• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

I definitely need an interim armour for High Rank. Trying to farm P.Rath for the Heart set but a lot of her attacks either one or two shot me with my Low Rank Gore set on. Anything that's moderately easy/quick to farm? I remember my first High Rank set for MH3U was the Jaggi set.

Juraash

So today I squared off against Gore for real real. That dude is insane. The hunt took me 20-25 minutes I believe which has definitely been my longest in this game so far. That being said, I was wrecking on him pretty hard I felt. Didn't break his feelers but I did get just about everything else including a tail cut. Loot was good, tail carve got me a plate, though wtf I'm gonna do with it I'm not sure. I wasn't really eyeballing any of his gear before hand.

Also did several of the new monsters in the last 24 hours. All the new designs/types have been really great so far though some make me loathe my green sharpness.

Still feel like I'm slow compared to lots of people in this thread. But I tend to like clear story mode and dabble in some solo online before I group. This is probably doubly so since I'm playing with an unfamiliar weapon.

Condom

It's nice to have 5 strong weapons ready for any fight (HBG, GS, Hammer, Charge Blade and Bow). Takes more time to keep them all up but it's worth it.

I definitely need an interim armour for High Rank. Trying to farm P.Rath for the Heart set but a lot of her attacks either one or two shot me with my Low Rank Gore set on. Anything that's moderately easy/quick to farm? I remember my first High Rank set for MH3U was the Jaggi set.
Kut-Ku set? Has nice attack up.

It's nice to have a range set for this kind of situations, then you can farm without getting hit.

Quadraxis

Any tips on getting the feelers from Gore? I want the CB from gore and i need 3 of them :/ and going near his head during rage mode is kinda dangerous.

That's the only way you obtain them? :( And how rare are the "rare drops"?
If you multiply items, you sometimes have a random chance of getting a free pumpkin. I'm not sure just how rare they are, but I got 2 of them in about 4 cycles of 3 missions, so either I got crazy lucky, or it's not criminally rare. It'll take a while to collect enough to make an armour though.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I AM FUCKIN HYPE AS SHIT RIGHT NOW

>Fighting frenzied rathalos and frenzied rathian
>rathian is dead
>rathalos lookin like he's weak
>haven't carted once but I'm out of potions completely
>rathalos is up in the air lookin like he be reving up a fire ball
>get on a near by ledge and leap straight at him
>Hit X
>He releases fire ball
>BRACE FOR IMPACT
>BOOM
>QUEST COMPLETE
>fall to the ground smoldering still on fire as rathalos' limp body drops in front of me

Holy shit that's officially the clutchest kill I've ever done, had I not been in range or pushed X a second later I could have died.

Tetsucabra S is really easy to farm. Think I only needed 5 or 6 kills to get everything I needed. Only sticking point is you need to get some hercudrome bugs which are found in HR harvest tour on ancient steppes. I got 1 or 2 bugs per run

Cerity

Any tips on getting the feelers from Gore? I want the CB from gore and i need 3 of them :/ and going near his head during rage mode is kinda dangerous.

Try catching him side on with your charges, the attack where you spin your axe around twice is good for it. If you pull enough of them off and you're using an impact CB you'll knock him out for a bit.

I managed to break Gore Magala's feelers probably 3 times out of the times you fight him for the caravan quests and the 2 times I fought him when I went out for expeditions. My usual plan of attack is to get under him, get my charges up and then axe mode -> A -> back to sword mode. Gets him and other monsters in the face often enough to break whatever is on their face or knock them out.

ramyeon

It's nice to have 5 strong weapons ready for any fight (HBG, GS, Hammer, Charge Blade and Bow). Takes more time to keep them all up but it's worth it.

Kut-Ku set? Has nice attack up.

It's nice to have a range set for this kind of situations, then you can farm without getting hit.
Would have to grind the low level guild quest to get Kut-Ku high enough for it to drop High Rank mats :/ it does look like a decent set though..

Reknoc

Was doing the gathering quest in the mountain area and saw Zinogre so I thought I'd test my luck. Was going really well but then he went like, fucking super saiyan and carted me so I was like "nah, stuff this I'm out". Wrecked him in his quest though, much easier when you're food buffed for him lol. Even mounted him in SSJ form which is pretty metal while electricity is sparking all around you.

Pila

Morning hunters. Everyone completed G Rank yet? Good good ;)

I'm sure some of these guys already cleared G rank for real. ^^

I'm jealous, real talk. I wish I could play all the time too =( yesterday I forged my first low rank armor, I tried to hunt with the starter armor as long as possible. Made a sweet Tetsucabra full, not sure if it's the best low rank armor but I was just missing some paddock oil (I had all the monster parts already) so I just made that. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to enjoy a long session. :)

Kane1345

Was doing the gathering quest in the mountain area and saw Zinogre so I thought I'd test my luck. Was going really well but then he went like, fucking super saiyan and carted me so I was like "nah, stuff this I'm out". Wrecked him in his quest though, much easier when you're food buffed for him lol. Even mounted him in SSJ form which is pretty metal while electricity is sparking all around you.

I can't wait till I meet him again. I will admire his magnificence.........before I cut his head off

15 gores

0 plates

HR6 and still no gore weapons or armor.

Jack-Nicholson.gif

I feel your pain

20 Rathalos and counting with zero plates to be seen

Qurupeke

I'm sure some of these guys already cleared G rank for real. ^^

I'm jealous, real talk. I wish I could play all the time too =( yesterday I forged my first low rank armor, I tried to hunt with the starter armor as long as possible. Made a sweet Tetsucabra full, not sure if it's the best low rank armor but I was just missing some paddock oil (I had all the monster parts already) so I just made that. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to enjoy a long session. :)

*highfive*

It seems like a good armor and it's reaaally easy to make. It took me 3 turns to make this and his LS.

Fandangox

This is exactly what happened to me. I was doing the HR4 to HR5 urgent and this is the point where that good LR set won't work anymore. Gonna try the E.Congola set, I guess.

Shengar

Would have to grind the low level guild quest to get Kut-Ku high enough for it to drop High Rank mats :/ it does look like a decent set though..
Do you have the guild quest? If so, we should hunt together cause I WANT that Kutku HR armor. The only HR armor I have right now is Bnahabra, which have nice skills for SnS but looks very pervy especially in certain situation.

ramyeon

Do you have the guild quest? If so, we should hunt together cause I WANT that Kutku HR armor. The only HR armor I have right now is Bnahabra, which have nice skills for SnS but looks very pervy especially in certain situation.
Yeah I have it, but it's only lv 6 haha. To get it to high rank it needs to be at least lv 31... could take awhile!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
anyone want to do low rank online? I want to farm for tetsukabura armor, and whatever HR1

Reknoc

Sounds like I need to start using SnS

Comandr

Yeah I have it, but it's only lv 6 haha. To get it to high rank it needs to be at least lv 31... could take awhile!

Not necessarily. It seems that if your hunter rank is above the rank of the quest you're doing, it levels 3 at a time. My buddy and I just got from level 11 to 35 in about an hour.

ramyeon

Not necessarily. It seems that if your hunter rank is above the rank of the quest you're doing, it levels 3 at a time. My buddy and I just got from level 11 to 35 in about an hour.
Oh true, that's not so bad. Well I'm open to grinding the Kut-ku guild quest if anyone else wants to. Just about to have a quick dinner and then I'll be free the rest of the night anyway haha.

Qurupeke

It has probably been already answered but if you solo multiplayer quests, is the monster's HP lower than if you were with more players?

Oh god, Im properly out of touch with gaming but as soon as I saw the thread title I had to look. Are there any Uk deals for this and a 3DS?

Kane1345

It has probably been already answered but if you solo multiplayer quests, is the monster's HP lower than if you were with more players?

From what I can tell MP is still balanced around 2.5 people whether you do it alone or with 3 other people

EDIT: Crap, double post. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom