• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

No, I was talking about the caravan. The caravaneer will ask you to go to Dundorma, where you will get an urgent quest that will unlock the 7* caravan quests. Other than that, you'll only have, like, 2 quests for 6* for now.

Edit: Also, I just realized that I was assuming you are already at 6* quests rather than just asking a general question of when high rank starts for the caravan. I apologize if my answer wasn't making a whole lot of sense since I was answering with a different context.

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Squishy3

I just got my MH4 New 3DS bundle, and I've plowed a bunch of time into the game. It's fun experimenting with the new Charge Axe.

One thing I've noticed happening a few times that I don't remember happening when I played MH4 is that sometimes, I see a bunch of gather points in an area when I enter it, only for them to vanish when I get closer. Is that normal?
They vanish on a fixed timer now sometimes to your detriment but it now means that they regularly cycle at a fixed rate and as a result you're not sometimes stuck with no mining points or bug catching points in a map.

Shengar

I just got my MH4 New 3DS bundle, and I've plowed a bunch of time into the game. It's fun experimenting with the new Charge Axe.

One thing I've noticed happening a few times that I don't remember happening when I played MH4 is that sometimes, I see a bunch of gather points in an area when I enter it, only for them to vanish when I get closer. Is that normal?
Yes, that's normal. More than once a resource disappeared when I harvest them or after taling care of annoying genprey. It's not like they disappeared completely though, as most likely another node spawn in different area.

NewGame

Banned
15 gores

0 plates

HR6 and still no gore weapons or armor.

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Tetsucabra high rank set done. Equally simple to make as low rank version. After grinding Rathalos for a plate for a weapon I don't really even need I said fuck it and went the easy route lol

Revenile

I don't have the game yet, I have the money for it (in store credit at my indie game shop) but the damn thing is sold out everywhere here. It sucks.

I don't have the game yet, I have the money for it (in store credit at my indie game shop) but the damn thing is sold out everywhere here. It sucks.

There's always the eshop, if you're desperate.

Game's been sold out everywhere near where I live too. Hope it's a sign it's performing well.

Ludovico

So I've been in Harth long enough to get the people back to work, then started grinding a Velocidrome guild quest in order to upgrade my dual blades.

In the guild hall, I see there are HR1 quests - for the ones that match quests I've already done in story, are they equivalent in difficulty, or are HR quests significantly more difficult?

Should I be alternating between HR1 and the available story quests, or focus on one over another?

Tried hammer to kill Tescacabra and Velocidrome. Leaves me waaayyy too open for that quick raptor. I can't imagine how I used to keep up in MHFU where I mainly used a GS. Welp, back to dual blades!

Cerity

Not sure how people are finding it so hard to break G. Jaggi's frill, progressing through the guild quests now and managed to break it on the first try :p

Got Kings Frill in the quest rewards too.

Not sure how people are finding it so hard to break G. Jaggi's frill, progressing through the guild quests now and managed to break it on the first try :p

He dies so fast its hard to break. I couple of times even with the hammer I had to let him rest just to make sure I would break it

I wish every game grabbed me like Monster Hunter does. Every so often I question whether or not I enjoy gaming like I used to, then a new MH game comes out and hours fly by!

Monster Hunter rookie, almost 20 hours in, and I'm struggling to find a weapon to stick. The dual blades feel the most natural, but I can't manage to break anything or cut tails so I want to try something different but I can't settle or tell if I just need to git gud. What are other rooks and noobs using? Aside from my current struggle, this is my game of games.

DemonDogRex

Neo Member
Monster Hunter rookie, almost 20 hours in, and I'm struggling to find a weapon to stick. The dual blades feel the most natural, but I can't manage to break anything or cut tails so I want to try something different but I can't settle or tell if I just need to git gud. What are other rooks and noobs using? Aside from my current struggle, this is my game of games.

I mostly use Hammer, Greatsword, and Charge Blade though i use some other stuff like Longsword, SnS and Insect Glaive. Whenever I need to cut/break stuff I go to Greatsword though, as it's much easier for me to focus in on the part of the body with it than with the other weapons

JimPanzer

Is the mounting thing as broken later on in the game? Cus I'm still in the early quests (about 5 hours in) and you can pretty much spam it.

not sure about G-rank, but in high rank single-player it becomes much less viable, it's often too dangerous to risk not mounting the monster and then standing right in front of it.

Pro players don't use it at all, because it takes too much time for the result you get of it.

Wooo! Just downed Gypceros. Guy was a bit difficult because I forgot some antidotes and I didn't have anything to hold the fucker down.

Anyway, broke his stupid flint and made the sucker pay. LOVING this game. MH3U on WiiU was my first MH and this game is just leaps better IMO, even though I LOVED MH3U.

Durden77

I'm like around 12 hours into this game and I feel like I still don't know where to start. I think I'm having fun though. Just made an entire set of armor out of Great Jaggi stuff so that's pretty exciting.

Fandangox

Anyone want to help me get to HR5? I only need to do Dastardly Duo and then the urgent.

49-50386110-0373

Pass: 5555

Edit: Hall closed, no one came ;-;

Yrael

Question - is it worth getting the digital version of this for the sake of faster loading times, or would it not make much of a difference?

(I'm using a new 3DS.)

I mostly use Hammer, Greatsword, and Charge Blade though i use some other stuff like Longsword, SnS and Insect Glaive. Whenever I need to cut/break stuff I go to Greatsword though, as it's much easier for me to focus in on the part of the body with it than with the other weapons
Alright I'll give great sword a shot, I tried the hammer but I can't get the hang of KOing and headshots, my tracking is really bad. But I'll give a great sword a run tomorrow and try out the charge blade again.

Astarte

It's so easy to just murder it :[

30 Gore Magalas
0 Plates

I think I'm done

Is the mounting thing as broken later on in the game? Cus I'm still in the early quests (about 5 hours in) and you can pretty much spam it.
Do you have on the starter armor? It has a skill that let's you spam mounts on it which is why you're probably getting so many off

Noob question. How do you level from HR1 to HR2?

I just finished my first expedition.

That's your online ranking. To progress between each level you need to do specific key quests (you can google which ones are). Once you've met the requirement you'll unlock an urgent quest just like offline. Completing that increases your hunter ranking.

One thing to note is only the person who posts the urgent quest will have their ranking increase for completing it.

Ludovico

That's your online ranking. To progress between each level you need to do specific key quests (you can google which ones are). Once you've met the requirement you'll unlock an urgent quest just like offline. Completing that increases your hunter ranking.

One thing to note is only the person who posts the urgent quest will have their ranking increase for completing it.

Any benefit to doing HR quests solo as opposed to the single-player village quests? Do they both top out at the same level?

Killer

Banned

Oh i see. thanks!

Any benefit to doing HR quests solo as opposed to the single-player village quests? Do they both top out at the same level?

You can upgrade food ingredients with some quests and there are some monsters that are online only (there were in 3U anyway) otherwise the quests are fairly similar. The main benefit of playing online is that you can kill stuff much faster with a full group which makes upgrading your equipment far easier.

Ludovico

You can upgrade food ingredients with some quests and there are some monsters that are online only (there were in 3U anyway) otherwise the quests are fairly similar. The main benefit of playing online is that you can kill stuff much faster with a full group which makes upgrading your equipment far easier.

So some different quests and some of the same quests, you're just able to co-op them?
Cool, thanks!

Scher

If I buy the US version, can I play it on my eu 3ds xl, and can I play multiplayer with other eu versions?

US and EU are able to play together, but the 3ds is region locked, so you should only be able to play an EU copy of the game on a EU 3ds.

Qurupeke

I decided to make tsupacabra's armor as the velocidrome is quite difficult ot be found(or I'm doing something wrong). It seems like a good armor and it'll probably be enough for the rest of LR.

Edit: Where can I find Bumblepumpkins?

Leezard

I decided to make tsupacabra's armor as the velocidrome is quite difficult ot be found(or I'm doing something wrong). It seems like a good armor and it'll probably be enough for the rest of LR.

Edit: Where can I find Bumblepumpkins?

the pumpkins are rare drops that you can get when collecting items from "multiply items" at the wycoon.

Revenile

There's always the eshop, if you're desperate.

Game's been sold out everywhere near where I live too. Hope it's a sign it's performing well.

True, however even then I'd have to buy an eshop card, my money for the game is in store credit from trade ins. (This place is amazing, they deal in games from every system ever, just recently sold an Intelevision), so if they're out of cards too, still out of luck. I'm gonna give em until monday or so to hopefully get some in (I'm on the 'call when they're in stock again) or I might just get the eshop version if I can. I think part of the problem, at least here on the West coast is the ports are having a bitchfit over stuff and things are stacking up bad there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom