• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anura

evade dist.+ still best skill <3 had to make a lot of compromises to get it though
Just wait till you get evade +3 to go with it.

Back in the original 4 you could get evade+3, evade dist+, sharpness+1, and speed sharpener using low rank Narga gear. They nerfed Narga gear though...

ramyeon

So after forging the Heart Rath set and upgrading my starting Charge Blade to the Blackguard I'm now broke. Is there an easy way to make money in this like in MH3U?

I honestly feel the game would be much more fun with lock on for regular enemies. I see no reason why there isn't.
It only takes like two or three hits to kill them and you pretty much never even have to look at them unless you're building a few peices of armor/weapons

So after forging the Heart Rath set and upgrading my starting Charge Blade to the Blackguard I'm now broke. Is there an easy way to make money in this like in MH3U?
Sell errthing

Hagi

Gypceros is one of my favorite monsters to hammer. Seeing that crest get destroyed while you're smashing his head in is an amazing feeling.

I had never used the hammer before that point lol

Seems like a fun fight though with the added status effects and that weird flash he does. Big step up from the Tetsucabra which took like 5 minutes.

wwm0nkey

I really like how if you add friends in the game it adds it to your 3DS main list without needing to trade friend codes and it tells you when your friends are online.

This needs to be the standard for 3DS games going forward.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

easiest I found so far is the small goldfish quest that gives you 3300 for little effort

bobohoro

Been wondering this too

same with caravan points

Multiply god bugs and might/adamant seeds. Should make you an additional 2k after every quest at least. Haven't looked for better methods, as a CB-user, you really do not run out of money that easily.

I'm also sitting on ~10k caravan points without really going for them. Rippened mushrooms (killing bugs that grew fat after eating mushrooms) and doing some egg delivery quests should help though.

Raide

New 3DS owner, dam Nintendo make you jump through hoops to get simple things done. Getting things updated and get my MH4U DLC is taking ages! lol

Shandy

Solo'd to HR2. I picked up a full Nerscylla set beforehand (because it looks cool, even if I don't think it's all that useful generally), so I could at least null the sleep. I was also ridiculously familiar with the fight by that point, so I held up well, it just took forever. My latent Australian spider-hunting abilities shining through.

I never ranked up in Freedom Unite. Even just to 2, I consider that an achievement for me.

Had the game crash on me earlier on. Anyone else had the same? Was like I pressed the power button but got taken to the home screen.
New 3DS XL with cart.
Did try using search :(

I've had my regular New 3DS shut off for seemingly no reason at all a couple of times while playing the game. One time was after I knocked the back of the unit (against a remote, not even that hard) near the power button. I ended up taking the back off and giving the battery a bit of a push and it hasn't happened since, but I can't say if it was the problem. I'd be interested to know if you took the back off, to access the memory card or write down the serial number or whatever else. I had (for cover plate reasons), which is what made me check the battery.

For what its worth, I tried searching yesterday as well and didn't find any mention of a problem. ):

jorgejjvr

A decent way to earn money is to multiply god bugs and sell them. Now if you are short caravan points that doesn't really help and I'm not sure if there's a super fast way to stockpile those.

Multiply god bugs and might/adamant seeds. Should make you an additional 2k after every quest at least. Haven't looked for better methods, as a CB-user, you really do not run out of money that easily.

I'm also sitting on ~10k caravan points without really going for them. Rippened mushrooms (killing bugs that grew fat after eating mushrooms) and doing some egg delivery quests should help though.

I can only multiply like 3 things, not even honey

Mupod

looking to start building a high rank bowgun - just looking at stats the Najarala HBG looks like what I want. Low recoil, decent capacity for normal 2 and pierce 2, and siege normal 2. Fast reload, fires paralyze and crag. I could kick some ass with that thing.

My problem is with armor sets though. If I could just find a decent evade distance charm I could make anything work...but I'd really like pierce up or normal up.

bobohoro

Nerscylla time. From 1 to 10, how bad it is? :p

As someone who can't deal with spiders in video games and even quit some due to them: 3. You might clam up in the beginning, but the thing is looking more like a big crystalised bug. No hairy legs and stuff.

I can only multiply like 3 things, not even honey

Strange. Have you never stopped by gathering points to get some basic items? Usually, every item you gathered once should show up and if you have one left in your inventory, you can multiply it.

I had to do shaggy a few times to get a tail for the gore charge blade (needed 1, carved not a tail twice!). Tried it with long sword which took about 17 minutes. Thought I'd use my rathian fire charge blade, just over 12 minutes. Saw the stockpile of gore materials I had amassed so I crafted the insect glaive. No idea what the fuck I was doing I killed him in <10 minutes.

Shaggy is a straight up psychopath giving old tigger a run for his money. Couldn't really get any axe swings in with the charge blade and since you can't trap him it's a pain to get some good wacks in (in before someone links some japanese dude kill him in 3m). I'm not particularly keen on the glaive but the mobility and utility is too freaking good.

jorgejjvr

As someone who can't deal with spiders in video games and even quit some due to them: 3. You might clam up in the beginning, but the thing is looking more like a big crystalised bug. No hairy legs and stuff.

Strange. Have you never stopped by gathering points to get some basic items? Usually, every item you gathered once should show up and if you have one left in your inventory, you can multiply it.

hmmm i think i have, i thought it was by village requests, idk still not sure how that works. I remember exchaning a couple of items from the old guy and redeeming nectar

i only see herbs and like 2 other things available for multiplay. It also has a tab with a number 1 and 2 only on top. Again, not sure how it all works

jorgejjvr

How far are you in the story? The yields and what you can have him multiply improve as you progress.

im about to finish it actually i think,
the gore magala I killed transformed into something else in a CGI cutscene

it might be the village requests

they take lots of caravan points tho lol

Reknoc

im about to finish it actually i think, the gore magala I killed transformed into something else in a CGI cutscene

Most of it is through Village Requests, yes, it's well worth it though and you shouldn't really be hurting for points that much if you've not done them.

Shengar

Sorry for not able to make it in time, the class and the train took longer than I thought D:
We should play next morning
I'm such a hoarder in MonHun :(

I don't recall being able to sell from the box in my house either, which is weird since you could do that in MH3U if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty I've sell my goldfish directly from the box
Also someone have recommended me before to farm money by breeding godbug and sell them later.

jorgejjvr

Most of it is through Village Requests, yes, it's well worth it though and you shouldn't really be hurting for points that much if you've not done them.
I've used a lot on nectar for the insect glaive...

Now I found that expeditions are good for those as well, easy to get there

wiibomb

you are halfway there.. that's about the end of MH4, but you still need to go to the MH4G story

btw.. I think you should put a spoiler tag in that gore magala detail, it might spoil for some others

tuffy

My problem is with armor sets though. If I could just find a decent evade distance charm I could make anything work...but I'd really like pierce up or normal up.
2 slot Evade Dist +3 decorations should make things easier than before, at least.

But I've resigned myself to mixing and matching if I'm going to manage something with a Shot Up, Evade Extender and Challenger since none of the full sets I've seen look too promising.

Mknzy

I am just getting started now that I have my MH4 New 3DS, and just wanted to ask really quickly, has anything changed as far as the Switch Axe goes from MH3U? It's been my weapon of choice, and I would like to be aware of any major changes before I really get going.

Qurupeke

Done with Narscylla. Creepy spider... It made me sleep and then instead of attacking me it swiftly moved around me preparing to eat me. lol

Had the game crash on me earlier on. Anyone else had the same? Was like I pressed the power button but got taken to the home screen.
New 3DS XL with cart.
Did try using search :(

I've had one soft lock. Had to reset the system. Not sure what initiated it. Nothing since, though. And that was early on.

Kane1345

Done with Narscylla. Creepy spider... It made me sleep and then instead of attacking me it swiftly moved around me preparing to eat me. lol

Yup that bit took me totally by surprise. Killed one of my friends using that method, was quite funny actually lol

I really like how if you add friends in the game it adds it to your 3DS main list without needing to trade friend codes and it tells you when your friends are online.

This needs to be the standard for 3DS games going forward.

Agree with you. Adding 3DS friends is no longer a tedious process to go through. Just send friend invitations while you're in MP mode and voila!

Damn the 3DS is tricky to get use to after playing the Wii-U MH.

Bow use is really hard to start off with.

Yeah

Much easier on New 3DS with the Nub and extra shoulder buttons. Still tricky. I rarely aim since it usually takes so long. Instead I just position my guy according to the defualt arrow flight path and let em fly.

Okay, so I beat the Gore Magala, but he's still the only 5* Quest I have available. How do I unlock more? The only quests I haven't done are the 3* Egg and Fishing quests. Do I just need to Expedition some?

Okay, so I beat the Gore Magala, but he's still the only 5* Quest I have available. How do I unlock more? The only quests I haven't done are the 3* Egg and Fishing quests. Do I just need to Expedition some?

You might have to revisit all the town and see if any of the NPC have a notification on them

emb

Should get my game today. Too excited. I hate that I'll probably still be working when it gets here though. x.x

Kinsei

Banned

Go to Harth and talk to the chief to get the quest required for you to build an airship. They mentioned this before you get the expedition to save the Ace Hunters so you most likely just forgot along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom