• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

Oh looks like I've got most of the mats for my next CB! I just need some s.queen extract! Let's see-

P8qH7mz.png

:|

It's too early in the game for this

ramyeon

What's the best place to find Kelbi in High Rank? Need some high quality pelts :/

Edit: Can't believe I'm having trouble finding Kelbi. They're not in any of the usual spots anymore.

ramyeon

Hey guys I JUST reached HR 4 and will be doing the quests, anyone interested?

46-6820-6752-5004

I'm down. Maybe I'll find some Kelbi so I can finally finish off my first HR set lol.
Elemental phials > impact phials and it's also the only low rank water CB. I plan on using it for Brachydios.
Oh really? I've been sticking to Impact so far, I guess it would be nice to have a variety of elemental ones to switch up for certain hunts.

Man, the single player in MH4 is SOOOOOO improved from MH3U. It's constantly adding more stuff for you to grab and improve your farming/gathering, and actually feels like there's a story half worth paying attention to.

Things start really flowing once you get around that second required expedition.

Elija2

Man, fuck the Khezu. He always does his electricity attack right when I'm about to hit him and it doesn't give me enough time to get out of the way.

I've played a bit of Freedom Unite and liked it, but I'm OBSESSED with this game now. Love the hammer, but the insect glaive is a ton of fun too-- but I'm confused about which nectars to give the kinsect. Anyone have any general tips for that?

R0ckman

Gore Insect Glaive rips through Magala! Farming is much easier.

Also read the Palico guide. Interesting stuff. I also had something weird happen, my protection Palico has Last Stand, but when I was fighting a boss he was reviving multiple times. Doesn't Last Stand power up your cat at the cost of no revives?

I have no idea how Meowster Hunters work.

If your talking about the mini game, red attacks are strong against blue, blue attacks are strong against yellow, yellow is strong against red.

LProtag

Alright, I'm caving in and heading out to the store to buy this tomorrow.

It's probably going to make me really want to get a New 3DS... but hopefully I'll just end up getting a Circle Pad Pro instead.

I've played a bit of Freedom Unite and liked it, but I'm OBSESSED with this game now. Love the hammer, but the insect glaive is a ton of fun too-- but I'm confused about which nectars to give the kinsect. Anyone have any general tips for that?
GaijinHunter on YouTube has a good video about the Insect Glaive :) I'm on mobile so can't link but just type in "gaijin hunter insect Glaive" or "gaijin hunter kinsect" and the tutorial should be the first hit. :)

If your talking about the mini game, red attacks are strong against blue, blue attacks are strong against yellow, yellow is strong against red.

It's a game of rock paper scissors. Make sure you take cats that the monsters are weak to and then use the super effective attacks. The color triangle is in the lower right when you're choosing what you want them to fight.

Yep that's what I was talking about. Thanks for the info.

jorgejjvr

It's funny how there are only two thunder charge blades. One of them being from Fatalis and the other being from upgrading to Defender's blade a certain way. For someone who loves elements, that's disappointing.

-Alternis

Prototype

Man, the single player in MH4 is SOOOOOO improved from MH3U. It's constantly adding more stuff for you to grab and improve your farming/gathering, and actually feels like there's a story half worth paying attention to.

Things start really flowing once you get around that second required expedition.
I enjoyed the story. It was cool going around places and the npcs are funny.

I have no idea how Meowster Hunters work.

collect a billion (more than 5) palicos (every solo quest, go to the cat area and find the one recruitable cat and recruit it)

make sure they aren't 1st string and are stringers (aka not on your main team)

start meowster hunter. all you care about (for my explanation) is the red, blue, and yellow icons next to each cat. look at the monsters you're facing.

red: bring yellow icons
blue: bring red icons
yellow: bring blue icons

some cats have two icons per. great! take them. try to have an even distribution and I suggest having one green cat (healer)

each round you're randomly given a choice of icons to pick. Pick the correct color to fight against the monster, as shown above. R->B->Y->R (think R(W)BY ;_;)

the end. you get one provision each quest. so do three random quests then do a full meowster hunter run.

Santiako

collect a billion (more than 5) palicos (every solo quest, go to the cat area and find the one recruitable cat and recruit it)

make sure they aren't 1st string and are stringers (aka not on your main team)

start meowster hunter. all you care about (for my explanation) is the red, blue, and yellow icons next to each cat. look at the monsters you're facing.

red: bring yellow icons
blue: bring red icons
yellow: bring blue icons

some cats have two icons per. great! take them. try to have an even distribution and I suggest having one green cat (healer)

each round you're randomly given a choice of icons to pick. Pick the correct color to fight against the monster, as shown above. R->B->Y->R (think R(W)BY ;_;)

the end. you get one provision each quest. so do three random quests then do a full meowster hunter run.

Or just skip all that and send them from the cat in your house. No need to do the minigame that way :p

tuffy

I'm so far behind. I've finally gotten around to beating the Gore Magala urgent, but it's going to be a little while before I can find some use for the plate from his shiny drop. His HBG looks promising, though.

Shengar

Still have room for 2 more.
It just two of us, but it was fun nonetheless
And yeah, Gypceros is immune to shock trap :p
I'm so far behind. I've finally gotten around to beating the Gore Magala urgent, but it's going to be a little while before I can find some use for the plate from his shiny drop. His HBG looks promising, though.

All of its weapon looks promising :p

So I just did a "catch four goldenfish" quest, and got an upgrade to my casting machine saying I can "catch more fish"... Does that mean more VARIETIES of fish, or number of fish per haul?

Renewed

Geez I'm at 45+ hours and have yet to touch online beyond HR3.

The "final" boss was so awesome. Can't wait to start Dundorma!

So I just did a "catch four goldenfish" quest, and got an upgrade to my casting machine saying I can "catch more fish"... Does that mean more VARIETIES of fish, or number of fish per haul?
I think it just adds a star to the fish ingredient when eating a meal, which means meals with fish in it gives more stats than before

Just spent a long time looking at my equipment and trying to figure out a combination that would allow me to use both Pellet Up and Fast Charge. It's just not happening this early.

Deciding to slot Speed Gather into my poop-tier Pellet Up armor instead. Or, I may just try and get the Mosgharl armor, as time consuming as that may be.

linid0t

Just beat
S. Magala
- pretty awesome fight -
super explosive!

So are all these village quests after
level 5
considered high rank? Or are these still low rank power enemies?

I think it just adds a star to the fish ingredient when eating a meal, which means meals with fish in it gives more stats than before

Huh? I'm not talking about a cook upgrade, I'm talking about the casting machine.

Regardless, a cat seemed to have cleared it up -- it's more varieties. I was hoping for more quantity!

Kinsei

Banned
Just beat
S. Magala
- pretty awesome fight -
super explosive!

So are all these village quests after
level 5
considered high rank? Or are these still low rank power enemies?

No. 7* and up is high rank and the 6* quests are low rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom