• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
I need a better weapon, can someone help? I decided to main charge blade and for some reason it's the one weapon that isn't getting new forging recipes. I'm still using the defenders blade. I need something better, just started the 4star village quests.
You should be able to upgrade it to the Kaiser Blade pretty easily; that's carried me into 5* quests. Dragonite, Nerscylla claws, and Lightcrystals.

Mupod

I need a better weapon, can someone help? I decided to main charge blade and for some reason it's the one weapon that isn't getting new forging recipes. I'm still using the defenders blade. I need something better, just started the 4star village quests.

hammers are fun to use and generally pretty easy to make. If you've been casually mining, you probably have ore lying around to upgrade the iron hammer line pretty far.

Try buying a new basic Charge Blade from the guy that sells basic weapons - there should be new weapon paths opened up on it. That exact same thing happened to me with the Bowgun... I was like "where's all the upgrades?!" Then I re-bought the Cross Bowgun and found the Jaggi Fire, which was never available before.

This should help:
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/chargeblade

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You should be able to upgrade it to the Kaiser Blade pretty easily; that's carried me into 5* quests. Dragonite, Nerscylla claws, and Lightcrystals.

Any idea where to get a light crystal and the dragonite?

Yes. It gives artillery which increases your impact phial blast damage and Razor Sharp which makes your sharpness decrease at half the speed. Just gem out the stamina recovery down debuff.
Cool. I think I'm gonna go for that set before doing any more quests. Thanks!

MikeDip

Bleh I don't think I am near that frozen place, I just got to the third looking area, that P Forest.
Guess I gotta stick with what I have for now.

Moondrop

Banned
Bleh I don't think I am near that frozen place, I just got to the third looking area, that P Forest.
Guess I gotta stick with what I have for now.
Play as you like but to be clear, you don't need to go to Frozen Seaway yet. You can get the Lightcrystals you need from Gypceros. I would say the upgrade is worth it; I'm through most of the 5* village quests and am only now considering needing an upgrade.

How is this without a Circle Pad Pro or without the New 3DS nub?
Just fine for me; you can customize the position of the virtual d-pad to optimize it to your thumb.

MikeDip

Play as you like but to be clear, you don't need to go to Frozen Seaway yet. You can get the Lightcrystals you need from Gypceros. I would say the upgrade is worth it; I'm through most of the 5* village quests and am only now considering needing an upgrade.

Just fine for me; you can customize the position of the virtual d-pad to optimize it to your thumb.

I'm hunting that thing now, thanks!
Still need the dragonite, you said the cave map? That the one with the blue cave?

Moondrop

Banned
I'm hunting that thing now, thanks!
Still need the dragonite, you said the cave map? That the one with the blue cave?
Apparently I'm wrong; very sorry. You do need the frozen map. :(

But I swear I got to it pretty early on... apparently at the beginning of 4*.

gembel

how do i get King's Frills from G Jaggie?? I keep smashing the head but not getting it :(

need to make Jaggie armor to complete set...

Astarte

how do i get King's Frills from G Jaggie?? I keep smashing the head but not getting it :(

need to make Jaggie armor to complete set...

I got it by equipping the default hammer and smashing its head over and over again. That method worked three times; I got two frills by breaking the Jaggie's head on the last hit. I don't know why it's so hard to break it tbh

gembel

I got it by equipping the default hammer and smashing its head over and over again. That method worked three times; I got two frills by breaking the Jaggie's head on the last hit. I don't know why it's so hard to break it tbh

is it better to solo the quest or multiplayer?

Kinsei

Banned
I thought the six star quests were supposed to be high rank. I was expecting a long arduous battle in the Rathian + Rathalos quest but Rathian died in under 5 minutes.

is it better to solo the quest or multiplayer?

Solo. He has so little health that in multiplayer you'll most likely kill him before breaking the frill.

Kane1345

I got one from my first Pink Rathian xD

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24676-1398885453-4.gif

Fandangox

I thought the six star quests were supposed to be high rank. I was expecting a long arduous battle in the Rathian + Rathalos quest but Rathian died in under 5 minutes.l.

From what I have noticed I think monsters have left health if paired with another monster.
Not even sure if true, but they seem to die faster.

butman

First timer here in MH and i love to play solo, multiplayer is not my thing.

Can i play it from beginning to the end without others hunters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom