harder monsters and then you start to pick item sets that benefit your weapon skills, or supplement you class weakness.

Some are better than others, depending on the weapon you use.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/

Go here and start to filter the list based upon Gunner or Blademaster, then start to check the armour skills each set gives you.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, but everything is on Wiki. You need to look for most information, but you need to know the right places!

Head here for weapon progression stuff - this is an example for the Insect Glaive.

And head here for a site that can show you what monsters drop which materials - this is an example of Sharqskin Scale.

Good luck!

Much of it is just making the early sets from the monster encounters you manage to beat and are happy that you could farm them a few times without much difficulty. Early on make them all but many people head to the Rathalos set as their first main set. Its also the first set that kinda requires you to work hard to get your plates etc. :D

Then you start to fight much harder monsters and then you start to pick item sets that benefit your weapon skills, or supplement you class weakness.

Some are better than others, depending on the weapon you use.

http://kiranico.com/armor

Go here and start to filter the list based upon Gunner or Blademaster, then start to check the armour skills each set gives you.

Thank you very much :)

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Does anyone know how/where to find a gendrome? I've found genprey everywhere but the gendrome is nowhere to be found!

Really wanting to upgrade my sword

ohlawd

Does Gore's wings appear like Alatreon's when they're broken? holes and stuff

I'm seeing damage on his wing legs, guessing that doesn't count as broken wings? need dem wings breh

Jobbs

Banned
I'm a monster hunter newbie. I've just been learning the ropes. I recently unlocked the expedition stuff and I've been doing the gathering missions in the new land.

I was on my way back after a free for all harvest quest thing, and I was trying to find the entry point and ended up climbing into some kind of nest. was an evil leaping mammal thing up there. I decided to fight it.

battled it out for a while, but didn't have many healing items and when it was apparently low it went into some kind of apeshit berserk mode and I died.

I've been using the longsword, after stints with the hammer and greatsword. it seems to be a good compromise between usability and power. I have a bone sword upgraded several times. I'm wearing mostly raptor armor (or whatever those things are called).

here's the big question I'm still stuck with: how do I change what items are in the two quickslots on the touch screen?

Assault

Had no choice but to ditch the starting armor once I had to fight
Gore Magala on the tiny, tiny ship.
Sad to see it go because I thought it looked kinda cool.

tariniel

So I unlocked the actual kill mission for Gore Magala last night. He's the first monster to cart me twice so far. Dude is really fast and I was blocking too much with my charge blade, that small damage you take from blocks adds up pretty quickly. I also need to use guard point more but I never think about it in the heat of a fight.

I think I also need to farm him a bit for materials for a new charge blade, so that should be a great time.

Rotate the stick and mash A (You also need to do this to catch the larger fish). You could also just throw a dungbomb, but I'm not sure if that counts toward the achievement.

You can throw a dung bomb to get the monster off you. Otherwise just rotate the analog stick and mash buttons.

Wiggle the slide pad.

Wait really? I thought for the big fish it was hold R and mash A? That's been working for me at least. I guess I'll see if rotating is better.

Thanks guys. It was basically a death sentence going the entire duration.

Raide

I have the mats to upgrade to either the Gore SnS or CB. Is one any better than the other in their respective type, or are both equally good?

Usually upgrade the one you use the most or the one that leads to another weapon you really want.

Crazy people usually just make and upgrade everything. :D

depths20XX

Question about online.

So even though I'm on 4 star quests in single player I have to redo all the low quests in multiplayer to get my rank up?

I only played 3U single player so this online stuff is new to me.

Raide

Question about online.

So even though I'm on 4 star quests in single player I have to redo all the low quests in multiplayer to get my rank up?

Not all the same quests but yes, you pretty much have to rank up your HR to get access to the better stuff. If you managed to get through most of the story, you should be skilled and geared enough to steamroll them.

You may as well team up with others and get ranked quickly.

Nachos

here's the big question I'm still stuck with: how do I change what items are in the two quickslots on the touch screen?
Start>Customize Panels>Options

Question about online.

In a sense, but not all of the quests will be retreads of the single player ones.

Usually upgrade the one you use the most or the one that leads to another weapon you really want.

Crazy people usually just make and upgrade everything. :D
Yeah, I use both but main the SnS. I was just wondering if the Gore CB is too good to pass up. Otherwise I'll make the SnS I guess.

Raide

Elemental Atk Up if you have elemental bows.

Abn. Status Atk Up if you use Poison, Sleep etc more.

You also pick skills that link to what bow skills you have, since bow have different coatings and charge abilities. The bows are usually pierce damage, so increases to that help.

Focus (I think helps with charging). Faster you get up the charge scale, the more damage.

Capacity Up Helps with more charge levels, which can make an extra level on a weapons charge.

Evade helps if something charges you. (Stay as mobile and do hit and run for most bow encounters.)

Yeah, I use both but main the SnS. I was just wondering if the Gore CB is too good to pass up. Otherwise I'll make the SnS I guess.

Unless the CB is a massive step up from what you have, usually safer to go with what will help you progress, skills/damage wise.

What does "Gloves Off" do? It says greatly increases weapon attack when certain conditions are met. What are those conditions?

Also, anyone down for some HR3 to HR4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom