• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

General question, its there specific armor that are just simply better for certain weapons or something? I just usually make a part once I can make something and just wear it for the better defense, dont think about it too much. I've heard full sets does some good things, but if certain ones compliment a certain weapon or set up better i'll like to know
Full sets of armor activate one or more skills, and some skills work better with different weapons. Like a light bowgunner might look for a set that activates Bonus Shot while a bow user might look for one that activates Focus, even though they're both gunner sets.

Further along in the game it's common to mix and match pieces from different armor sets to activate skills that might not be possible on a whole set. It's sortof a meta-game unto itself.

Cerity

Any ideas of a good set for my insect glaive, its the gore magala one and has dragon skill

and how can you know in advance what each full set will give you? or just armor in general. I've been just equipping randomly until this point just looking at the number of defense

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/set/blademaster (blademasters at least)

Just browse the skill list and pick out what you think is good, I haven't touched the IG yet so not sure what'd be good for it.

JimPanzer

10* gold rathian down after 33 minutes, she made it utterly clear, that even after 200hours in the franchise, I still suck. god damn.

Raide

You lot are Jerks!

jw9rxWJ.jpg

The limited edition had no TBA when it would appear in my local GAME, so I just jumped.

la_briola

Any ideas of a good set for my insect glaive, its the gore magala one and has dragon skill
[...]

Thats also my weapon. I use a mix of the Lobster and Nargacuga armor.

Quoting myself:
My hunter is a ninja... and a lobster :lol

zlCfzTBN42AW_LOyMC

Evasion +2 (+3 is possible...)
Evade Dist.
Speed Sharping
If you have a Talisman with evasion you can get Evasion +3.
These three skills are very good for IG users, imho.

jorgejjvr

When it says Rarity 5 on kiranico, does that mean HR5?

Also, gloves off says this

Gloves Off
Latent Power Greatly empowers you for a limited time when certain conditions are met.

what conditions are those?

Why wont the Themes go up on the eShop already

I swear this stuff going on at NOA is driving me insane

They do have excellent customer service (helped me get my NNID back nicely) but they suck at everything else

ramyeon

Oh. So how do I know which monsters or mosters parts are available on which HR? I'm reading kalico, but how can I choose which armor set to make if idk where the items are coming from

im also not sure how the decorations or slots work
Look at the page for the material on Kalico, it'll say what monster/map it comes from and whether it's Low, High or G Rank and what the carve/gather percentage is.

You add decorations into slots and they add points towards skills. For example if your armour only gives +9 towards Speed Sharpening then you need to add a decoration that gives at least +1 towards it in order to make +10 and activate the skill.

Kane1345

Oh. So how do I know which monsters or mosters parts are available on which HR? I'm reading kalico, but how can I choose which armor set to make if idk where the items are coming from

im also not sure how the decorations or slots work

It's a bit long winded but you could check the guild quest list here http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/guild Then you would have to check each quest in the corresponding HR to see what boss monsters are available to fight

So I finally got to sit down a play A bit and I got a few questions:
How do I get the Nintendo outfits for my cat and also how in the world do I activate online so you can play with others?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Total time: 17:18
Average Play Time: 5:46 hours.

Pretty addicting so far, only at level three village quest yet. I guess I shouldn't farm all the armor sets :p

Well, this is the first MonHun that I've not left after a couple of hours, so here are my impressions:

Day 1: Well, the FPS isn't bad in my OG 3DS (not as bad as I expected), and the weapon tutorials are cool, I think I'm going with the Charge Blade, SnS is too normal, Dual blades are taking too long and the others are too heavy/slow, I'm not getting the timing right as a beginner. I thought about never using the cat because of FPS concerns, but he is helping me.

Day 2: Started to grind against the starting monsters so I can train my timing when changing the blade. Got my blade upgraded to the max before I hit the wall of not being able to get the items that I needed. A bit sad because the other weapons have so much variety and I'm stuck with the same thing. Also, the cat is starting to get on my nerves, but nothing too serious. His sound gets tiring after a while.

Day 3: I'm still bad but I can see a small improvement in timing stuff right like the charging attack with the blade mode, and the red shield buff. Killed a couple of stronger monsters today (this is relative, since I'm still in LR), and it felt good. The cat is a pain in the ass, would let him go but he is a nice dummy to take attacks.

Day 4: WHY CAN'T THIS CAT SHUT THE FUCK UP? I CAN' TAKE IT ANYMORE. Also, I cannot feel my right hand after a 12h+ marathon, but even without that the CPP has fucked it beyond belief. I don't think that I will like going from the CPP to the C-Stick, though, the nub looks like in a bad position, plus the ZR/ZL/R/L looks better in the old model. I won't miss the small screen, however.

In the end, I loved getting the game, never felt so many pleasure after killing a monster without a guide, only by learning his pattern. So far, Ioved that it basically says to me, everytime, "git gud", but without being unfair like DS.

And before I forget: fuck you, Kecha Wacha.

Wait, how are the ranks broken up in this one?

I just did the caravan 5* urgent and I was expecting it to count as hi-rank on my guild card (and start putting me in the zone to get better quality drops), but it didn't.

Are the multiplayer quests star breakdown different to accommodate for G-Rank?

ys45

Decided to use the switch axe yesterday for old time sake , and damn, it all came back to me in an instant and I only played with this weapon yesterday lol
Also the fact that I can't forge another type of Charge Blade (beside the elite one) doesn't help either so I'm gonna wait until I can forge other types of charge blade to use it.

Killed my first Seltas yesterday without dying and killed a few G jaggies, slowly progressing through the quests .

ramyeon

Is there anyone who can spare some time to do the 2x Iodrome HR5 quest with me? Need to do a High Rank quest in the Volcano to mine some Firestones and I refuse to deal with that Powderstone quest.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there anyone who can spare some time to do the 2x Iodrome HR5 quest with me? Need to do a High Rank quest in the Volcano to mine some Firestones and I refuse to deal with that Powderstone quest.

You can get firestones in low rank. Just do the harvest tour at the Volcanic Hollow.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there a writeup on how to get the different armor and 'pet' skins mentioned in the OP?

Thank you.

To get the Mario and Luigi outfits go to the cat in your house, choose DLC, then choose gift. You'll get a starter pack that includes the item required to forge them. Everything else will be released as free DLC.

Last night, I did the 4* urgent Gore Magala quest for the first time. I must say, the game designers did one hell of a job with that one. They build up the tension for quite a while, then you find it and drive it away, then you have to go hunt it.
The fight was superb - it was intense, scary, difficult, and oh so rewarding. The music and sound effects were also terrifying - I was so engrossed in the game and playing my damn best. I ended up getting carted once, but got that dude.

Oh, and I got a Plate. I hear those are hard to find.

jorgejjvr

To get the Mario and Luigi outfits go to the cat in your house, choose DLC, then choose gift. You'll get a starter pack that includes the item required to forge them. Everything else will be released as free DLC.

I have a problem with this. I share my new 3ds with my brother, he got the dlc, I went on MY file to try to download it and could not. Seems like only one of us can, will probably be like this for future dlc too....:(

Kinsei

Banned
I have a problem with this. I share my new 3ds with my brother, he got the dlc, I went on MY file to try to download it and could not. Seems like only one of us can, will probably be like this for future dlc too....:(

Nah, the future DLC's are quests that apply to every file. There will also be one to get more super mushrooms so you'll be able to get the Mario & Luigi outfits too.

Qurupeke

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the free DLC will be available via Event quests that provide tickets for the equipment. So, both of you should be able to get them.

Had the game crash on me earlier on. Anyone else had the same? Was like I pressed the power button but got taken to the home screen.
New 3DS XL with cart.
Did try using search :(

Hagi

Oh man i just got my ass handed to me by the first Gypceros you encounter in the village quests. Bad time to try out the hammer i think.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh man i just got my ass handed to me by the first Gypceros you encounter in the village quests. Bad time to try out the hammer i think.

Gypceros is one of my favorite monsters to hammer. Seeing that crest get destroyed while you're smashing his head in is an amazing feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom